Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm

:51372: I've been tweeting all week. You beat me with followers - I have almost 700. Tomorrow, I am going to the OccupyProvidence Rally at the park in front of Bank of America. Police had originally said they needed a permit, but backed off of that.

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 pm

DesperateInRI wrote: :51372: I've been tweeting all week. You beat me with followers - I have almost 700. Tomorrow, I am going to the OccupyProvidence Rally at the park in front of Bank of America. Police had originally said they needed a permit, but backed off of that.

First unfollow the congress people that don't follow you. Then go to #connecttheleft and start following. They will follow back.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:56 pm

All this shows is WE have rights as long as THOSE in power give them to us. They LOVE to use technicalities of LAW they WROTE to control us, WHEN it suits them but our rights be dammed.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Starting to hate this F'N Country!
If it was the Tea Baggers doing something similar, I'm sure there would be no problem.

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Not allowing those with work IDs in the street, why the people aren't attacking people they're attacking the whole corporate thingy not individuals who work there.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Falcon7 wrote:Starting to hate this F'N Country!
If it was the Tea Baggers doing something similar, I'm sure there would be no problem.

From what the Baggers already spew, they are ready to march the Occupiers and 99ers into the ovens and be done with it.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Not allowing those with work IDs in the street, why the people aren't attacking people they're attacking the whole corporate thingy not individuals who work there.
No! They were only ALLOWING THOSE WITH WORK I.D.'S ON WALL ST. ! It got a little tense for a while, but the occupiers didn't push it and headed for City Hall instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 pm

I went by my local occupy together rally today. I live in a really liberal small southern town and the city council gave them a permanent place to occupy where they won't be removed. It's right up the block from the police station actually. The area is pretty small so if tons of people start spilling out into the streets I don't know if they will stick to not evicting them.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:51 pm

mistermunster wrote:All this shows is WE have rights as long as THOSE in power give them to us. They LOVE to use technicalities of LAW they WROTE to control us, WHEN it suits them but our rights be dammed.

We have rights as long as we use them and defend them. They can't kill us all. This is what Jefferson was talking about when he said we needed a revolution every 20 years.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 am

bounce
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:24 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:
mistermunster wrote:All this shows is WE have rights as long as THOSE in power give them to us. They LOVE to use technicalities of LAW they WROTE to control us, WHEN it suits them but our rights be dammed.

We have rights as long as we use them and defend them. They can't kill us all. This is what Jefferson was talking about when he said we needed a revolution every 20 years.

Who might I ask is trying to kill who? Let's not go overboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 am

X wrote:Who might I ask is trying to kill who? Let's not go overboard.

Yeah, let's not go overboard: it's not like people need money to buy food to eat or else they'll die or anything crazy like that! It's not like people are killing themselves all over the country over this man-made depression. Let's not go overboard.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:57 am

I can promise that as soon as one protest group refuses to back down that the swat team will shoot someone. Then you won't have to ask who is trying to kill whom.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:10 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:I can promise that as soon as one protest group refuses to back down that the swat team will shoot someone. Then you won't have to ask who is trying to kill whom.

They've been trying to kill a lot of these protesters for quite awhile now. At least this way they'll be forcing them to do it directly instead of starving them out.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:22 am

ranbrow123 wrote:
X wrote:Who might I ask is trying to kill who? Let's not go overboard.

Yeah, let's not go overboard: it's not like people need money to buy food to eat or else they'll die or anything crazy like that! It's not like people are killing themselves all over the country over this man-made depression. Let's not go overboard.

Excuse me. I asked that we not go overboard on who is wanting to kill who in these protests. You don't read what I ask and you want just to be dramatic.

Oh my me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:24 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:I can promise that as soon as one protest group refuses to back down that the swat team will shoot someone. Then you won't have to ask who is trying to kill whom.

So dramatic. Get real.

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:43 am

X wrote:

So dramatic. Get real.

So you really think that it's just completely unrealistic that someone could get killed at these protests? You don't think there's any possibility that the police are being turned against the protesters: "You could be with your family right now instead of grinding this overtime if it weren't for these worthless bums who want a handout on your tax dollars."

Even if you're right and I'm just being paranoid, remember that when emotions run high and hours run long, ANY human being is going to become more prone to over-reaction and error. The police are no exception.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:52 am

ranbrow123 wrote:
X wrote:

So dramatic. Get real.

So you really think that it's just completely unrealistic that someone could get killed at these protests? You don't think there's any possibility that the police are being turned against the protesters: "You could be with your family right now instead of grinding this overtime if it weren't for these worthless bums who want a handout on your tax dollars."

Even if you're right and I'm just being paranoid, remember that when emotions run high and hours run long, ANY human being is going to become more prone to over-reaction and error. The police are no exception.

No actually from the beginning I was worried of these protests. I worry for the protesters that have every reason (and god bless them) to be doing what they're doing.

Please stop bumping heads with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:43 am

For the above conversation regarding the safety of the people participating in the Occupy Movement, please remember these two words:

Kent State

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:53 am

DesperateInRI wrote:For the above conversation regarding the safety of the people participating in the Occupy Movement, please remember these two words:

Kent State

Yes indeed, not to mention the battle of Hue and the Viet Tet offense that you guys haven't a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:58 am

X wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:For the above conversation regarding the safety of the people participating in the Occupy Movement, please remember these two words:

Kent State

Yes indeed, not to mention the battle of Hue and the Viet Tet offense that you guys haven't a clue.
I do remember, 1968.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 am

Kent State

Took the words right out of my mouth.

"oh me oh my" indeed.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:19 pm

affraid That person didn't do anything!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next