» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Extension: House Democrats Introduce Bill To Preserve Benefits Through Next Year

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unemployment Extension: House Democrats Introduce Bill To Preserve Benefits Through Next Year

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/unemployment-extension-democrats-benefits-bill_n_1072176.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=507904,b=facebook

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: Unemployment Extension: House Democrats Introduce Bill To Preserve Benefits Through Next Year

Post by jculp49 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks MaryKay, for all the help and work you are doing for all of us. I have emailed the President,signed petitions, but I very much doubt they are going to help the people that are in the same boat as me! To tell you the truth I'm scared as hell!!!!

jculp49

Back to top Go down

Re: Unemployment Extension: House Democrats Introduce Bill To Preserve Benefits Through Next Year

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Don't lose faith. It's been a long haul, over a year and a half for me and many others, but we are getting attention all over now, so it will be hard for them to ignore us altogether. They will have to say no, they just can't ignore us anymore. Saying no isn't really popular for them to do right now, with the backlash against Banks, Wall Street, Congress and no jobs bill, so we shall see. I am keeping a good thought. Will keep you in my prayers as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Tweeted and emailed Ways and Means and Subcommittee on Human Resources. I would love the retweets. Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Any idea when they will vote on the extensions? Scary times!!!

Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Schedule as of today doesn't reflect any timetable. It has to be debated (hold on to your hats, we've seen this before).

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I keep sending emails to congress members... I don't care if they think that I'm a pest! I'm a teacher who has given her life to young children and now could lose my home if they don't help me...

Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

They will sign the bill, at the last moment, as they ALWAYS do!!

The scary part, is when you become a 99er, as I did in June '10

Then hindsite is 20/20 = wish I would have saved all those house payments = then I would have the cash now for a cheap mobile home, travel trailer to park somewhere.

As it is, I don't know when boa will knock = for then I will be homeless.

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Just also got some AFL-CIO email about petition to sign however as pointed out elsewhere, while in support, petition is far to late in the doing, and furthermore will NOT be getting my signature at this point being that the lack of team approach is being used, with neglecting the exhaustees, 99ers etc.. so sorry to say but that union is a joke, been outdated for year and half now as for being under their own political agenda and misinformed and not up to par.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 pm

mj33 wrote:Just also got some AFL-CIO email about petition to sign however as pointed out elsewhere, while in support, petition is far to late in the doing, and furthermore will NOT be getting my signature at this point being that the lack of team approach is being used, with neglecting the exhaustees, 99ers etc.. so sorry to say but that union is a joke, been outdated for year and half now as for being under their own political agenda and misinformed and not up to par.

Got the same email; & at this point, I ignore them also:

Gone is the "team" approach, that we are all in this together; as till the whole economy crashes, ALL without jobs, all 99'ers = just seems we are on our own lonely island = floating/drifting ALONE = voiceless in our poverty!

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm

yes, they just follow a certain lead and copy what needs to be done for most part, nothing really new etc.. and agendas seem be at forefront as is just reporting different varying news articles and posting on site for then trying to apply some cause etc... And, furthermore, they ignored several of our emails about exhaustees in months past, and never responded so that tells me right there a joke , not team oriented , not in the true battlefield, sorry but is what it is.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm

mj33 wrote:yes, they just follow a certain lead and copy what needs to be done for most part, nothing really new etc.. and agendas seem be at forefront as is just reporting different varying news articles and posting on site for then trying to apply some cause etc... And, furthermore, they ignored several of our emails about exhaustees in months past, and never responded so that tells me right there a joke , not team oriented , not in the true battlefield, sorry but is what it is.

Well, They've BEEN ignoring us, now, for YEARS!!

Emails, Faxes, Shoe campaign, ect ect ect

& responses = Canned responses!! The Bla Bla Script email ....

& any mention, it is = continue benefits, about the numbers who will be without, for xmas, ect ect ect
Never any mention of the ONES without for Years!!

(o, when they mention the ones without for years, it is to say catch phrases like = Lazey, don't want to work, bla bla bla
they want us all to fall in line for slave wages & if we can't get that, well, lazey!

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 am

49 million people on food stamp (SNAP) program, just reported on news tonight as I speak, so actually went up a million since past month or two, sadly enough.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:55 am

I saw somewhere that this bill only effects 6000 people? Everyone else has already lost their benefits? Seems like a large number. I do know that more people have exhausted benefits than are actually receiving them

lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 am

When we look back on 2008 the job purging started early May and continued heavily until 2009. Anyone who lost their job in 2008 is already a 99er, now those who were let go in 2009 are starting to become 99ers or already have. The biggest problem is, state by state, once you have exhausted, you are no longer counted. We are what is referred to a discouraged and no longer looking. There are no real numbers for support those who are not working and no longer eligible for benefits. It's been a problem since day one.

Of course the numbers of TANF and SNAP or whatever they call the programs in individual states. This is the only lifeline for many.

And, sadly, the conversation has moved away from JOBS.

I intend to keep at this for the 99ers and all the unemployed untill the games stop. Hoping enough of you can still join me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 am

Just so our members who will be caught up in this mess once again don't think I am working for the 99ers only, I have also been tweeting for the payroll extension and unemployment benefits extension as well.

We are all in this mess together. Hoping this week will bring some good news for "all" the unemployed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top