Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut

+6
JoanB
mistermunster
lam
Spring9
TR11005
Jobless_in_Ma
10 posters

Go down

Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut Empty Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:35 pm

SESSIONS: No program in our government has surged out of control more dramatically than food stamps. And nothing is being done about it. [...] Multimillion dollar lottery winners are getting food stamps because the money is considered to be an asset not an income. One of the fast and furious gun buyers –

HOST: But hold on, for ever lottery winner that has food stamps, there’s probably a lot more people who really need them who have them, right?

SESSIONS: Well look, do you think there are four times as many people who need food stamps today as in 2001. That answers itself.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/21/1028753/-Jeff-Sessions-says-food-stamps-have-surged-out-of-control-and-must-be-cut?via=blog_1

Back to top Go down

Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut Empty Re: Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:31 am

Uhm what an idiot. Do I think there is 4x the need for assistance?? Uhm. YES!!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut Empty Re: Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Uhm what an idiot. Do I think there is 4x the need for assistance?? Uhm. YES!!!
And they are NOT all lottery winners! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:00 am

These republicans certainly know how to stick their foots in their mouths. Someone needs to pull their heads out of their ___'s.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

Anyone that has ever applied for food stamps and Welfare know this is a lie. You can't have much in your savings account, many times you make too much on unemployment. Most of the people have been without work for months. He should be recalled for saying such a thing.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:49 am

In PA you will only qualify as a single person with no income for roughly 35-40 per month. In NJ, with no income and documentation stating no income, unemployment, and living with someone where you don't pay rent, you will get $200 per month and then fight for some medical benefits as well. Rental assistance in both states is $35-40 per month unless you have children. Further the "surge" he refers to started last year as the 99ers became 99ers. It's now all most have.

Problem is, no one calls them on this, no one fights to get the facts out. Why people don't see through these people is beyond me. Jeff Sessions isn't in a political battle for his job, he should be.

What the interviewer didn't follow up with was - Do you think people who qualify for food stamps want to live on that? Do you think people those that truly qualify should be penalized by those that scam the system? Do you have the facts to back up this statement? For every state? Can we see them? But they don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Individuals that allow statements like that to come out of their mouth will never to able to relate to our plight. They have never lived it, not even close. We were all contributing members to society. I was for over 32 years and I still have a burning desire to be. And doing all that I can to make it happen .They say things that are meant to make you feel worthless. But, we "MUST" know and believe that a job or lack there of, does not make us who we are . We are more....MUCH more, than our jobs, and respect should be given.....

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I sent him an email this afternoon, asked what he thought would happen when people lost their unemployment and there are not enough jobs, within millions, that could employ us all and it was, for most of us not an option but survival. I also asked, if they do vote to require drug testing, who is paying that bill. Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut 34243

I agree with Spring9, they can't relate, but as an elected official, who votes regularly on legislation that directly funds these and other programs, he should become AWARE.

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

I receive Food Stamps and I have not won any lottery. Heck, I don't have the money to even buy a friggin lottery ticket.

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:51 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/24/rick-scott-drug-testing-welfare-florida_n_1029332.html

Rick Scotts welfare drug testing law was brought to a halt by a fed. judge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Finally someone in Fla with a head in their shoulders. This is an all out attack on the poor and unemployed. This is discrimination at its finest.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I thought the same thing JIM.

I read an article about this a while back. Apparently, they started testing and only 2% tested positive. The state had to reimburse all those that tested negative and it ended up COSTING the state money.

I was kind of glad to see the results, not that I had any doubt, but seeing it on paper debunks the whole "People on welfare are lazy drug addicts" theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Another southern sack of BLeep GOPer doling out their BRAND of compassion to the less fortunate. It's always the southerners,the hayseeds, thumpers and the Mayberrys making trouble. I don't know about you but I see a definitive pattern here in the last 3 years and they all come from the SAME regions.

Just look at Perry's stupid comments at his press conference today. White, hayseed, wealthy and bigoted.

Last edited by mistermunster on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I just have to wonder: how many multimillion dollar lottery winners are there, period? Like, are there even enough of them that if they were all getting food stamps, it would be a big enough problem to worry about?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:06 pm

lam wrote:What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

I receive Food Stamps and I have not won any lottery. Heck, I don't have the money to even buy a friggin lottery ticket.

I am in the same boat. Can't throw away my money, even one or two dollars. And, who's got the money for drugs, my two thyroid meds are 54.00 and it's a complete struggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow is all I can say, so what help will they approve to all those that have exhausted all their resources? If being a 99er was like a plaque they would have every government org helping out, freezing foreclosures and any financial repercussions from being infected, doing anything and everything to help save anybody...but now with the UE epidemic nothing and it's a waste of resources to ensure that at least people eat?
I wish my former party would at least offer an alternative before closing the door on something that works.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Yes, Warden Sessions, there are millions more than in 2001 that need food stamps. Even if you want to ignore the unemployed and 99ers, have you read a paper? The poverty level ring any bells? Income inequality? Why is this man on our payroll, the taxpayers payroll? I bet he forgot about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm

This A-Hole is beyond stupid!

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

It's like having a sinking ship and then complaining that we're using all the lifeboats and life preservers! Rolling Eyes
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey Falcon, Kulkulkan. How are you both? Hoping well.

I couldn't believe this when I read it. Why an elected official does not know the facts is beyond me. I sent him an email, I could not find a twitter address or I would have sent him one and asked for re-tweets for the next two weeks. Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut 34243

PS, I think it's like giving us a lifeboat, with small holes in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 am

Thanks for the shout out, MaryKay! Jeff Sessions says food stamps have 'surged out of control' and must be cut 296338 I'm still plugging away, I guess.

I think that this politician and his ilk have no concern with the fact, but rather want to weave a tale in which we are just plain lazy and no-account folks, and could just get a job if we wanted to survive. Strange the Repubs ran on "Where are the jobs?", yet now thinks that jobs are just waiting to be filled. I hope that enough out there see through the garbage and take our country back!
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Geez, how dare you people want to eat?? I mean really if you're eating with food stamps, there will be less money for lobbyists. The nerve of you greedy folks.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum