Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

Post by jmainframe on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 am

The New York protests - dubbed "Occupy Wall Street" - are now in their third week. Demonstrators are protesting everything from corporate greed to high gas prices to poor health insurance. So far no single leader or group seems to be in charge, but that doesn't seem to have slowed them down. Over the weekend, New York police arrested more than 700 protesters who occupied the Brooklyn Bridge. And it's not just New Yorkers who are venting their frustration about the economy.

Demonstrators in Los Angeles marched on City Hall over the weekend to protest policies they say benefit the richest 1% of Americans. "Occupy Chicago" has gone on for more than 10 days now. In Boston, protesters are mainly targeting Bank of America. They say they want to "stop the greed" and "fight for an economy that works for all of us." People have also taken to the streets in Seattle and Denver. For the most part, these protests have been peaceful - so far. But if they keep spreading and growing, it's got to frighten Washington.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/03/are-the-protests-spreading-across-the-u-s-the-sign-of-an-american-spring/?iref=allsearch


jmainframe
Member

Posts : 471
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 57
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

Post by jmainframe on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 am

And I love certain talk show hosts (that I will not name) who, for the life of them don't (or don't want to) understand what it is these people are protesting. Either they are living in a bubble and are out of touch with reality, or they are beginning to feel threatened by these protestors, because they continue to do well despite this depression we're in.


jmainframe
Member

Posts : 471
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 57
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 am

Since day one the right wing has tried to discredit the protesters stating we don't even know what were protesting. It seems pretty obvious to me and anyone with a brain what they are angry about!

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 42
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Washington and Wall Street are scared to death. Twitter and Yahoo are censoring and banning information from the protests, Fox News contributors (Dana Perrino) are tweeting vicious lies about the rallies and the protestors, media news photos are being altered, etc.

They know that this isn't just one group protesting - it is everyone, the 99% who have been screwed for the past 30 years. The odds are not in the 1%'s favor of keeping this silent and stopping the movement.

Occupy Providence!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Are The Protests Spreading Across The US The Sign Of An American Spring?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:26 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum