Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by arbeitslos Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:My interview ended in me not getting the job.

I'm so sorry, Hunter. Hang in there! Sometimes when things seem to be at their worst something almost miraculous happens.

I was at rock-bottom Thursday, in tears and not bothering to look for a job. Then, the temp agency called and said they had a one day assignment for me, if I was interested. Was I ever interested! I must've done okay because they said that they want me back when they get busy in a couple of months. I hope so!

The agency called again and offered me a job for two days a week, with the hours being flexible so I can choose what days to work. That will be good if I get another part-time position. The best part is that it's working with graphics, which is my field. I'm crossing my fingers that I do well and that they expand the hours.

I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and find out it's all just a dream.

arbeitslos
arbeitslos

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 16 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:54 pm

arbeitslos wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:My interview ended in me not getting the job.

I'm so sorry, Hunter. Hang in there! Sometimes when things seem to be at their worst something almost miraculous happens.

I was at rock-bottom Thursday, in tears and not bothering to look for a job. Then, the temp agency called and said they had a one day assignment for me, if I was interested. Was I ever interested! I must've done okay because they said that they want me back when they get busy in a couple of months. I hope so!

The agency called again and offered me a job for two days a week, with the hours being flexible so I can choose what days to work. That will be good if I get another part-time position. The best part is that it's working with graphics, which is my field. I'm crossing my fingers that I do well and that they expand the hours.

I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and find out it's all just a dream.

arbeitslos, great going! My favorite media designer is Hillman Curtis... http://hillmancurtis.com/

He paved the way with early Flash, then went to Adobe who then acquired Macromedia and all their products including Flash. He's written several books on the art of design.

Yes, Hunter, I offer my help if I can in any way do so. I am pretty savvy in job searching, finding the right recruiter, and knowing how to get "in". Please PM me if you would like to discuss this. Won't hurt!

I'd be glad to do what I can.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Applied for another job today. We'll see if anything comes of it. And by anything I mean a rejection email, call back, an interview set etc. We shall see.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Good luck Hunter. Don't lose the faith!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Applied for two jobs this week, a total of three of course I hadn't heard from any of them.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Applied to five jobs this week......had three recruiters call and two interviews......Thank you for the tips that were mentioned here as I have been updating my resume daily on all the job boards and have seen an increase in contacts......Hoping that I land one of these jobs.....

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:11 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Applied to five jobs this week......had three recruiters call and two interviews......Thank you for the tips that were mentioned here as I have been updating my resume daily on all the job boards and have seen an increase in contacts......Hoping that I land one of these jobs.....
34343234 Good luck! It worked for me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:13 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Applied to five jobs this week......had three recruiters call and two interviews......Thank you for the tips that were mentioned here as I have been updating my resume daily on all the job boards and have seen an increase in contacts......Hoping that I land one of these jobs.....

Hi KTF, this is really good news. Much luck to you - and keep posting! If an interview doesn't land a job, just move on without a pause. You're going to get one very soon. Your news sounds very good.

Please keep us posted - if there's anything you think I could help with, please PM me. I'm not an expert but I know "the game"!

Give em just your very best and be relaxed!

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:35 pm

On Friday I get an email asking me if I'd be available Monday(today) at 9 am for an interview, I responded with yes. Its for an over night position in a rehab, though I'm not an addict. Didn't hear anything from them over the weekend so I thought it was a loss. This morning I get a vm from them around 8:45 am that the interview was canceled because the director wouldn't be in and would i call back to reschedule. Red Flag?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm

No red flag, call and reshedule. It's
Not like you have many other options at the moment.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:No red flag, call and reshedule. It's
Not like you have many other options at the moment.

Hunter, JiM is dead on the money. Rescheduling is normal. Please do call, reschedule, get the job, and if not happy look for another one while you are working.

Good luck!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Nothing came of the two jobs I applied for.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Hunter, you are doing yourself a great disservice. You must spend 8 hours a day and submit to a minimum of 10 - 15 jobs a day. You are competing with many others for jobs and so you must max out on your submissions, updating your list of career board EVERY night, and when you find names of recruiters in a job... call them, even if you aren't a match for the particular job.

Yes this is a royal pain in the neck, but this is the only way you will give yourself a good chance of success much sooner.

If you think I might help in any way, please PM me... I'd be glad to correspond with you or even discuss things over a call.

I'm trying to give you a pep talk. We need to see you succeed. I will be so elated when you post that you've hit gold!

The jobs are out there. Things are picking up. Don't give up! Go get them!!! It's a numbers game.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 pm

That was two jobs that responded out of twenty and one rescheduled the interview and when i agreed to it, they have not gotten back to me with a new date and time.
20 jobs a day I apply for and only two responded. Then nothing.

Are you employed X?
And where is NPX or whatever his name is, how is he doing, I know he's been having the same horrible NY job search as I have.

At one time not too long ago, I applied for a job and was interviewed and was either hired or not but I knew within an acceptable time frame, now I'm lucky if they send a rejection letter and sometimes they send the rejection letter a month or two later after I've forgotten about it.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm

hunter it's the same here in NJ. I don't get many responses either. I have tried fact checking before I even take the time to apply, just to make sure they are still actively looking and even that isn't helping me.
Don't get completely disgusted, it's bad for many of us and without a check or the hope of one soon, it get's to all of us. It is at least easing a bit, but we need real growth, that sadly, you and I cannot control, but please don't let it get to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:That was two jobs that responded out of twenty and one rescheduled the interview and when i agreed to it, they have not gotten back to me with a new date and time.
20 jobs a day I apply for and only two responded. Then nothing.

Are you employed X?
And where is NPX or whatever his name is, how is he doing, I know he's been having the same horrible NY job search as I have.

At one time not too long ago, I applied for a job and was interviewed and was either hired or not but I knew within an acceptable time frame, now I'm lucky if they send a rejection letter and sometimes they send the rejection letter a month or two later after I've forgotten about it.

Sorry Hunter, I misunderstood what you had posted. So glad to hear that you are submitting as I hoped for. Am I employed? Not at the moment, but I practice what I preach and will be employed any moment now! My advantage is that without family, I position myself to be able to relocate anywhere - and I've been to several "anywhere" places in my life.

NPX, I don't recollect that name, but if you go to Memberlist and put in n* for the user list - you will see all the members starting with 'n'.

Chins up... better days are coming. This is just our moment to learn and gain the strength that others will never know. Life will open up again and the load will be lifted... just around the bend! I believe that for you.

Thanks Hunter... Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Her screen name is nfpexec.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks not so desperateInRI lol,

Yeah like yesterday I sent out 14 resumes and only heard back from one that was an experiment. It was Aflac rep for commission they're the only one's who respond the fastest.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:59 am

Nfpexec is a she and things have been awful. I've been deeply depressed and even logging in here wasn't going to help. I've become even more isolated. In the last 6 weeks I've had about 4 or 5 interviews, some in person some over the phone. A couple were things I would have been happy to take with good salaries, benefits and job growth. Not ONE has called me back.

I'm so tired, exhausted, depleted and defeated. I see no end to this & everyday I awake I feel like my life is over. I've been taking classes and even that hasn't helped because I am losing touch with everything in life. I feel that I have the double burden of age and long term unemployment. Every time the interviewer asks about that I can feel that coldness take over the room. I even considered relocation because I am desperate and need to live, but still nothing. Had interview on Tuesday, even met another person but they said the 2nd interviews would be next week and I've spent the rest of this week waiting by the phone like a teenage girl on a saturday night. It's so humiliating.

Had to go see dentist and prepare for oral surgery which I can't afford and probably could have avoided if I had a job these last 3 years. Money I need to pay other bills now has to go to the dentist. I'm so hurt & angry. I am running out of emotions at this point. I didn't have the energy to log in and tell my sad pathetic tale. Now the friend who has been so generous and lent $3000 this year alone told me he is having some money issues, so I feel guilty that he's been helping me and I don't know how or when i can pay him back.

I also feel guilty for not camping out down on Wall Street, but the stress has taken a toll on my health and at my age it would be difficult. I'm in solidarity with the cause but haven't slept on NY streets since I wanted concert tix as a teenager, and even then it was tough. I am admitting defeat. I don't know what else to do and I can't bear another holiday season desperate and broke.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 am

nfpexec,

I'm so sorry to read that you are in a real bad way. I was like this also, bottomed out and needing medical treatment which of course was the last thing I needed. However if you are needing oral surgery, that indicates that you have a problem that must be addressed and has to be high priority.

Do you have someone to turn to that will help you with contacting university dental schools?

It sounds like you are very down and worn out. Depression is an unfortunate byproduct of what many of us are or have gone through. I know this provides no real relief but this is indeed the hardest part to conquer. I hope that you, or someone that can do this for you, has sought out every assistance program that might be available to you.

I'm not an authority in this area but I know that when my fellow admins and mods log in, they will provide some advice.

As far as your participation in the rally, there is no way anyone would want to see you amidst the crowds while you are feeling so bad. All you can do is say a pray for everyone concerned - the protestors and the people tasked to protect everyone concerned. I think they all would appreciate and need your prayer.

Do not feel guilty with borrowing money. You must reach help for everything you need. The last few years have been very rough for me as well, and I owe in the 5 figures. People who lend you money do this for a reason. Perhaps you could do something for your friend, not in the way of $ right now, but in providing mutual support and helping them in any areas that you can identify and do.

Please use this Forum as a Q&A - this is what it's all about, without violating your privacy but just plain asking "what do I do - in this or that area".

We have a great group of members here and additionally the moderators/administrators of this good Forum are here to provide support. Please keep us abreast of your situation, as much as you can.

Please also PM me, or any of the ADMODS as I like to refer to us collectively, for anything you need assistance with - we'll try our darnedest to help you through this hurdle.

Stay strong, keep the faith, and please reach out to us when you can.

God bless,
Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

nfpexec wrote:Nfpexec is a she and things have been awful. I've been deeply depressed and even logging in here wasn't going to help. I've become even more isolated. In the last 6 weeks I've had about 4 or 5 interviews, some in person some over the phone. A couple were things I would have been happy to take with good salaries, benefits and job growth. Not ONE has called me back. .......

I too know how that feels. I see people making plans for vacations, holidays or whether they should get an Ipad or Android tablet. And complaining about work. While I sit here every day looking for jobs and hoping someone hires me but like you its been dead.
I saw on the news last night how they're mocking occupy wallstreet because there seems to be many causes there and no one is offering a solution. I never thought in a million years I'd be destitute.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Hunter, you really know how to hit the nail on the head - or in other words portray what most of us have endured.

nfpexec, I'm a bachelor boy and hence my little "domain" lives up to the reputation - I'm trying to muster up the energy to clean it but I just want to crawl in back to bed this morning, again! I've been thinking of your situation as I've tried to push myself.

I have always loved music. But since going through such a terrible period as I have, somewhere along the line I stopped listening to songs. And as I contemplated cleaning my abode, I was thinking of you - and it struck me that I haven't played much music "in my room" as a result of what Hunter has pointed out - life doesn't feel right for us right now and people contemplating expensive toys and such sure don't help.

So courtesy of you, I'm going to play some music while I work today. Thank you very much for reminding me of what I lost.

But we need to bring a little music your way in the form of support and advice if we can do so.

Thanks nfpexec and Hunter!

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:38 pm

I've fought off the blues through exercise. I ride my bicycle up to a local park about 3 miles away, read for about an hour, and come back, every other day. On the days I don't, I work out with weights. Having the routine helps me stay sane. I also haunt the FARK.com forums and blast trolls no . A bit of righteous indignation keeps a bit of the sad away.

The want ads have just been non existent, lately. Of the less than a dozen ads, half are to sell/deliver the paper! I applied to a grocery on my folks advice, but since they use Kronos to personality test, I have slim to no chance and slim just left town.
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:59 pm

nfpexec. I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way, I think yo will find that you are not alone in this at all. We all, at one time or another bottom out. I wish for all our members we had a magic word or pill that could make it not so. It's not much consolation to hear we all feel this way, but I don't want you to think you are alone for a minute. Sometimes I really feel like I am going to jump out of my own skin. I agree with kulkulkan, I exercise. I actually force myself to, no matter what, I has helped tremendously. If it gets to me too much, I tune out the news and if I feel I can't contribute, I walk away from here as well for a time. You have to.

As far as the ows, there are lots of things you can do, on your own, at your pace and your level of comfortability. I am helping them online. I did march for the jobs rally, as that is my most important need at the moment. I have worked the food service when needed, but I too, don't feel safe spending the night. I don't feel guilty about it either.
Almost everyone feels the anxiety over the interviews, and I have to say, I am happy for you that your are getting face to face with some interviews. I have had two scam interviews this year, that's it. One was AFLAC and one was Farmers Ins. Both were happy to have me work full time, on commission only, and then lend me money, once licensed to start my own agency, minimum loan $15,000. ha!

Pollyanna that I am I still believe we will be all employed again, at livable wages, I just hope it's soon and not due to a revolution where people are hurt. The good news out of this occupation of many cities is the banks are nervous and it seems, Congress is as well. Media is giving much more coverage and everyone is talking about the lack of Republican ownership of the unemployment rate and getting it fixed.

I am glad you posted and told us how you feel. You need your friends right now, even if we can't come share a cup of tea or glass of wine, we can do it on the forum, or if you are more comfortable, pm us. Don't do this alone, we are all here and we need you right now too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Another dry week again this past week.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next