Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Why family doesnt help sometimes EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Why family doesnt help sometimes

3 posters

Go down

Why family doesnt help sometimes Empty Why family doesnt help sometimes

Post by las44 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Ive been unemployed for 1 year and 1/2 lately Ive reconnected with my older sister and it has been a nightmare. She has a toxic relationship with her son who spends the majority of her time stealing from her which means she is constantly broke. He recently went into her checking account and cleared her out which means I get tearful phone calls at 12 midnight telling me she has no money. She knows I have some saving so she is always asking to borrow money to hold her over until her next paycheck(yes she has a full time job and a part time one).Apparently this relationship has been going on for years and she is constantly letting him into her life so she has no peace yes she is seeing someone on a weekly basis but it does no good. I cant take it anymore since he spents quite a bit of time complaining about me to her and Ive been told that I want her to choose b/t her son and me. No contest he wins I have enough problems worrying about how am I going to survive next month without her needless drama of this sick relationship. I was looking for support but instead Im supporting her and dealing with her issue.

las44

Back to top Go down

Why family doesnt help sometimes Empty Re: Why family doesnt help sometimes

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Im so sorry for what you are going through, las44. You are very kind helping your sister out when you yourself are hurting. This might sound cold but you need to do what is best for you! You are unemployed and having a savings is a blessing. IMHO, I would put a stop to giving her anymore money. You will be helping her by NOT giving it to her. At this point, all its doing is enabling the toxic relationship.

I have a similar situation with my inlaws. My sis in law is constantly taking from mom in law and we are the ones that suffered for it. we finally stopped bailing her out. My husband has been out of work for 3 yrs and Im only working part time so there is no way we could let it continue. It was hard to do because we all live together, but not impossible!

Is her son an adult? I honestly think you should tell her to stop enabling him. She is letting him get a way with it because she knows you will bail her out. She may not ever stop, but at least you know you tried.

Take care of yourself first. You have a good reason to tell her no more money!

I hope this helps, Good luck and god bless!

Im sorry if I sound kind of harsh about this but Ive been through it myself and you will be the one to get hurt in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by las44 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:24 pm

thanks youre not being harsh youre being more helpful than my family has ever been Thanks again and God bless

las44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 pm

So many disfunctional family issues everywhere, wonder what this economic mess is also adding to all of these issues. When your unemployed you have to think of yourself and your family, but it's hard to turn away brothers and sisters, espcially; the ones who get along with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

las44 wrote:thanks youre not being harsh youre being more helpful than my family has ever been Thanks again and God bless

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Im glad you started this topic. I think we can all relate in one way or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

las44
I am so sorry that you have to deal with that from your own family. I am so sorry that you are have to deal with these issues when being unemployed is hard in itself. But, please know you are talking to the right people.

Glad that you took the time to share. Take good care of yourself.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm

I have been a drug and alcohol counselor in my previous jobs...this is way more common than you would think..
I am guesing substance abuse problem here. AL-anon for the co-dependant mom and throw the son out...(as long as he wont freeze to death)
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down