Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:18 pm

They are only planning to be there till Nov 15th right? The cops never learn, the more they push these people the more that join. I wonder if I got a fake cop costume and wen t there and join the people what other cops would think?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

There are tons of people heading there now! Twitter is overcapacity calling for help!

Not sure about Nov. 15, I know it is the day the movement has asked everyone to take their money out of banks and put it in Credit Unions.

They are also going to be evicting #OccupyPhiladelphia tomorrow. OccupyProvidence has already been warned that we cannot rally on Saturday in a govt. owned park that Bank of America is adjacent to.

They are making this peaceful movement ugly! Why didn't they do this to the Tea Party in 2009?? They were full of hate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 pm

http://front.moveon.org/breaking-mayor-bloomberg-attempting-to-evict-occupywallstreet-protesters/?rc=fb.fan

bloomberg is being silly. Doing this will probably start English style riots, hope not. They were nasty.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 pm

This is just another attempt to shut down the movement

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:25 pm

This has to be the catalyst that starts it off. If this ends the occupy movement then there is no hope. If they don't burn wall street down tomorrow it's over.

Like that old song goes :
"How can we expect them to hear if we keep talking in the same old voice? We need a new noise."

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 am

Steve Earle - The Revolution Starts Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AirdHLCj4MY

I was walkin’ down the street
In the town where I was born
I was movin’ to a beat
That I’d never felt before
So I opened up my eyes
And I took a look around
I saw it written ‘cross the sky
The revolution starts now
Yeah, the revolution starts now

When you rise above your fear
And tear the walls around you down
The revolution starts here
Where you work and where you play
Where you lay your money down
What you do and what you say
Yeah the revolution starts now

Yeah the revolution starts now
In your own backyard
In your own hometown
So what you doin’ standin’ around?
Just follow your heart

Last night I had a dream
That the world had turned around
And all our hopes had come to be
And the people gathered ‘round
They all brought what they could bring
And nobody went without
And I learned a song to sing
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 am

This country is one big abortion. Today Congress, the Republicans passed a bill to refuse pregnant woman any medical help with problems in their pregnancies. That something the British did back before the Revolutionary War.

Now the Mayor of New York is acting like the King of England, back in 1775. The stupid rich never learn from history. ViVa Revolution!!!

The 99% are all in our prayers in New York and elsewhere.

I hope someone with trucks help pickup their things for now. Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts 34243

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:09 am

Police tell protesters to remove their tents from plaza as of Midnight tonight

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/occupy-san-diego-police.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+%28L.A.+Now%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

The City Nazis and their stormtroopers are putting the screws to the people. This is a NATIONAL plot it would seem to BUST up the PROTEST all over the country. Twisted Evil

UPDATE: at Midnight PST the cops backed down because the media WITH cameras was still there reporting. People are FEARFUL that as soon as the media leaves, they will move in to arrest the people.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:53 am

It has started in Denver.

#ALERT #OWS #OccupyDenver Cops Displaying Automatic Rifles! still trashing belongings in tents cc: #OccupyWallStreet #OccupyWallSt
9 minutes ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:58 am

What!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 am

DesperateInRI wrote:It has started in Denver.

#ALERT #OWS #OccupyDenver Cops Displaying Automatic Rifles! still trashing belongings in tents cc: #OccupyWallStreet #OccupyWallSt
9 minutes ago
Backing down a little - CNN is there and is a live-stream:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream1#/video/cvplive/cvpstream1

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts Empty Headline: Delay in cleaning New York Park.

Post by TR11005 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 am

A delay in cleaning the New York Park was just announced. Wall Street protesters will not be evicted for now after the protestors cleaned up during the night.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:51 am

The Wall Street Demonstrators are not going to be evicted for now! Stay Tune for further news!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 am

http://www.dnainfo.com/20111014/downtown/zuccotti-park-cleanup-scrapped-as-owners-seek-agreement-with-protesters#.TpgSE9UliSQ.twitter

The last-minute MoveOn.org petition got over a million signatures in just a few hours.

Why can't the unemployed do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 am

Smart move by the protestors to clean the park themselves, because I have a hunch that, if they got moved out of the park, they would not be allowed back in, with the city citing some obscure 150 year old law or regulation.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

They had already said they wouldn't be allowed to tent or setup tarps etc. The owners of the park want to "work" with the protesters now. This should be interesting. I think the moveon.org petition that got over a million signatures played a roll as well.
Congrats to the #ows for winning a battle for now.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 am

Something is going on! Twitter is shut down, no tweets are streaming, some of the last live tweets I saw said the police were not letting anyone walk down Wall St. without a work I.D., and a NYPD officer just ran over a protestors leg!

nicolesandler Nicole Sandler
RT @sallykohn: Breaking: NYPD just ran over a #OWS protester's leg; arrests being made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:53 am

Twitter Blackout started about 15 minutes ago!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:01 am

MSNBC GOING THERE IN A FEW MINUTES!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

This is a year too late for many. If we would have only known for sure that the new Republicans voted in were going to be the way they are. No wonder there is no faith in politicians.

I hope this is a turning point. They have tried on Wall Street to demonstrate for Job and Unemployment. This time history is on side of the protestors. Go 99%!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:56 pm

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:04 pm

The more they try to stop this movement, the more attention it is going to get. There was a real mess in Denver earlier before CNN got there with their cameras and livestream. There was a Twitter blackout when the Wall St. group started walking towards the NYSE this morning too. Barricades were put up and police would only let those with work I.D.'s on the street.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 pm

I am way to hot headed to go. I would do more harm than good and I know it. But I tweet, blog and Facebook all I can.

Darthtater36 has 1007 followers now. :51372: :88541567:

What is the deal with the feet? I forgot to ask?

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next