Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question

Go down

not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question Empty not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question

Post by oldschool Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

Hi, I sold my 1/2 of a small business back in 2002. I have been trying to make it on my own using my savings and doing consulting work. My money has finally ran out.

Background - my business was in Wisconsin and I moved to Florida (still here and sorry for posting in a west-coast forum but could find nothing similar in WI or FL)

Question, since I did not get fired and I did not quit (I am no longer a stock holder or owner though in the business) - am I eligible for unemployment benefits? Do I file in WI? FL? I have never been on any type of assistance - is there just unemployment benefits I can claim or others too?

Thank you and if this is not in the correct category perhaps a moderator can move it.

Finally out of luck ...

oldschool

Back to top Go down

not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question Empty Re: not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:12 am

Old School, sorry for your troubles. I would start in WI, where your business was. This is tricky, as self employed people usually don't get any form of assistance in certain states. I would start there, call the UC service center and ask about assistance for former business owners. That's the best I can help you with. Unfortunately, we are here to help when and if we can, but to give you any information without having all the specifics could do more harm than good. Ultimately, the answers have to come from the States. Florida is a really tought state with new laws enacted, I am not sure they would be of much help since your business and your bulk of employment were not in FL.

Please let us know how you make out. Thanks for posting, I know you feel you are out of luck, as do most of our members, but, we are all here, so vent away and share your experiences. Sometimes that alone goes a long way to helping you feel better. Sorry not to have any concrete answers for you.

Back to top Go down

not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question Empty Re: not sure where to post - not a typical benefit question

Post by oldschool Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 am

Thank you. I'll start in WI

OS

oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down