» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Santorum supporters tell Occupy protesters at rally: 'Get a job'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Santorum supporters tell Occupy protesters at rally: 'Get a job'

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm

The protesters energized supporters to rally around the former Pennsylvania senator. At one point, nearly the entire crowd pointed at the protesters, chanting "Get a job." But Santorum quelled the crowd, using it as an opportunity to dig at President Obama.

"You realize that there is a group in society that is being left behind. There's a group, about one in three Americans don't graduate from high school, and almost all of them, over three quarters of them, will end up in poverty at some point in time in this country," said Santorum. "We've got to provide an opportunity for them, instead of standing here unemployed yelling at somebody, to go out and get a job and work for a living."
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/14/10402152-santorum-supporters-tell-occupy-protesters-at-rally-get-a-job

Back to top Go down

Re: Santorum supporters tell Occupy protesters at rally: 'Get a job'

Post by elvis44102 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:34 pm

absolutly clueless, or pandering to clueless voters....

Clown College Alumni..

elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Take it a Pennsylvanian, Santorum is not good for working class Americans!!! Born with a silver-spoon from rich Pittsburgh surburb!

sportsnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 am

sportsnut wrote:Take it a Pennsylvanian, Santorum is not good for working class Americans!!! Born with a silver-spoon from rich Pittsburgh surburb!

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA (Monroeville) so I'll try to excuse the "rich Pittsburgh" comment referencing a very poor steel town that turned itself around and doesn't deserve this comment AT ALL!

Please don't strap individuals and their stupidity with cities - especially mine - or states, please.

Last edited by X on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 am

sportsnut wrote:Take it a Pennsylvanian, Santorum is not good for working class Americans!!! Born with a silver-spoon from rich Pittsburgh surburb!

There is nothing wrong with being rich, and further calling somebody scum for being successful is wrong.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:46 am

Sanctimonious Santorum is not electable, so all this crap is, is a clown circus.

Clueless SS, Clueless CEO "I like to fire people" Mittens Romney and clueless Gingrich....glad I'm not GOTP...

503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 am

tristen303 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with being rich, and further calling somebody scum for being successful is wrong.

I agree - but right or wrong Pittsburgh has no relevance to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:29 am

X wrote:

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA (Monroeville) so I'll try to excuse the "rich Pittsburgh" comment referencing a very poor steel town that turned itself around and doesn't deserve this comment AT ALL!

Please don't strap individuals and their stupidity with cities - especially mine - or states, please.
I'm sorry you took it that way! I love the city of Pittsburgh and wasn't ripping the city at all! I was angry at Santorum's statement! He just happens to be from a rich family from Mt Lebbenon and is out of touch with the average American! Didn't mean it that way at all! Sorry!

sportsnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am

sportsnut wrote:
X wrote:

I'm sorry you took it that way! I love the city of Pittsburgh and wasn't ripping the city at all! I was angry at Santorum's statement! He just happens to be from a rich family from Mt Lebbenon and is out of touch with the average American! Didn't mean it that way at all! Sorry!

Thanks! I know the area and I have to laugh that I guessed it before you confirmed it.

No harm. Love Pittsburgh. Thank you for saying what you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top