Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

http://www.alternet.org/economy/152451/3_big_lies_at_the_heart_of_republican_attacks_on_the_post_office

House Republicans are aiming to dismantle the postal service, but their plans hinge on a few tall tales they've sold the American public.

In nine months in office, the new Republican House majority has amply proven the emptiness of its early promises: to create jobs, run government more like a business and respect small-town America. But there’s no better object lesson in Republicans’ real priorities than their bid to end the Postal Service as we know it.

UPS and FED EX give money to the Republicans and now they want to end the post office and end those unions all for political gain. They don't care how it wil affect you. TYPICAL REPUKE MOVE MAKES ME SICK! MAD

Not even you Tristen can spin this one. Making the post office pay billions now for pensions due 80 years from now.

The Republicans passed this bill to make them pay before Obama. Think of all the jobs lost. Think of having your local post office shutting down.


.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:06 pm

This is a disgrace. I can understand there being less of a need now in this electronic age, but deliberately shutting down the post office and laying off hundreds of thousands of workers all to line the pockets of big corporations is abominable!

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 42
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.alternet.org/economy/152451/3_big_lies_at_the_heart_of_republican_attacks_on_the_post_office

House Republicans are aiming to dismantle the postal service, but their plans hinge on a few tall tales they've sold the American public.

In nine months in office, the new Republican House majority has amply proven the emptiness of its early promises: to create jobs, run government more like a business and respect small-town America. But there’s no better object lesson in Republicans’ real priorities than their bid to end the Postal Service as we know it.

UPS and FED EX give money to the Republicans and now they want to end the post office and end those unions all for political gain. They don't care how it wil affect you. TYPICAL REPUKE MOVE MAKES ME SICK! MAD

Not even you Tristen can spin this one. Making the post office pay billions now for pensions due 80 years from now.

The Republicans passed this bill to make them pay before Obama. Think of all the jobs lost. Think of having your local post office shutting down.


.


President says Americans and especially unemployed are just too soft! So he must agree with them! And how can repubs. pass anything that Obama must sign off on and also the senate would also have to sign off! So tristen, lets see, hum! If it goes through and the senate passes it and also the pres. signs off on it, then we can add their name to this list! Hum!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:36 pm

No matter what happens its the repubs. again! Since they promised jobs as president is and has done, he has a free pass, boy we are too soft as he says! U know, he is very right!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.alternet.org/economy/152451/3_big_lies_at_the_heart_of_republican_attacks_on_the_post_office

House Republicans are aiming to dismantle the postal service, but their plans hinge on a few tall tales they've sold the American public.

In nine months in office, the new Republican House majority has amply proven the emptiness of its early promises: to create jobs, run government more like a business and respect small-town America. But there’s no better object lesson in Republicans’ real priorities than their bid to end the Postal Service as we know it.

UPS and FED EX give money to the Republicans and now they want to end the post office and end those unions all for political gain. They don't care how it wil affect you. TYPICAL REPUKE MOVE MAKES ME SICK! MAD

Not even you Tristen can spin this one. Making the post office pay billions now for pensions due 80 years from now.

The Republicans passed this bill to make them pay before Obama. Think of all the jobs lost. Think of having your local post office shutting down.


.


President says Americans and especially unemployed are just too soft! So he must agree with them! And how can repubs. pass anything that Obama must sign off on and also the senate would also have to sign off! So tristen, lets see, hum! If it goes through and the senate passes it and also the pres. signs off on it, then we can add their name to this list! Hum!!!

Republicans PASSED the bill in 2006, 1208 before Obama came into office. Now because of that bill which is aimed at taking out the post office is having its effects.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by Hunterforjobs on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't believe the post office will be dismantled, maybe refurbished but never dismantled. If it happens I'll be shocked.

Hunterforjobs
Member

Posts : 502
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I don't believe the post office will be dismantled, maybe refurbished but never dismantled. If it happens I'll be shocked.

After the 2008 crash, anything is possible. More than likely the dems will fix this but still small towns and business will be hurt and jobs lost during a jobs crisis. But this is what the repubs want, Demint was caught on tape bragging about holding the economy hostage.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by Hunterforjobs on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:30 pm

If he was caught on tape then that should wake everyone up to the motives of the repubs. If not, then that confirms that mose repubs if not some dems are in lala land.

Hunterforjobs
Member

Posts : 502
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by lendmeflight2 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Bail out the post office.

This idea that we have in America where everything must make a profit is based on absolute greed. We are obsessed with profit in this country. This is why we can't get decent healthcare, it has to make a profit.

The right will tell you that "in a free market...." and all that horse crap they sell you but in reality the only thing making shipping affordable now is the postal service. UPS and fedex will send their prices through the roof because you will have no alternative. There will be no way for a small business man to set up a business like that.

If we dismantle he post office we might as well dismantle America.

We have become a country of weak people who think that only private business can get anything done. Since private business has to turn a profit, which is hard for big public works projects, then we as a people come to the conclusion that these things are impossible.

But China can do it? Eisenhower would roll over in his grave if he knew were about to defer our greatness to China.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Big Lies At the Heart of Republican Attacks On the Post Office

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:44 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum