Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info

3 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info Empty IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info

Post by MoInSTL Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:30 pm

*Anyone" filing for help with heating bills through LIHEAP, get the forms and get in and stand in line before they open tomorrow on 11/1. The funds will go fast! Take ID, proof of income, utility bill, etc. Last year I stood in line outside for several hours since I didn't know to get there extra early. I was lucky the funds had not run out yet. This year the funding has been cut. Find out where the office is as LIHEAP provides the funding to key agencies that process the applications. Call 211 today to find out where to go tomorrow and try to verify the info they give you so you are certain where to go

This year the funds have been cut so it’s imperative you get there before they open since when the funds are gone, that’s pretty much it for LIHEAP.

From my local gas company. "Final 2011 appropriations have reduced LIHEAP funding by 20 percent to $4,500,652,656. Proposed cuts for 2012 will eliminate an additional 30 percent of the current funding for LIHEAP; which could affect more than 3 million households – or almost 9 million people". http://www.lacledegas.com/customer/assistance/heating/ There are links to contact congress on stopping the funding cuts.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info Empty Re: IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info

Post by Sammy Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:42 pm

I went in to HEAP here in Sacramento last week and got my bill payed off in full and now have a credit on my acct. It took forever to get thru and make an appt., but it was worth it.

As MoInSTL said..." Take ID, proof of income, utility bill, etc."

Every little bit helps in these tough times
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info Empty Re: IMPORTANT! LIHEAP (low income heating assitance) Info

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:27 pm

Friends! A big holler out to you... some good advice from MoInSTL and Sammy!

Thanks MoInSTL and Sammy, this good sharing is what we're all about!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 pm

If you want immediate assistance(in my case) wait until you get a disconnect notice...my timing was perfect as I got the 48 Hr. notice a day before the appt. The key here is that I got a verbal over the phone and pre-approval as long as I was telling the truth and brought in all the items(UI pay stubs, Disconnect notice, and Valid ID) as stated above.

It may be different from state to state or city to city, but this is how it works in SacTown. They payed my bill electronically on the spot. If you don't have a disconnect notice and just a bill, it could take up to 6 weeks to get the credit. Try to time it, like I did.....and make sure you get some sort of pre-approval over the phone before getting a disconnect notice.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Sammy, here in STL one has to apply for LIHEAP beforehand. I don't suggest waiting to apply for assistance until you have a disconnection notice as any further funds will not be available. Can't do it by phone here, only in person. I'm glad the timing worked out for you, but for help with heating bills later, folks need to check what steps to take in their city/state, as here it means getting there early and standing in line. The application process determines that if you do have a disconnect notice that you qualify to get it paid and funds later.

If you are a 99er, take along your recent food stamp award letter.

The same agency here that handles heating assistance also has limited funds for water bills. For that, you have to have a disconnect notice.

My suggestion is to check what is available as every little bit helps.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Good info, MoInSTL.....like I said, it varies from state to state........I called for what seemed like an eternity and finally my call was answered and got an appt. a week later in person......walked in, signed the sign up sheet..met with a rep., filled out some forms, provided my info., and was out in 20 minutes with my bill paid in full.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Here in Colorado Leap start 11/1 and you must fill out app to obtain Leap. I recevied the app in the mail from my human services office I mailed my in before 11/1. However I don't know how many will be receiving Leap here due to cut backs. Way to many cutbacks, no jobs, this is a bunch of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum