Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill

5 posters

Go down

Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill Empty Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 am

Reid To GOP: Don’t Try To Delay The Next Jobs Vote

On a Monday conference call with reporters, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) officially announced that he'll move ahead with the first stand-alone piece of President Obama's jobs bill this week -- a $35 billion state aid measure to prevent layoffs of teachers and emergency fist responders. But he's prepared for Republicans to stand in the way.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/reid-to-gop-dont-try-to-delay-the-next-jobs-vote.php?ref=fpb

Back to top Go down

Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill Empty Re: Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:57 am

They need to keep bringing up each and every piece of this bill and make them vote on it. And we need to let them all know how and what we want them to vote YES on. Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill 34243

Back to top Go down

Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill Empty Re: Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 am

It is already past mid-October and they haven't even introduced the first part. You know this is going to be delayed and blocked with every possible tactic by the GOP.

When will they bring up the extension of the Federal unemployment benefits, hopefully with something added for the exhaustees. Just my opinion, but there aren't that many days left in this session of Congress to get it all done.

The President is on a bus tour to promote his bill. He has asked us to stand with him and contact our legislators. Where are the jammed phone lines and crashed server for people contacting the Capitol for the unemployed??????????????????????

Time is running out FAST!! Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill 443294

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 am

Couldn't agree more Desp. We are all disgusted, tired, nervous and angry at everything, I get it. But we still don't have extended benefits for those still collecting and eligible and we still don't have even a hint of an extension for the 99ers, we have no jobs bill and no tax reform.

We have to keep up the pressure. It is our new full time job. It's sad that the phone and fax lines are not jammed. It's a disgrace that the 99ers White House Petition is running out of time (Saturday is the deadline) with not even half the signatures needed.

Giving up is not an option. They are not going to fight for us if we are not willing to fight for ourselves. It's work, hard work, but it needs to be done. Let's go all members, let's rally. Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill 589309

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

mad

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 am

I was watching the rerun of last night's Rachel Maddow show early this morning. This piece of the jobs bill is not even going to make it through the Senate. Senator Ben Nelson ( Mad ), D-NE, has already said he will vote no.

Is anyone paying attention to what is going on with this bill? The occupy movement (which I am a participant of) is going to take a while to have any impact on the economy. In the mean time, the unemployed are being ignored in Congress. Seems like only the President is speaking up for the American Jobs Act. By the middle of winter, millions are going to be without any form of income at all, and they won't even see it coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 am

I have been trying to inform those I know currently collecting as to what is going on. No one had a clue about the jan cutoff.
Where is all the outrage? Where are all the unemployed.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 am

My neighbor didn't believe me when I told her she wouldn't be getting unemployment for the next year. I had to explain what is going on. She was panicked. YES, she has been looking for a job, but there are none, and now it seems there are hiring freezes even in the area she was employed in - direct support caregiver.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Yeah, people need to somehow overcome their paralysis brought on by a government that completely ignores them, and a total lack of means to fight back against the greedy rich and corporations who refuse to give back to their communities and/or hire new workers.

Maybe the government needs to overcome it's paralysis too!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:My neighbor didn't believe me when I told her she wouldn't be getting unemployment for the next year. I had to explain what is going on. She was panicked. YES, she has been looking for a job, but there are none, and now it seems there are hiring freezes even in the area she was employed in - direct support caregiver.

I have to admit that I don't understand how this works since I've worked most of the last 12-month period...how long do you have to have been on UC to be cut off this next year?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 pm

As soon as you enter into UC whatever tier you are on at that time you will be allowed to finish but not advance. Hence if you were just on tier 1 for 10 weeks prior to the cutoff date you will be allowed to finish that tier but not advance any further as it will not be written into law that other tiers exist.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 pm

26 weeks of regular state unemployment benefits. December 24 is the last day to start any new Federal tier. Whatever tier you are on after December 31 will be the last one you are eligible for. You will get the remainder and that is it. I believe there are 13 or 14 states that may continue EB when EUC08 ends on 12/31.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 pm

I guess that's pretty much what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks. With any luck, I wont have to know this first-hand, but I've been through this wringer too many times to believe that I won't.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by snowman Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 am

I have been looking for a job ,any job like millions of other's.no luck at all.no one wants the the old guy over fifty any more.To much experience I guess.But lets keep on it keep on trucking.

snowman

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 pm

I was in the exact same boat as you, snowman--over fifty, long resume, out of work for a year and a half, and finally got hired for a contract job. That lasted for almost six months, then I got hired again in April for another contract job that I'm still working at--close to home, even.

I thought for sure I would never work again, at least not in my field. So if there's hope for me, there must be hope for you too.

Hey, I just realized that I've been working for a whole year...what am I doing hanging out with you guys? Razz Must be love. I love you
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 pm

We love you too, Joan!
Reid to move ahead with first piece of American Jobs Bill 1362819209

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:40 pm

JoanB wrote:I was in the exact same boat as you, snowman--over fifty, long resume, out of work for a year and a half, and finally got hired for a contract job. That lasted for almost six months, then I got hired again in April for another contract job that I'm still working at--close to home, even.

I thought for sure I would never work again, at least not in my field. So if there's hope for me, there must be hope for you too.

Hey, I just realized that I've been working for a whole year...what am I doing hanging out with you guys? Razz Must be love. I love you

That's fantastic news Joan! You are truely a beacon of hope!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks jmain.

Hey DiH, I must have missed it somehow--I never saw you say how you like your new job...?

And you all rock too...I wish you guys all lived on my block and when I bake something I could just ask you over for coffee.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum