Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:35 am

Wow, that's pretty impressive of Jesse. Let's see the cops mace and baton him now. This is what's needed, more politicians getting involved and for the right reasons.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Update: Occupy Providence closes BofA accounts

Patricia Phelan and Savannah Kite were among a group of Occupy Providence protesters when they closed their accounts at Bank of America Monday morning.

When Phelan and Kite when to the bank at 9:55 a.m., the doors to the bank were closed and the group was told to go to the other entrance.

"They are holding our money hostage," one of the protesters said.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2011/10/update-occupy-p-3.html#.Tp36MXLF-bQ

Providence police: No plans to evict Occupy protesters

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Providence's top public safety official says Occupy Providence protesters camping out in a city park are welcome to stay for now.

A spokeswoman for Public Safety Commissioner Steven Pare said Monday he has no plans to evict protesters who have set up an encampment in Burnside Park.

The protesters began camping out on Saturday. There are about 60 tents set up.
http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2011/10/providence-poli-58.html#.Tp37BnLF-bQ

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 550579 It is going very well here! Better than expected! Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm

GOP JOBS PLAN = OCCUPY GOLF COURSE!!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
GOP JOBS PLAN = OCCUPY GOLF COURSE!!!
NO!! My two dogs work at a golf course keeping geese away! They are definitely not Tea Party members or GOP!

GOP JOBS PLAN = OCCUPY NINETEENTH HOLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 pm

some pics to share with you all from my trip to occupy boston today.
http://twitpic.com/photos/unemployed_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Excellent pics!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 pm

thanks! Next time I will be able to stay longer and get more. Had MIL with us so we just stayed about an hour and a half today. Im dying to show the video if I can EVER GET IT TO UPLOAD!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:some pics to share with you all from my trip to occupy boston today.

Good stuff, I will put one on the Ed page

I just got a call froma survey company asking me which bank I use and why. I wonder if the occupation has them scared?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:some pics to share with you all from my trip to occupy boston today.

I just got a call froma survey company asking me which bank I use and why. I wonder if the occupation has them scared?
Did you tell them you are moving to a Credit Union?

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 am

Is there a run on Bank of America? Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 450627 Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 3223447001

'The GOP Economic Plan= Occupy Golf Courses" Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 762939

Thank you GettheminNOVEMBER!

Humor Break!

It has been reported that the all Congressman and Senators will no longer work from the Capital. It will be foreclosed. Nobody knew Bank of America had the title. Republicans will occupy golf courses of there choosing. The Democrats will go to the local public library and use their computers. More work will get done this way.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm

http://occupywallst.org/

Please go to this website. Today there are several excellent articles. There was a survey done that tells how college educated the 99% are. These are not just made up of 99ers, they are the 99%! Whoever thought that this would explode and include everyone, but the 1%.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Did you tell them you are moving to a Credit Union?

I told them Banks were crooks and we had Bank of America but my local branch closed despite record profits this year. And yes I did, we use the Hudson vallley Credit Union. and the questions kept coming about what my Credit Union has to offer. I told them they were not snotty like bank of America and have great interest rates on their loans. The lady was nice and started laughing.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Yes I moved from Chase many years ago. I was tired of their fees and penalties... and the cold corporate feel that emanates from just stepping into any of their branches.

I've been with a small credit union for several years. The nice thing about credit unions is even though they may not have as many branches or have presence in other areas that you might find yourself, there is an affiliation between credit unions where you can do your banking through another CU.

I have no trouble banking here in Puerto Vallarta, even though my CU is only in Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for the pics, S&T! I can't get enough of seeing all of the occupiers from all over our country and the world! Was reading Joan Walsh on Salon, and she had a link to an enormous crowd of protesters in Madrid singing Beethoven's Ninth...I'm not sure exactly why they were doing that, but it was cool.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 pm

A bit off-topic, but perhaps I'm mistaken how credit unions work? People are talking about pulling their money out of the bank and putting it into a credit union, but I've always been under the impression that you need an "in" to a credit union, like a job that offers it or something. Is this not true? How do I get my money out of my bank and into a credit union? Are all of them open to the public, or only some of them? Thanks in advance.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Yes, they are open to the public. You have to buy a share when you join, it is usually $5 and that's it. There are other benefits associated with Credit Union memberships like discounts on insurances, etc. It is worth looking into.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:49 pm

I got into a debate with a GOPer not supporting the movement. I asked him to go down and invest his saving in Wall Street and that was the end of him. elephant
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Found this on Twitter! lol!

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 Republ10

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:03 pm

You do need an "in" but it's usually pretty simple to find one. I live in a small town (less than 1000 people), next to a mid size town and I know of two I could get into.

They are offering accounts to the community right now. If you leave in the country or a neighboring county you can open an account.

They are good because they are not for profit so their fees are less and easier to deal with. They are actually a cooperative and are owned by the people that hold accounts. All profits go into lowering fees and interest rates.

The downside is that they have very few places to get money sometimes. Also traveling out of the country is sometimes an issue if you want to use atm's.

I do, or did, travel to England a lot and I could get money from Atm's for free through Bank of America. With my new credit union I won't be able to do that as easily.

It really is a local option. I am taking my money out of bofa on principle but they do have some convenient options. However, Yesterday I overdrafted my account by $5 because a money transfer didn't go through in time and they charge me a "credit" fee of $10 to cover it.

Basically they loaned me $5 for less than 24 hours with $10 interest.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:27 pm

What about using a debit card for purchases? Can you do that with a credit union? That's what I would mostly want the card for because I have a neurological condition in my hands that makes handling paper money difficult and embarassing.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:46 am

yes, I am pretty sure most credit unions offer debit now. That would be the draw for me anyway. I don't want to have to pay BOFA $5 a month to use debit. Credit unions work basically like a non-profit bank.

My tax money bailed them out and then I get another fee.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Occupy Wall Street, the 99% meets the 99ers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jUbVj0r50&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:55 pm

International Credit Union Day Celebrated Oct. 20

Thursday, October 20 is International Credit Union Day. This day highlights the important economic and social contributions credit unions make to their communities worldwide.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/morningnews/wdaf-international-credit-union-day-celebrated-oct-20-20111020,0,1765321.story
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 Icu20110

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Back from staying the last three nights (Monday night was 36 degrees) at the Occupy site, I'm now on the peacekeepers crew because I've had crisis intervention training and as the crew leader said to me “you being 6'7” doesn’t hurt either” . Only a couple things to report, first is we are feeding about 8-900 people a day mostly homeless at fist some people had an issue with it but after a couple meetings we decided to try to feed as many as we could as long as they're respectful, because if we turned them away we would be no better than the 1%. We have also started daily sobriety support meetings for them and just general education about resources available in our area. I was working my shift as a peacekeeper on Tuesday about 11pm with two other people (eventually we want to have at least six 24/7 at the camp) when two police came walking into camp. We asked if we could help them and they said they got a call that the food we were serving was “drugged”, the games have started.
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Got a couple comments about this photo and let me tell you this guy is one of the good guys. His name is Lt. Sam K. he was raised Christian in Iran and his family came to America in the 70's. He is the go between for the EPD and Occupy Eugene, we had a meeting with him a week before we started the occupation and he said he was 100% behind our right to free speech, assembly and a non-violent occupation movement, because when he grew up he had none of those rights.
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 4 30765612
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next