» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:55 am

No word from anyone again this week. There's always next. I need a stronger nut cracker, this shell is hard to break.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:09 pm

None of my past interviews resulted in anything resembling a job so I approach my 3rd xmas with no money or hope. Everyday I feel more detached as I only text 2 people and have no contact with anyone anymore. I dont know the last time I enjoyed myself. I forced myself to apply for jobs, when I don't think it will work out. I applied for a position that sent this email:

Thank you so much for your interest in our new position. We are putting this position on a very fast track because we would like someone to start no later than January 3rd, and perhaps earlier.

There are three essential skills/experiences needed to be successful in this position:

1. successful experiences in each of the three primary responsibilities: relationship management, strategic project management and communications
2. ability to understand a financial statement
3. ability to research and synthesize information

To ascertain your abilities on these three elements, we’d like to ask you to do three assignments:

1. Compose a letter outlining your experiences relative to the three major responsibilities. (If you did this with your application, no need to do it again.)
2. Read the attached financial profile and answer the following questions
- What questions would you ask to help you better understand the overall financial situation of the organization?
- Based solely on the numbers, what is your financial assessment of the organization?
- What story do the numbers tell?
- What ideas do you have to help this organization succeed financially in the future?
3. Read the attached white paper and prepare five talking points that links our work with the issues presented. Select one of the publications from our website to use for the examples.

We are not seeking brilliance – we want to know how well you write, how well you think and analyze information. The first two assignments should take you less than an hour each. The third may take you an hour or two because you need to read the attached paper; however, hopefully the material in the paper will interest you. (If it doesn’t then the position will probably not interest you either.) Please don’t write a thesis. These are due on Sunday, November 27th (or earlier).

We do promise that anyone who submits these three pieces will receive a telephone interview. And we promise no additional assignments.

If all goes as planned, the timeframe will be:

• Review of “assignments” by Sunday November 27.

• Phone interviews will be scheduled as material is received through Tuesday, November 29th for anyone who submits the assignments

• Round I interviews will be held on Thursday and Friday, December 1st and 2nd for the top 10 candidates

• Round II interviews will be held the week of December 5th for the top 5 candidates.

• An offer will be made the week of December 12th

• Position will start in December or early January.

nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 pm

I am officially burnt out....I have applied for jobs.....Updated my resume daily on the job boards......spoke with the individuals that are listed on the job postings.......Interviewed with temps agencies.......interviewed with employers and still i have NO JOB.......I am so stressed out right now......I can't take anymore......I am sick of all this......All I want is a JOB......

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Yet another dry couple of weeks. Have not heard from the many seasonal/holiday/temp positions that I applied to. Not to sound bigoted or racist but I notice the Spanish don't seem find it hard to find work.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Same here. Drier than the Sahara Desert. Haven't even applied for anything the last few days. Just don't think i'll ever get hired again. That's the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing I think at night.....if I ever get to sleep.

I did hear of another job site for anyone who wants to check it out. I haven't had the energy to troll the listings but I hope to do so by tomorrow to see if it's worth my time and effort. BTW the jobs are all in NYS.

http://www.labor.ny.gov/jobs/regional.shtm

nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:22 am

yes I got a notice in email from Cuomo office about that and forgot about it. I'll give it a go.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Just came back from meeting with a recruiter and I am feeling really down.....He told me that it is my fault that I am unemployed......and that I will never get a job.......He told me that the job listing that I applied to was for an upscale company......and he had the nerve to laugh and scowl at me......needless to say I abruptly ended the interview and left.....I am so upset and cannot understand why the unemployed are treated this way.....I am getting so discouraged.......I really don't think that I will ever find a job again......

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:05 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Just came back from meeting with a recruiter and I am feeling really down.....He told me that it is my fault that I am unemployed......and that I will never get a job.......He told me that the job listing that I applied to was for an upscale company......and he had the nerve to laugh and scowl at me......needless to say I abruptly ended the interview and left.....I am so upset and cannot understand why the unemployed are treated this way.....I am getting so discouraged.......I really don't think that I will ever find a job again......

What we should do, is start taking names and maybe sneaking in a camera and catch these people and posting them on youtube. Companies don't like people who represent them behaving badly. I'm sure he'll get his due.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Keep the faith, I am so sorry you had this awful experience. I really do think you should call and get the name of his superior. I wouldn't take that lying down. It is discrimination. And I agree with Hunter he will get his.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks Everyone......I feel much better today and I know that he will get his......unfortunately he was the director......so I don't know who else I would complain too.....but its ok......karma will come back and bite him in the butt......what goes around comes around.......

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Learn how to use your Cell Phone recording for voice, some have video. Play it on Utube, let them deny it!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Nothing zilch nada not a peep. The silence this week was deafening. You'd think I hadn't applied for any jobs over the last three, yeah count em, three years! Not even rejection emails. I am truly fading away. I'm no one and nothing. I barely exist. Another broke Xmas, scheduled dental surgery that I can't afford or avoid any longer. It's stupid but everyday I wake up hoping this has just been a long nightmare. Alas it isn't.

"Deprived of meaningful work, men and women lose their reason for existence; they go stark, raving mad."
Fyodor Dostoevsky

nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:48 am

I am there too, applied to a couple of jobs and not one replay. Its like the ever dark abyss just swallows the resumes or something. It really sux.
I had a dream, I was given money to have my car inspected. I knew it needed brakes and thats an expensive job, well now for me it is since I have nothing. And I was prepared to take it off the road, inspection was a year over due, drove it at night paranoid I'd get stopped. I was given the money to have the brakes done and car inspected. I pick it up Monday.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:36 am

Hunter, I have an unbelievable tale to tell about an out of inspected car - just like "Misery" - but it's too boring I'm sure for now - well actually not boring, too gripping - I promise you for later!

This is why overseas I never had a car. I still rent, when necessary.

Good luck on your car. Always good to hear from you and the guys!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:57 am

Well I have the car LOL. But no job, no one called, emailed me or anything. Its really really aggravating.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:53 am

Hunter, please PM me with your cell or land line number. Let's talk about this. Friend to friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Thanks Everyone......I feel much better today and I know that he will get his......unfortunately he was the director......so I don't know who else I would complain too.....but its ok......karma will come back and bite him in the butt......what goes around comes around.......

What company does he work for?
Others here may have dealt with him too

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by las44 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Please keep this in mind, I had the worse interview ever the woman was rude and basically told me that I wasnt good enough for the job. I thought when it ended well that was it and I just went to the next job board and started applying for other jobs. Guess what they called for a live interview so never underestimate yourself sometimes you hit a brick wall but it isnt as strong as you think.. Everyone who is looking for a job, nothing is wrong with you ,it is the situation that is bad not you. Just keep the faith something good will happen really soon

las44

Back to top Go down

Post by las44 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Please keep this in mind, I had the worse interview ever the woman was rude and basically told me that I wasnt good enough for the job. I thought when it ended well that was it and I just went to the next job board and started applying for other jobs. Guess what they called for a live interview so never underestimate yourself sometimes you hit a brick wall but it isnt as strong as you think.. Everyone who is looking for a job, nothing is wrong with you ,it is the situation that is bad not you. Just keep the faith something good will happen really soon

las44

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:00 pm

i post give or take about a dozen applications/resumes every week for contact/fulltime what have you jobs...was interviewed last week thought it went well...then got informed friday i was not chosen....

two months ago i thought i really messed up an interview and got the contract (three week) so you just never know.....

what i hate is going in for an interview with a recruiter...(seems like a waste of gas anymore)

the IT field at least seems to do a LOT of phone interviews...i have gotten the best jobs without ever seeing a human being...all web and or phone interviews...

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:59 pm

The help wanted adds are low this past week due probably to the holidays and were jobs I already applied for or weren't really qualified for, like CPAs, Nurses, etc. So I really only sent out one resume. Haven't heard back.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:34 am

Well the only place that contacted me this week was a theatre group who wanted a managing director to work for a year UNPAID and maybe there would be a salary the following year. Uh no thanks.

Then I applied for a job that sent this email. This bad economy gives employed license to ask all sorts of crazy questions that they never asked before.

Scenario 1: You are asked by a client to assess a group of people who are trying to make 100 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The client believes that her organization is working inefficiently. Upon review of the situation, you realize her employees are making sandwiches using one hand and a spoon. Please write a short report for management that explains the issues surrounding the current approach and suggests how to correct the problem.

Scenario 2: You respond to an ad on Craigslist looking for a dog sitter. The owner is going away for a month and needs someone to come to her apartment twice a day to walk and feed the animal. You have the opportunity to meet the dog one time before the owner’s departure and the dog is completely amicable. The owner makes a point of telling you what an adorable, well-behaved dog this is. However, after her departure, you quickly discover that the dog is very, very bad. He chews the arm of the sofa, drags trash out of the garbage can, and seems to leave other unexpected surprises for you each time you visit. You cannot baby-sit the dog 24 hours a day, but you want to make sure the dog is safe and doesn’t destroy your client’s apartment. Please write a short plan that describes how you would assess and handle this problem.

nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:08 pm

And what have those questions have to do with the position you applied for.

I think they're weed out questions. See who answers them or see who considers them stupid and deletes the email.

Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Grrrr...

Post by wornout on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 pm

My gripe is with companies who continuously post help wanted ads and yet they are not really hiring. This has happened to me so much! CVS Pharmacy had ads in two nearby towns for 4 different positions at each location. I applied to all 8 and called the managers at the stores and they informed me that "no, we're not hiring...we just keep ads posted to get new applications". At the time I had dial up internet. Do you know how long it took me to apply to all 8? LOL! There are plenty other companies that are doing the same thing. That's just wrong!

wornout

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieCAF on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm

That is what I keep running up against, these local retail establishments constantly advertise but they are not hiring any meaningful positions. It is bogus.

RookieCAF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top