Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress!

2 posters

Go down

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! Empty URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Unemployedworkers.org is asking us to send them our stories. The stories will be submitted to congress. Below is a copy of the email I received from them.

PLEASE, everyone send their story. I know it gets tiring telling it over and over and over again, but one of these times it just might work. We need all the help we can get. Congress needs to hear them over and over and over until it sinks in.

Are you unemployed? If you answered "Yes" -- we need your help right now. We need you to raise your voice and tell us your story.

The real stories of unemployed workers are a powerful tool in the campaign that's quickly ramping up to get Congress to renew federal unemployment insurance through 2012, and take additional steps to avert layoffs, create good jobs, end discriminatory job market practices that exclude the unemployed, and get real help to long-term unemployed workers including those who have exhausted unemployment benefits.

We'll be taking your stories to the halls of Congress and to the media, as well as posting some stories on our website and sharing through social media. Your stories can help make a difference -- for you and millions like you!

There are three specific kinds of stories we need right now:

1. If you were laid off in the last year -- in 2011 or late 2010 -- and are currently receiving unemployment insurance, click here to tell your story.
http://www.nelp.org/page/s/2011-layoff-ui-renewal-stories
We most urgently need these stories from workers who could be cut-off of unemployment insurance if Congress fails to renew the federal extensions. These crucial stories will help strengthen support in Congress to renew the federal unemployment insurance programs for 2012.

2. If you are among the more than 4 million Americans who have been unemployed for a year or longer, or if you have exhausted available unemployment benefits, click here to tell your long-term unemployment story.
http://www.nelp.org/page/s/long-term-unemployed-and-ui-exhaustee-stories

3. If you are an unemployed job-seeker who has been told that you would not be considered for a job simply because you are unemployed, and have personally experienced this specific form of job market discrimination, click here to tell your unemployed discrimination story.
http://www.nelp.org/page/s/Unemployed_Discrimination_Experience

With your help, we hope to bring as many stories as we can to the halls of Congress this month and next. But please, don't delay -- send us your story today! And if you haven't already done so, please sign the Petition to Congress to Renew Federal Unemployment Insurance Now!

Many thanks.

The UnemployedWorkers.Org Team

Mitchell, Chris, Maurice, Judy, Christine, Rebecca, Mike, Rick, George, Claire and Norman

www.Unemployedworkers.org

Please participate. We cant stress enough how important it is to tell your story every chance you get. Unfortunately, benefits are about to expire and 99ers will not get help unless we keep at it.

We need to show them that we will NOT go away and have not given up!

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! 34243 URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! 562135 capitil hill

Back to top Go down

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! Empty Re: URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress!

Post by Sammy Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 pm

I sent my story yesterday.....I'm not a 99'er yet, but I will be in March if nothing gets done or I don't get a gig by then. Send your stories PLEASE!!
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! Empty Re: URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Sammy wrote:I sent my story yesterday.....I'm not a 99'er yet, but I will be in March if nothing gets done or I don't get a gig by then. Send your stories PLEASE!!

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Thank you Sammy. I sent mine and sent the 99ers letter as well.

Hoping all members will do the same. I also tweeted it to Rep. Levin.

Back to top Go down

Post by jculp49 Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 am

MaryKay wrote:Thank you Sammy. I sent mine and sent the 99ers letter as well. I sent in my story,plus signed petition.

Hoping all members will do the same. I also tweeted it to Rep. Levin.
jculp49
jculp49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 am

Good Morning friends. Off to Dad's.

We have had many additional requests for stories. The topics are scrolling to the left.

In addition, please read the topic on Barbara Lee and HR589. She needs a thank you and a tweet. Please send the 99ers letter to:
@RepBarbaraLee.

While you are at it, on the complete list of contacts, the last two pages have the listing of the Super Committee, Democrats Refusing to Support the American Jobs Act and Republican Who Didn't Sign the Grover Norquist Pledge. When I return tomorrow, that's who I am targeting specifically.

Two more things on the to do list:

All members of CBC and Progressive Caucus. The complete list shows Party, Committees etc. It's easy to pick them out. Keith Ellison and Raul Grijalva, Progressive Caucus.

As always, the President and Vice President need to get the letter too.
@BarackObama @VP.

I know I am asking alot, but it's less time consuming than all 20 pages and I need help. I cannot do this alone and I've said many times, one voice won't get noticed nearly as well as many.

It's our fight to win or lose. I will be back and ready to "go to the mattress" tomorrow. I cannot be here today. Hope you understand and can help me out.

Much love to all.

mk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm surprised that a member of Congress hasn't hired MaryKay as an assistant.......I would hire her in a heartbeat...She would GET THINGS DONE!!! You're awesome, Mary.....................I will do my part...
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Sammy wrote:I'm surprised that a member of Congress hasn't hired MaryKay as an assistant.......I would hire her in a heartbeat...She would GET THINGS DONE!!! You're awesome, Mary.....................I will do my part...
Thanks MaryKay, and you too, Sammy! I think people are more preoccupied with Occupy than with what is going on in Congress. You'd make a pretty good assistant too!

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! 1362819209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 pm

tiya wrote:
Sammy wrote:I'm surprised that a member of Congress hasn't hired MaryKay as an assistant.......I would hire her in a heartbeat...She would GET THINGS DONE!!! You're awesome, Mary.....................I will do my part...
Thanks MaryKay, and you too, Sammy! I think people are more preoccupied with Occupy than with what is going on in Congress. You'd make a pretty good assistant too, Sammy!

URGENT: NELP/Unemployedworkers.org Need stories from the unemployed to submit to congress! 1362819209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down