Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Job Search Assistance Appointment EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Job Search Assistance Appointment

2 posters

Go down

Job Search Assistance Appointment Empty Job Search Assistance Appointment

Post by marymc Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 am

So I got a letter in the mail, and I have an appointment tomorrow for 'Job Search Assistance' with EDD. Anyone ever been to one? Just want an idea of what to expect.

I have to fill out a Work Search Record for the past 2 weeks, but it's kinda spotty. LOL. And I hate that I need so much detail. To be honest, I've had a lot of success with jobs on craigslist (yeah, I know, lots to weed through), and you don't always get company name and address. Lame.

marymc

Back to top Go down

Job Search Assistance Appointment Empty Re: Job Search Assistance Appointment

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am

Honestly, the one my husband went to wasnt much help at all. I am not sure how other states or counties are but the one in our area was pointless, except for the fact that they have a website which contained well updated job listings in our area. They call it the "Hot jobs list". We just filled out a bunch of paperwork and that was it.

I would buy a little notebook and jot down every job you apply for, address and all. My husband has a notebook full of jobs he applied for. It just contains the date he applied, the name of the place he applied and the job he applied for. Its impossible to list names of people because 90% of the time its done online and never get to talk to anyone. I wouldn't worry about the names of hiring managers, just try to keep good record of where you have been and the dates. If you have an interview jot down the interviewers name. As far as the craigslist listings, just be sure to tell EDD. they must know by know how it works.

Good luck, hope this helped a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

When I attended in my state, they were overwhelmed with people, not enough case workers/job counselors to assist you. All they really wanted was to make sure that if you got a job to let them know so that they would get the credit, it didn't have to be a referral from them, they needed the funding so they told every one to please let them know. I took several tests, and that was about it, anything else from them was through the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Those truely are a waste of time. The counselors are not trained or just don't care, they don't seem to have any knowledge, it was like a tech support person reading from a script.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 am

We'll see what happens this week. I'm sure here in RI the Job Counselor's case loads are overflowing, but as it stands, it seem like the best way of finding employment right now. The unemployment rate has gone up again, we are number 2 in the country at 11%. The WIA money that is left might just help with enough training to get me back in the workforce. At this point, I encourage everyone to give it a shot....you have nothing to lose.

My good friend and I are scheduled to start in one of these programs this week.........please wish us luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 am

Wait, I thought you had a job?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down