Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement

3 posters

Go down

99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement Empty 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:03 am

But now, because of the "We are the 99 percent" slogan, Occupy protesters are being referred to as 99ers.

"We're gonna have to do a little rebranding there," Frederick told HuffPost on Thursday.

Frederick is helping organize a working group called "Jobless Avengers" that will hold its first meeting Friday afternoon in Zuccotti Park, where the Occupy protests got started a month ago.

"Jobless Avengers seeks to give voice and visibility to the many jobless and local business owners who are silently suffering in this economy," says a flier (PDF) Frederick is currently distributing. "We will be Silent No More. As part of the Occupy Wall Street movement, we are focused on action, not policy, political or legislative debate. This working group is open to all, but a special invitation is extended to the jobless, underemployed, 99ers/UI exhaustees and local small business owners."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/99ers-occupy-wall-street_n_1021900.html?ref=unemployment

Back to top Go down

99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement Empty Re: 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 am

They will be doing this in philly as well. Needs to be done.

The unemployed have been a big part of the Occupy movement from the beginning. The elephant in the room of the current political and economic crisis is the unemployed - and yet we continue to be marginalized and excluded from the discussion.

We are trying to change this. Tomorrow, in NYC, we're going to be taking a big step forward: the first meeting of a work group to define the problems, brainstorm solutions, and make a plan of action.

The meeting will be TOMMOROW, OCT 21 @ 4:00 pm. Meet near the "Big Red X" sculpture on Broadway across from Zuccotti Park.

If you don't live near New York, or can't make it tomorrow, I hope you will stand in solidarity with us! Wherever you are, please forward this announcement to your contacts, send us your input & encouragement, and participate online. If there is an #Occupy movement in your area, I would encourage you to engage the assembly and form a jobless working group. We need to muster every little bit of pressure we can put on the government, corporations, and mainstream media to demand real solutions to the unemployment problem!

I hope that, working together, we will be able to make a noise that cannot be ignored!

In solidarity,

Sam
NYC
917-326-1079

PS I have combined emails from a large number of sources to create this email list, so please accept my sincere apologies if I have sent this email to you in error! I won't be sending out "blast" emails often - less than one a week - but please tell me if you would prefer not to receive messages and I'll take you off the list o^_^o

That was an email I received yesterday. Sorry, didn't get back from dad's until late, so I am posting today. I forwarded him our letter and my contact info, as well as the information to pass on to people in NY concerning our site if they would like to join and need support. Hopefully, this will garner the attention the unemployed and the 99ers need as well. 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement 34243

Back to top Go down

99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement Empty Re: 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:01 pm

99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:50 pm

As soon as I receive any additional info or updates, I will post. Until then, we still have fingers that can tweet and email and we have voices, so please, use the list in the 99ers letter, it contains email addresses, twitter addresses and phone numbers. Since it isn't possible for all of us to be at occupy locations everyday, we have to occupy online as often as we can. 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Bump! 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 pm

I just have to say that I have been trying to be part of Occupy LA which is 60 miles from my house..BUT I don't quite understand the Occupy groups out here because While UNEMPLOYMENT is a big topic, the OCCUPY LA group didn't want to gather support to get people to even sign the WHITE HOUSE PETITION for 99'ers so we didn't make the 5,000 signatures by Oct.22nd.

I am at a total loss why this could be. I couldn't get any help at all. It's like they all just want to be a united front for the TV & Newspapers but thats all. When it comes down to actually doing something to help the people that the Occupy Goups are picketing for NOTHING GETS DONE. There Is NO REASON why we (The 99ers) couldn't have gotten the groups to sign up to support the petition. I walked around with my laptop & cellphone which can be a wireless hotspot and tried to get people to sign up. I got a total of 3 people to do it???? This makes me sick.
While I am TOTALLY in Favor of The OCCUPY WALLSTREET MOVEMENT, I do have to question the groups Motives as a whole. Why could they HELP? All it took was a quick signature?
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Wow Stevie's! I'm in amazement that yiu couldn't drum up the digs needed. What exactly do they think the movement is really all about? Unemployment is the number one issue in this country. Get folks working and money in their pickets to grease the wheels of the economy.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm

The problem with the Occupy Movements is that there are so many different causes that an individual one, say hr589 or help for 99ers gets lost in the crowd. I was disappointed to see that the petition got less then 2 thousand total signatures.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:53 am

I had two twitter follower volunteer to take the petition to #ows - still couldn't get the 5,000 signatures.

Now it is coming down to ALL Federal extensions cutting off.

I think it is time to #Occupy Capitol Hill - with calls, tweets, emails, etc. We can't wait any longer. No more begging, we need to demand. The whole House, a lot of the Senate, and the President are in election mode right now. At this point we are only going to be used as pawns - MAKE SOME NOISE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

We've all voice this opinion. It's a movement for the many problems, not an individual problem. Which is why it really is up to us to do this on our own. We brought down twitter, we brought down DC computers and phone lines. We can do it again. No better time than when the entire country is focused on jobs/economy and economic fairness.

Twitter, emails, phone calls are valuable tools. It's up to us to use them, together not just a few people making noise, but everyone making noise together. We can do it.

There are still many 99ers who don't know about forums like ours or the campaigns we are waging, they are just doing the best they can to hold their families together. Those of us who do can help by making noise. 99ers Join Occupy Wall Street Movement 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down