Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 am

Kulkulkan wrote:Had an interview with an off-price retailer for a supervisor position last week, no love yet.

Really infuriated by application for similar position at JCPenney, failed the moronic personality test! What, I can't do the job I've been doing for twenty years? If not, retailers, I should just die instead? I won;t give you that satisfaction!

I would really love to know the correct answers to those personality tests! If you have worked all your life and have a good work history, what difference does it make. What kind of people are these places looking for? If everyone had the same type of personality in this world, it would be pretty boring. These tests, in my opinion, are just another form of discrimination.

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:42 am

Yes those tests suck. I'm not good at them either.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:Yes those tests suck. I'm not good at them either.

I must have passed one recently since I got to the interview. All I know is that I was careful to answer so that I seemed like I was extremely obedient and respectful of authority. Which of course is the exact opposite of what I really am.

The test warned at the beginning that it could detect if you were lying. That was obviously not true. Twisted Evil
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:43 am

JoanB wrote:

I must have passed one recently since I got to the interview. All I know is that I was careful to answer so that I seemed like I was extremely obedient and respectful of authority. Which of course is the exact opposite of what I really am.

The test warned at the beginning that it could detect if you were lying. That was obviously not true. Twisted Evil

lol! Good luck on your interview!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
JoanB wrote:

lol! Good luck on your interview!

Oh, I already had the interview--they were narrowing the field with the test first. Didn't get the job.

I've had 2 interviews this month. I think I get knocked out of the running when they see how old I am (55). I chopped 15 years off of my early history so I could at least improve my chances of getting my foot in the door. And that does seem to help. If you can't get the interview, you're not going to get the job. But it does set you up for higher levels of dissappointment.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:51 am

This week Job hunting for me: My newly updated (and redone) resume was sent out to 452 companies just yesterday.

Between career-builder, monster, Dice and sologig. I used to do craigslist as a job search but now with the amt of spam and B/S job postings I gave up on CL.

to companies up and down the eastern seaboard and the midwest.

on Monday I sent out about 50 to just NJ.

My point? All of these resumes I sent out will just be going into the abyss....

As anyone can see I have no problem with relocation...I travel so light now it is unbelievable and it is liberating...

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

YB500 wrote:This week Job hunting for me: My newly updated (and redone) resume was sent out to 452 companies just yesterday.

Between career-builder, monster, Dice and sologig. I used to do craigslist as a job search but now with the amt of spam and B/S job postings I gave up on CL.

to companies up and down the eastern seaboard and the midwest.

on Monday I sent out about 50 to just NJ.

My point? All of these resumes I sent out will just be going into the abyss....

As anyone can see I have no problem with relocation...I travel so light now it is unbelievable and it is liberating...

I know, YB. I've done the resume blitz too, and with not a single response. Now that I have had those two interviews, I expect that I'll go for months and months with nada. That's what's happened in the past.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Just got another rejection letter today. Why am I not surprised. "We had more applicants than we anticipated. Regretfully we decided to go a different way.

That interview was in March and I already knew it wasn't going to go in my favor when I left but to see it written is still a bummer.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Here's a good one for you guys. Been applying for cashier positions around the local grocery stores-no luck. My son who is 17 just told me his 2 16 year old friends got hired for a couple of the the jobs I applied for around the same time. I was silently humiliated, but so glad my child didn't know I had applied also. No such thing as age discrimination uh? These kids have never held a job or even graduated. I was a math teacher with cashier experience. I'm glad these kids will have a job-don't get me wrong- I like both these kids and wish them the best- but what a SLAP in the face. The only good thing is nobody knows but me ( and you guys). UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 907995
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

americatheneedy wrote:Here's a good one for you guys. Been applying for cashier positions around the local grocery stores-no luck. My son who is 17 just told me his 2 16 year old friends got hired for a couple of the the jobs I applied for around the same time. I was silently humiliated, but so glad my child didn't know I had applied also. No such thing as age discrimination uh? These kids have never held a job or even graduated. I was a math teacher with cashier experience. I'm glad these kids will have a job-don't get me wrong- I like both these kids and wish them the best- but what a SLAP in the face. The only good thing is nobody knows but me ( and you guys). UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 907995

Thats what they're waiting for. Highschool and college kids. The ads will be in the papers until schools get out and colleges get out next month. That and work exchange students.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:19 am

Which is why I really just want an answer as to what we are supposed to do, just crawl out onto the tundra? Anyone who wonders at the poor service they get from customer service should realize that the experienced are being kept out. I can only hope businesses short-sighted enough to do these things remember the fate of Circuit City... Mad
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 am

Kulkulkan wrote:Which is why I really just want an answer as to what we are supposed to do, just crawl out onto the tundra? Anyone who wonders at the poor service they get from customer service should realize that the experienced are being kept out. I can only hope businesses short-sighted enough to do these things remember the fate of Circuit City... Mad

Every time I drive by the hollow hulk that was the Circuit City here, I still snicker under my breath. Every once in a while, there is justice in life. We just wish it happened more often.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

I am so sick & tired of the huge online applications that almost all employers use. They take forever! It seems like each one asks for some different information like starting & ending salaries that I have to stop and go dig up.

I am so tired of the time involved and just an automated message that it was received (at best).
GRRRRRR! MAD
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:32 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I am so sick & tired of the huge online applications that almost all employers use. They take forever! It seems like each one asks for some different information like starting & ending salaries that I have to stop and go dig up.

I am so tired of the time involved and just an automated message that it was received (at best).
GRRRRRR! MAD

Yeah what biz is it of theirs about past salaries. I just put $1.00 and $1.50 if they want to know they can ask in the interview.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:36 pm

MoInSTL wrote:I am so sick & tired of the huge online applications that almost all employers use. They take forever! It seems like each one asks for some different information like starting & ending salaries that I have to stop and go dig up.

GRRRRRR! MAD

Me too. Like they're too good to just accept your uploaded resume. I am so sick of the whole thing that even on the rare occasions when I get an interview, it's really hard not to have "you're an idiot, I hate you" running in my head while I'm smiling.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm

It takes me a solid hour even copying and pasting from another profile I created. It's also a little invasive. I wish the same as you JoanB----what happened to a cover letter and resume?

Maybe I'm slow. How long does it take other folks? Just curious.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:25 pm

It has taken me at least that long sometimes. Ever have one time out on you so that you have to start all over again? If that's not enough to make you go all Bolshevik on their asses, I don’t know what is.

[img]UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 3 Urss_s13[/img]
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I took a break from searching for jobs this week. Took a break from the frustration and discouragement.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I took a break from searching for jobs this week. Took a break from the frustration and discouragement.

I could never do that.Shocked I would be too afraid that I missed that one golden job that had my name written all over it.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:I took a break from searching for jobs this week. Took a break from the frustration and discouragement.

I could never do that.Shocked I would be too afraid that I missed that one golden job that had my name written all over it.

There was nothing in the papers for me anyway so I didn't miss any golden opportunity.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:
Sunrise wrote:

There was nothing in the papers for me anyway so I didn't miss any golden opportunity.

I even find it hard on the weekends not to look for jobs. Shocked If I get on the computer, which I invariably do, I check on a couple of job websites to see if anything new has posted.

I wish that I could take a break from this stuff but it sticks to me like peanut butter on the roof of my mouth - except this has a very nasty after taste.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:
Sunrise wrote:

I even find it hard on the weekends not to look for jobs. Shocked If I get on the computer, which I invariably do, I check on a couple of job websites to see if anything new has posted.

I wish that I could take a break from this stuff but it sticks to me like peanut butter on the roof of my mouth - except this has a very nasty after taste.

I have enough resumes out there. Have you found one yet
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 pm

i still have so many uploaded & floating on the web. or the paper resume and applications are added to a leaning tower in some places. it is a compulsion to keep looking. i know what Sunrise means, but after awhile you can go bonkers. your searching for something that just isnt there.

ok who am i fooling? i look every morning, and right before i go to bed.
Shocked
unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 am

I look every day....from morning to night, M-Sunday....call temps every Monday morning....found out recently that Aerotek's listings on Thingamajob.com are worthless and mostly repeats.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 am

I took a break because I had to stand back and re assess what I'm doing. I looked but didn't apply is what I should've said or send any resumes out this week. Because most of the jobs are repeats or scams.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next