» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

SAN DIEGO OWS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAN DIEGO OWS

Post by mistermunster on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 am

SAN DIEGO OWS RAIDED at 2am this morning. 51 arrests. They have regrouped with local unions at 8pm tonight PST to stand their ground. This has gotten much bigger here

Occupy San Diego Live Feed!!

http://www.livestream.com/occupysandiegolivefeed

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupysandiego#utm_campaign

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Re: SAN DIEGO OWS

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 am

What is your perspective on the Occupy movement Munster? Does it have a chance to make a difference?

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 am

I think so. Every day more people join the ranks. The more cop beat downs the better for the movement. OWSSD was small. Now that the cops came in with a beatdown. Their are 600-1000 people marching downtown now. Lawyers groups, unions and vets showed up tonight. As the demographic on the vids showed kids, middle age and older folks. lots of them. So it's NOT a bunch of DIRTY hippies AS the rightwing would have you believe. First Blood was drawn in Oakland...that has pissed people OFF even more

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 am

Sorry ass cops arrested a number of people. First they said YOU can't put up tents or you'll get busted. Now as the march was going on the stragglers who stopped, laid down were busted. Cops are NOW saying that if you sit on your cardboard sign, or blanket etc...YOU have erected a STRUCTURE and are in violation of city ordnance and will be arrested. ONLY OWS people....City homeless are able to use these things but NOT OWS folks BECAUSE they are TROUBLEMAKERS. If that's NOT fascism I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 am

Now at 2:24 am PST. Police presence has increased, Like thieves in the night they are looking for those who fall asleep. You sleep you get arrested. The Labor Union and Nurses union who are there are helping keep the peace. but tensions are sill high. Welcome to fascist America people. Police doing the 1%'s dirty work. Even local media has downplayed the situation and it was BIG. like 1000 people by all accounts.

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 am

I think you're right, mister--everytime they try to use heavy-handed tactics on the protesters, it just makes more people join our side. It did when they pepper-sprayed those young women in NYC, and in every case since. When are they gonna learn that the slogan "the whole world is watching" has finally become literally true?

JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree with mistermunster and Joan. Everyone is watching. They may down play it in San Diego, but they showed it here on local ABC this morning. I also agree with Joan, the whole world is watching. Every morning before I log on, I scour the shows to see what's coming up and if it's news that would help here on the forum, for the last week, every hour, every host, OWS, what states, what happened, people are angry and they want it know. Unemployment remains our biggest problem and no on in DC gets it right now, that's what they are all saying. I think everyone is watching. Sad that it has to get violent on behalf of the police. Occupyphilly is still very peaceful. mistermunster, please be careful. We all appreciate you being there, but we value you and put your safety above all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 am

Occupy Providence has sent out a call for help, and despite the snow, many have responded and gone to Burnside Park. They are being evicted at 2:00 pm today and have pledged to stay.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens. The mayor of Providence, as well as police officers marched to City Hall with protestors, in unity, 3 or 4 days ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm too far away to help DiRI, but I'll be watching. We've also been worried about this early cold snap and are talking about making a run to Costco to get some sterno, coffee and Hotties to drop off to our folks here. Both of us have too many medical issues to be out there with them, but at least we can chip in with some "comfort" supplies.

Hey, can I ask a stoooooooopid question? What's up with the Silence of the Lambs-lookin' moths showing up in yours and Jeff's avatars? It's prolly something everyone else knows about but me.

JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:40 pm

JoanB wrote:I'm too far away to help DiRI, but I'll be watching. We've also been worried about this early cold snap and are talking about making a run to Costco to get some sterno, coffee and Hotties to drop off to our folks here. Both of us have too many medical issues to be out there with them, but at least we can chip in with some "comfort" supplies.

Hey, can I ask a stoooooooopid question? What's up with the Silence of the Lambs-lookin' moths showing up in yours and Jeff's avatars? It's prolly something everyone else knows about but me.
It is Halloween, Joan, even though it may look like Christmas outside! You are very observant - the only one who noticed!

Now I have a stupid question. If the mayor and police officers are in agreement with the occupiers, who is calling for the eviction?? It will be interesting today.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:27 pm

http://www.facebook.com/edschultzshow#!/photo.php?fbid=311311162218577&set=o.31709165325&type=1&theater

Cop kills a dog at one of the occupies MAD

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Being a dog owner myself (a beautiful collie), I am heartbroken by this previous story. This cop is totally out of control. He needs to be brought up on charges (i.e. cruelty to animals), and if found guilty, thrown off the force and forced to do community service, like cleaning up after dogs. The steroids must have done something to his brain.

jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

A very sad and tragic story but it had nothing to do with the Occupy movement, it happened in DC over a year ago.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/candlelight-vigil-held-for-dog-killed-by-dc-police-officer-091610

The internet is a wonderful and scary place and there is all kinds of propaganda from both side to tear the movement down or “rally the the troops”.
We've all seen mainstream media “news” reports making us/the occupiers look like lazy, stoned hippies looking for a hand out. I've also seen one report showing pictures of police dressed as protesters starting a riot at a occupation site, the pictures showed that the rioters all had the same police issue boots on. I had seen that picture before and it was from a Canadian protest four years ago where the local Canadian officials admitted they had sent in “undercover” police to get trouble started so they could arrest anyone who was there.

lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:16 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.facebook.com/edschultzshow#!/photo.php?fbid=311311162218577&set=o.31709165325&type=1&theater

Cop kills a dog at one of the occupies MAD
I can't read things like this, it is heartless.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:00 pm

That's just messed up...period!

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:16 pm

This is a disgusting story. Does anyone know if they are intending to bring charges against this officer? Over the top doesn't begin to describe this. It was intentional cruelty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top