» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Those Who Simply Do Not Want to Know

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Those Who Simply Do Not Want to Know

Post by Springflowers on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I agree with these folks...I run into the we don't want to know types all the time. I find myself wondering how some have stayed on easy street so easily and do not even relate.

http://ramennoodlenation.blogspot.com/2012/09/those-who-simply-do-not-want-to-know.html

Sunday, September 23, 2012
Those Who Simply Do Not Want To Know
One thing about the economic problems overtaking America, is the reality that most people out there are taking the news for granted, so instead of looking around them and seeing the abandoned store fronts, they believe Obama when he tells them the economy is improving. Endless pundits tell us the economy is improving over and over. What world do they live in? Then Romney does even the same, basically insulting half of America, blaming them for dependence on the government.

Romney Calls Half of Americans Hopeless Losers

What are we all supposed to do go in the street and starve? No one questions how much everything costs, but supposedly without jobs, we are all supposed to be "self reliant", how does that one manage that off the land without benefitting from the full fruits of one's labors when one can be laid off on a whim? In the old days, disabled people could be taken care of with one income coming into the household, the bills were paid, food and medical care was affordable, and so was life. One could start a small business and make it, and also more people had communities, close by families where there was mutual help and support. So what is Romney's solution? "Go die!, poor people!" And if you think Obama cares about the poor, he doesn't, he just keeps lying about the economy improving to make himself look better. They've been cooking the numbers for years.

So the condemnation comes full force, and perhaps Romney was seeking to win over all those "blame the poor" types who turn a blind eye to the endless trillions given to the banks and wars. Hey even Obama promised more cash for Indonesia. What was that 1 billion? 2 billion? Ah they will just print more money! While America goes broke, Obama has been passing our money out like he is on a Friday night bender.

See of them complaining about QE3 which is basically more bail-outs for bankers and more cash in their pockets? I sure don't. It's easier to blame the poor. Also all the nonsense about personal responsibility, sure there are poor people who have substance abuse problems but they use this to paper over the failing economy, basically saying "Let them eat cake" and "It's your fault" to every person who is poor.

Sometimes I wonder if Romney is throwing the election to Obama on purpose, you know another John McCain, or John Kerry, The Reckoner may not agree with me on this, but I believe they already got their man chosen before the two party dance show is put on stage.

One historical fact I would LOVE to find out, is when the first depression was going on, did people admit it? Could the poor speak openly of what was happening or where they silenced by those around them? Sometimes when frogs get cooked in pots on low, the process is so gradual, they can lead people to believe that things were always like this, but there seems to be a process going on way beyond that.

I was on a social website group, talking about an old town I lived in and one guy admitted that the abandoned and foreclosed house rate was astronomical. The rate was something like 30% county-wide! He got this rate off a mainstream government website. While living in that town 6 years ago, I once counted multiple empty houses in my own neck of the woods, and I did not live on the "bad side of town". It was strange seeing those houses with shuttered windows and more falling into disrepair and depressing as well. Many people got angry, that conversation was shut down. They were horrified that such thing would even be discussed. As the conversation went on, a very brainwashed woman came on and told us, that no president should be criticized, Obama or Romney should he win, and she included Bush. Those are the types that led us down this road to begin with. She also should be given an retroactive "F" in government class for failing the once cherished standards of American citizenship. She added "Nothing is wrong with the economy in ______, we are doing just fine ourselves!"

With those kind of attitudes, well truth and reality are being pushed aside quite easily by the powers that be. They have succeeded in getting Americans to embrace their own demise, so when Medicare, welfare and unions are no more, and we have people starving in the streets, or living on 2 dollars an hour, after all welfare amounts to modern soup lines, then things will get very interesting. It probably won't stop them from handing more billions of dollars overseas countries that hate us, or more wars--Obama has led most of the liberals of today to love war, see any war protesting lately? or stopping the cash flow to the bankers.

If I recall even in that old small town, there was even one editor who was fired for saying, "hey there are serious economic problems".Sure one doesn't want a place to get a bad reputation, it was a very nice small town but what happens to a place when the powers that be or those who still have money in their pockets are invested in the whole NOTHING TO SEE HERE mantra. It makes you wonder when that happens to an entire country.They do want to make you voiceless, inconsequential and they want to advance the plan to strip all the safety nets but for all the talk of personal responsibility they are coming up with, they desire to strip away as much freedom as possible as well. Sure maybe things were better before everyone became dependent, the IDEAL definitely would be otherwise, but something inside me almost tells me it's like they put the carrots on the stick, ripped down the system and are ripping it all away by plan, what else explains the lust for outsourcing? If there are no jobs, no growing your own food, no jobs, no money, how do they expect people to survive? My conclusion they don't care. And in this whole picture, they don't want you to care either, and the ones who are awake will be silenced with cries of "You are wrong!", "How dare you!", "How dare you criticize politician #1 and #2" or the simply the now dominant.... "It's not happening!" and the hatred of the poor which has served the elite so well, will be advanced, while they clean the till out.

Oh one thing, Romney is a liar, even the poorest person in the land, everytime they buy food, gas or anything else, pays SOME TAXES. --The Squawker

Posted by Ramen Noodle Nation at 10:11 AM

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Re: Those Who Simply Do Not Want to Know

Post by need_a_break on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 pm

That is so true. People were fine when we, the long-termed unemployed were thrown under the bus by the Republican's and the Tea Party's Shock and Awe agenda. They refused to believe us instead believed the hype that we are lazy and on drugs. But still no one comes to our defense.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Scary how she talks about no one wants to know, thats exactly what happened in Europe to the Jews. No one wanted to believe or talk about what was happening to those poor human beings either. To this day, there are people who yet do not believe it ever happened. Scary stuff!! BTW, I'm not jewish, but I know it really happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Unfortunately, detaching ourselves from others' hurts and pains is a real part of our human make up. If we were to spend our days feeling the pain of everyone around us, we would never be able to go on with our own lives. All their problems would weigh us down.
So, instinctively, people who are not struggling as we are, keep us all at a distance; they don't have the solution to help us...therefore it's best not to even bring it up. They can't relate to what we are going thru, so how can they really help.

I think we all do that a little in our own lives. Several of my friends have had to go thru some minor turbelence...and I have to stick a big note on my desk to just remind myself to call them to see how they are. If I don't, I forget. Even in my boring life, I get so tied up in other things that makes it so easy to not remember.

While I understand all this...it is tuff when it comes to your family, your own best friends, to take notice that they haven't even asked how you've been in the last 30 days. My own sister e-mails me rather than calls me now....(which I now ignore.) I have a nephew that manages a bank...has he cared to even consider me for a bank teller job? Even though I don't have experience in the banking business, I would think that all my years in managing Customer Service, I would be some kind of an asset to them. But, just maybe he has never thought of it, and I am not the one to beg from a family member.

So, in truth, all our lives have strayed from the right path...the path that cares for and helps one another. I don't know when that happened, but I don't see it getting any better real soon. I think we are doomed to become more detached from people, and continue to live in our regimented world, that requires us to get up everyday, go to work to earn a living, come home to cook meals, and eventually to bed. Interaction among people and family, will become less and less...and just maybe that will the end of the world! lol

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm

need_a_break wrote:That is so true. People were fine when we, the long-termed unemployed were thrown under the bus by the Republican's and the Tea Party's Shock and Awe agenda. They refused to believe us instead believed the hype that we are lazy and on drugs. But still no one comes to our defense.

Yeah the Tea Party phenom really ended up helping the bankers out didn't it?

Scary...

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Guest wrote:Scary how she talks about no one wants to know, thats exactly what happened in Europe to the Jews. No one wanted to believe or talk about what was happening to those poor human beings either. To this day, there are people who yet do not believe it ever happened. Scary stuff!! BTW, I'm not jewish, but I know it really happened.

There is a lot happening that people are in major denial about. The decline of the USA economy and what is happening to this nation is big. Yes with the Jews and what was being done to them, lies papered over the horror and evils being committed. Yeah some of the liars, still continue their tales to this day. I believe it happened too and have talked to people who saw it HAPPEN.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:08 pm

MarilynL wrote:Unfortunately, detaching ourselves from others' hurts and pains is a real part of our human make up. If we were to spend our days feeling the pain of everyone around us, we would never be able to go on with our own lives. All their problems would weigh us down.
So, instinctively, people who are not struggling as we are, keep us all at a distance; they don't have the solution to help us...therefore it's best not to even bring it up. They can't relate to what we are going thru, so how can they really help.

It must be some natural reaction to pretend it isn't happening so they can think it will never happen to them. Probably the only thing that makes sense of it. I wonder too about the relatives with good jobs or positions, who never seem to offer a chance or hand up to other young people or the rest in the family, its like they want the others to fail. I understand not wanting to beg from a family member but yes some of the cluelessness out there is rife.
I do think things have changed far for the worse even with my own life time, American society is too disconnected. Even if you find a small close community and other people, and I managed this for a time in life, they find ways to ruin it economically and otherwise, as if we all have nooses tied around our necks. Yes Marilyn the world is getting more and more regimented, they want unthinking slaves, who give them all their time, not friends and family. Maybe God will be ending this world soon. can see why He would be. {as read in book in Revelation}

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 pm

i have read of the two party system referred to as the party of yes, and yes Sir

The notion that "money runs the world" is not a new one....

money has run the world for thousands of years

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm

It may have run the world for thousands of years, however, "People" were alot different in their private lives...You cannot tell me that people are the same as they were thousands of years ago...I don't buy that!

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Yes, people change after they hit 1,000 years old. Smile

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm

MarilynL wrote:It may have run the world for thousands of years, however, "People" were alot different in their private lives...You cannot tell me that people are the same as they were thousands of years ago...I don't buy that!

Shakespeare is quite "old" yet his plays are considered classic partly because of the human emotions and interplay are still the same.

Mankind's life expectancy has lengthened and the common man is now literate and less per-possessed to superstition, thanks to the invention of the printing press and medical advance

but people still love, fear and hope as they always have.

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 pm

elvis44102 wrote:
MarilynL wrote:It may have run the world for thousands of years, however, "People" were alot different in their private lives...You cannot tell me that people are the same as they were thousands of years ago...I don't buy that!

Shakespeare is quite "old" yet his plays are considered classic partly because of the human emotions and interplay are still the same.

Mankind's life expectancy has lengthened and the common man is now literate and less per-possessed to superstition, thanks to the invention of the printing press and medical advance

but people still love, fear and hope as they always have."

That's where they differ...it's WHAT they love, WHAT they fear, and WHAT they hope for today.....that is what so different!!!!

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Marilyn, you seem upset tonight. I hope you are okay. Elvis was just sharing some age old wisdom and truths.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 pm

mackylebourne wrote:Marilyn, you seem upset tonight. I hope you are okay. Elvis was just sharing some age old wisdom and truths.

macky

Nope, not upset...lol..I just see things quite different than Elvis....nobody can tell me that things of day gone by are the same as today...certainly human beings will always have the same capacity to feel emotions, yesterday, today, and tomorrow...however, it's the things they love, fear, and hope for that are quite different. Today, those feelings are centered on themselves. I guess you have to be up there in age to see this.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Okay, I'm glad you're okay. Just wondering, how old does one need to be? I'm constantly dismissed because I'm younger than some.

My dismissal is often another's denial.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 pm

mackylebourne wrote:Okay, I'm glad you're okay. Just wondering, how old does one need to be? I'm constantly dismissed because I'm younger than some.

macky

lol...well have you ever heard your mother say, "boy the world isn't the same as it was when I was a kid"...and did you ever laugh at her remark thinking she just couldn't handle change? ...lol....well , when you're her age, you will say...."Now I know what she was talking about."....lol

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 am

MarilynL wrote:
mackylebourne wrote:Okay, I'm glad you're okay. Just wondering, how old does one need to be? I'm constantly dismissed because I'm younger than some.

macky

lol...well have you ever heard your mother say, "boy the world isn't the same as it was when I was a kid"...and did you ever laugh at her remark thinking she just couldn't handle change? ...lol....well , when you're her age, you will say...."Now I know what she was talking about."....lol

Actually by then I'll consider myself gone from being ripe with insight to a wilted apple tainted without recourse or desire to listen.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 am

How lucky you will be, to be able to shut yourself off from the world so easily...but I doubt that will be the case....lolol. For it is with age that we gain wisdom, and with wisdom we gain more insight. I wish I had no desire to listen, but unfortunately, that is the time we settle down and have more time to listen, gather our thoughts, and learn from what we have experienced, and seen during our life time. We do receive great gifts at the same time....we learn not to judge, and to have compassion,to slow down, and smell the roses, because we will have seen much of the world, and will have discover the more important things. However, we can also see where the next generation is heading for, and that's what's the scarey part.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:00 am

Ma tongue was in ma cheek! lol

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:27 am

MarilynL wrote:
elvis44102 wrote:

but people still love, fear and hope as they always have."

That's where they differ...it's WHAT they love, WHAT they fear, and WHAT they hope for today.....that is what so different!!!!

IMO about 80 percent of the world is run by fear, of one sort or another, even if unrecognized within the individual as such.

Historically we have had dreamers and such who longed for a better world
and even gathered small following

These people are always stopped by the people who spread fear.

yes the actual things people may love and fear are different, the emotions they show are the same.

EDIT much of history as taught even in the schools is NOT what actually happened.

there just may be a human need to remember things more fondly than they were

why the republicans have built a whole political party based on some fantasy small town which never even existed.

I think there are/is only ONE kind of human and that we have small fluctuations many cultural based, that some have blown out of proportion to good/evil significance

we need "unifying principles" to come together, although as i have said it has been tried before

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 am

Things are different now, the elites have broken down social connections, families, etc.

They have far more control then they ever did before.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 am

Springflowers wrote:

Things are different now, the elites have broken down social connections, families, etc.

They have far more control then they ever did before.

we are bombarded with catch phrases and slogans

watch "the century of the self" how those in power try to manipulate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTarrgvkjo

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Bump

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 pm

here is another video on the subject..

Remember for` much of humanity man has been ruled by an "elite"

and this idea does not die easily

This film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0s1YBqgIdg&feature=related

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 pm

elvis44102 wrote:here is another video on the subject..

Remember for` much of humanity man has been ruled by an "elite"

and this idea does not die easily

This film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0s1YBqgIdg&feature=related

Honestly, Elvis, I don't doubt that humanity has been ruled by an elite group of people for centuries. But I'm not interested in that group...however important they seem to be to our survival... I am more interested in the common man, those I live next door to, those I bump into on the streets, the next generation of kids that I'm going to be observing in my elderly age....it is the character of these people that have changed...It is what I have observed over the years..the individual character of humanity that I share my everyday living with...it is their evolution of character that frightens me and seriously makes me sick!

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top