Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Becoming an Ex-Pat EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Becoming an Ex-Pat

+3
jmainframe
elvis44102
laylasgaga
7 posters

Go down

Becoming an Ex-Pat Empty Becoming an Ex-Pat

Post by laylasgaga Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm

My husband and I are seriously researching moving out of the country to find a better opportunity. Has anyone else looked into this?

laylasgaga

Back to top Go down

Becoming an Ex-Pat Empty Re: Becoming an Ex-Pat

Post by elvis44102 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 pm

laylasgaga wrote:My husband and I are seriously researching moving out of the country to find a better opportunity. Has anyone else looked into this?

it had better be someplace that you know the language, England is a shambles

Australia severely limits immigration
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am

My wife and I talk about it from time to time. Brazil is a nice country. It's economy is second only to the US in the western hemisphere in terms of GDP, and 7th overall. They are completely energy self-sufficient, with an abundence of natural resources. Demographically, they are made up mostly of white Western-European Roman Catholics with a national language of Portugese. There is still however high income inequality with a large percentage of its population living in poverty, but that situation has been steadily improving.

jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I know someone who moved to Brazil, and desperately wants to move back to the states...according to him, it's a whole different way of life out there.

But if you decided to move out of the country, can I go with you...escaping sounds pretty good to me at the moment.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 am

MarilynL wrote:I know someone who moved to Brazil, and desperately wants to move back to the states...according to him, it's a whole different way of life out there.

But if you decided to move out of the country, can I go with you...escaping sounds pretty good to me at the moment.

Wow, that's too bad! Yeah, I'm sure their culture is totally different from here, but I'm sure our parents or grandparents felt the same way when they came to America.

Marilyn, if I decide to go, you can certainly come!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by NotRepAnymore Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm six miles from Toronto Canada and have been considering the same thing. I'm already an ex-pat in my views and opinions. I should scrape together as much money as I can and get the hell out of the US.

NotRepAnymore

Back to top Go down

Post by oncemore Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 pm

NotRepAnymore wrote:I'm six miles from Toronto Canada and have been considering the same thing.  I'm already an ex-pat in my views and opinions.  I should scrape together as much money as I can and get the hell out of the US.

Then by all means Please LEAVE ! What's stopping you ? I am tired of our military members (My Brothers In Arms) coming home in body bags for people like YOU .....PLEASE GO AHEAD LEAVE !
I promise YOU WONT be missed !

Signed

USMC

Becoming an Ex-Pat Cid_4e11

oncemore

Back to top Go down

Post by NotRepAnymore Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:19 am

oncemore wrote:
NotRepAnymore wrote:I'm six miles from Toronto Canada and have been considering the same thing.  I'm already an ex-pat in my views and opinions.  I should scrape together as much money as I can and get the hell out of the US.

Then by all means Please LEAVE ! What's stopping you ? I am tired of our military members (My Brothers In Arms) coming home in body bags for people like YOU .....PLEASE GO AHEAD LEAVE !

Signed

USMC

Wow.  All that hostility.  I'm tired of military members having to serve blindly a government that scrapes them off as soon they're no longer needed.  You know, like they're doing to me and 1.6 million other jobless right now, many of us who are vets.  Yeah, if I had the money, I'd leave in heartbeat.  I promise, I wouldn't miss this gutter country.

Signed

USArmy

Becoming an Ex-Pat Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOvvnmAnEgYFrDJ6OBR11qC2Lvg7YjJYKJCn_XL0cW-NyxFc2L

NotRepAnymore

Back to top Go down

Post by oncemore Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:33 am

6 Miles is not that far to walk and start over !

I hear there's free land at the North Pole as well !

In the bush of NAM in 68/69 you would have been shot by one of your own for talking the way you do !

At least people didnt spit in your face and call you a baby killer ..... but if you were in IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN,  i know better !

This is all about YOU and not the unit as a whole !

I feel for you but suck it up stop whining an move forward , where ever that may take you .

Last edited by oncemore on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

oncemore

Back to top Go down

Post by NotRepAnymore Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:32 am

Oh, I get it, you're following me all over the board, whining.

A life...get one.

And "nam" was fifty damn years ago.

NotRepAnymore

Back to top Go down

Post by oncemore Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Yes "NAM" was 50 years ago . What , you dont respect the VET'S of that era ?

oncemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Laborforce Blue 7 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 am

oncemore wrote:

Signed

USMC

Hey, if I was Kevin in the picture I'd thank the soldier and to show him I appreciate what he did for me and others instead of the corporate interest of the elite I'd remain seated.

NotRepAnymore wrote:
Wow.  All that hostility.  I'm tired of military members having to serve blindly a government that scrapes them off as soon they're no longer needed.  You know, like they're doing to me and 1.6 million other jobless right now, many of us who are vets.

Signed

USArmy

Becoming an Ex-Pat Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOvvnmAnEgYFrDJ6OBR11qC2Lvg7YjJYKJCn_XL0cW-NyxFc2L
CAN I GET AN AMEN SOMEBODY!!!  cheers

Laborforce Blue 7

Back to top Go down

Post by oncemore Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Laborforce Blue 7 wrote:
oncemore wrote:

Signed

USMC

Hey, if I was Kevin in the picture I'd thank the soldier and to show him I appreciate what he did for me and others instead of the corporate interest of the elite I'd remain seated.

NotRepAnymore wrote:
Wow.  All that hostility.  I'm tired of military members having to serve blindly a government that scrapes them off as soon they're no longer needed.  You know, like they're doing to me and 1.6 million other jobless right now, many of us who are vets.

Signed

USArmy

CAN I GET AN AMEN SOMEBODY!!!  cheers

As far as Kevin goes he needs to be taken out behind the woodshed , now for the rest of what you said ....Let me know when a poor person offers you a good paying job with benefits and As far as an AMEN , let me know how many disabled people in a wheelchair you see in a unemployment line !.... Suspect 

oncemore

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Oh my!
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Laborforce Blue 7 Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 pm

oncemore wrote:
As far as Kevin goes he needs to be taken out behind the woodshed , now for the rest of what you said ....Let me know when a poor person offers you a good paying job with benefits
Oh here we go with the self-centered Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged" nonsense.  First of all, a person cannot do such things in a capitalist-society while being poor because... well, they're poor (duh).  And, by your request, if you are in any way trying to imply that working people should somehow be eternally grateful for rich people providing the opportunity for us to have jobs, let me remind you that the reason they are rich is because of the servitude of working-class people.  The rich don't exist in a vacuum and their wealth, no matter how many generations it has persisted in the history of their bloodline, didn't just drop out of the sky.  Now we shouldn't have a problem with someone taking a leadership role in economics or politics but when such people begin to illustrate a disregard for the ones who put them in the position they're in, like what's been happening the last couple of decades, then we definitely have a problem (because, as I aforementioned, as many of those pompous-ass narcissists want to believe, they didn't do it all by themselves).  So John Galt can go to hell as far as I'm concern.

oncemore wrote:As far as an AMEN , let me know how many disabled people in a wheelchair you see in a unemployment line !.... Suspect 
Well, as for that.  First, let me clarify that in no way was I cheering about anyone, veterans or otherwise, being disabled, if that's what you're implying.  As for them in the unemployment-line, no, I guess they wouldn't because I imagine they'd be getting disability instead in unemployment (duh II, the sequel).

Oh, and leave Kevin alone.  He's just excising his rights that the soldier fought so hard for.  Becoming an Ex-Pat 317789

Last edited by Laborforce Blue 7 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laborforce Blue 7

Back to top Go down

Post by oncemore Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Well let's just go back to horse drawn buggies and horse pulled plows and live off the land, in thrown up wood shacks with wall's and roof's you can see through,ya know it took both sides working together to make the changes ......DUH......Someone with foresite and big money backing had to change things , but you know they could have just left things as they were .

Fact , if the working class and big money dont see eye to eye here , the jobs will never come back!

High Taxes along with NAFTA are the reason jobs are gone , and both parties are to blame !

As far as Kevin and NotRepAnymore go , they are just as free to leave a country they dont respect for any other they find more suitable to their liking , and that was my point !

Now for the wheelchair you agreed with me .... doubt very strongly you will ever see one in a unemployment line.

oncemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum