Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits

3 posters

Go down

Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits Empty Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits

Post by ExhaustedinCA Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 am

Well this certainly doesn't help our cause, as well as anyone else on UI. This is just proof it's not only the GOP we need to worry about... Sad

A top ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives on Tuesday defended his party's support for cutting 20 weeks of unemployment benefits, a position that has escaped much notice in the payroll tax cut debate consuming Washington.

Democrats want the House to pass a Senate bill that would postpone the January expiration of federal unemployment programs for two months. But even if it is reauthorized, one of those programs will automatically phase out next year, unless Congress changes federal law to allow states to keep it, a provision not included in the Senate bill.

"There are things in this bill as we pointed out that we had to make concessions on," House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Thursday in response to a question from HuffPost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/unemployment-benefits_n_1165459.html
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits Empty Re: Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits

Post by wausauguy Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Merry Christmas exhaustedinCA. I know some people will question why this article is being shared, but I think it is important and I am so glad you shared this. The reality is the issues are not just with the GOP. The way long-term unemployed well trained workers with proven work histories are being ingnored should be a crime.

I hope we all have a much better 2012.

Take Care and Merry Christmas everyone...

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits Empty Re: Democrats Defend Cutting Unemployment Benefits

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:58 am

This is what it says on the EDD website for CA~

"It also extends the filing and payment dates for those who are currently collecting benefits on the separate extension known as the FED-ED here in California. The maximum total weeks of benefits claimants may qualify for remains up to 99 weeks."

The filing date for this is March 4 2012 or before...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:50 pm

wausauguy wrote:Merry Christmas exhaustedinCA. I know some people will question why this article is being shared, but I think it is important and I am so glad you shared this. The reality is the issues are not just with the GOP. The way long-term unemployed well trained workers with proven work histories are being ingnored should be a crime.

I hope we all have a much better 2012.

Take Care and Merry Christmas everyone...

Thank you & Merry Christmas to you as well Wausauguy,

I felt it was important to share and I appreciate that you share the same view. It's important for all of us unemployed to know that it is not just one party we are battling. It makes me think a lot about HR589 and the fact that the bill has 89 co-sponsors all of which are Democrats but yet only one voice (Barbara Lee) is speaking up. My belief is if you feel strongly enough to add your name to a bill then you must support it so if that is the case then why are we not hearing those other 89 advocating for it on the House floor Question

And please don't even get me started on the Senate...
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down