Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
E-Verify or Deny your Business EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

E-Verify or Deny your Business

2 posters

Go down

E-Verify or Deny your Business Empty E-Verify or Deny your Business

Post by USA Citizen Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:47 pm

E-Verify or Deny your Business

How can unemployed Americans send a message to employers that it is important to hire workers who are legally in the United States?

The answer is to simply deny your business to companies that hire undocumented workers that haven't been verified through the E-Verify process.

How many businesses have you seen with signs that state that they use the E-verify process to check the legal status of their workers? I went into a Wendy's hamburger restaurant and saw a E-Verify sign displayed by the door along with a "Now Hiring" sign. Other restaurants that I go to do not display any mention of E-Verify next to their "Now Hiring" signs. I wonder if asking the manager if they used E-Verify in the employee selection process would help us determine if such businesses were in compliance with U.S. law in regard to employment?

I notice that in many of the "fast food" restaurants it is impossible for me to understand what the employees are saying and at the danger of nationality profiling I wonder what percentage of those employees have the right to work. These may be low-paying jobs, but considering that teenage and young adult American citizens are having trouble getting these jobs I wonder what allowing this situation to continue is doing to the wages of all American citizens. If wages are kept artifically low because of the abundance of low paid undocumented and unverified workers, then stopping this might help raise the wages of American citizens. Otherwise those unemployed citizens must rely on charity, state and federal benefits to survive.

Can we as unemployed American make a difference by choosing to spend what little money we have at businesses that proudly proclaim that they use E-Verify to determine if their employees actually have the right to work in the U.S.? I believe that we can make a difference and bring millions of jobs back to Americans. Although there are some politicians that say that this is not a problem and that only the worst offenders should deported, not taking action on this issue errodes the American Dream.

E-Verify or Deny your business.
USA Citizen

USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

E-Verify or Deny your Business Empty Re: E-Verify or Deny your Business

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for bringing this topic up. It is an ongoing issue and you nailed it on the head about the teenage/ young Americans not able to get these jobs.
Americans first.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum