Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work and Stop Complaining !

+6
steveninspokane
exhaustedandtired/1208
nfpexec
Lacey
Gail
gettheminNOVEMBER
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 Empty Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work and Stop Complaining !

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work

In a fiery summons to an important voting block, President Barack Obama told blacks on Saturday to quit crying and complaining and "put on your marching shoes" to follow him into battle for jobs and opportunity.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/24/obama-set-to-speak-to-frustrated-congressional-black-caucus/#ixzz1YxBHa5Q8

More hope and change ? Neutral

Back to top Go down

Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work and Stop Complaining !

Post by Lacey Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:55 pm

America1st wrote:Waters discussing Obama's stop complaining comments,

CBC member Maxine Waters reacts to Obama: We're not complaining

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., a member of the Congressional Black Caucus who's been critical this year of President Obama's response to the high unemployment within the black community, said she found it "curious" that Mr. Obama this weekend told black leaders to "stop complaining."

"I don't know who he was talking to because we're certainly not complaining," Waters said on CBS' "The Early Show." "We're working. We support him, and we're protecting that base because we want people to be enthusiastic about him when that election rolls around."

link - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20111619-503544.html

Good Post, America1st!!

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work and Stop Complaining !

Post by steveninspokane Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Basically what I got was... "Stop mentioning the 99ers, there is no help and there never will be for them"

People bash FoxNews but really, is CNN or MSNBC any more fair and balanced? FoxNews leans towards the right, the others lead towards the left... If you want fair and balanced, watch both!
steveninspokane
steveninspokane

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

But the difference is that MSNBC doesn't claim to be fair and balanced and Fox news does. That's not an omission from Fox that's a blatant lie. MSNBC also doesn't claim to be news.

This shows a lack of integrity which means a lot to me. Maybe not to you though, to each his own.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

You all are missing the fact that all 80 something co-sponsors are Dems. This bill needs support from both sides of the isle. Obama knows if he asks to bring this to the floor now, Boehner won't do it unless there is somethig big in it for him.

Obama can't even get Boehner to bring his Jobs bill to the floor. More benefits are great. But there needs to be a means to an end. Which is Jobs, since the right knows high unemploment will help them win. They will make everyone wait till the next election and maybe beyond.

OBAMA NEEDS A SUPPORTIVE CONGRESS, NOT A CONGESS THAT WANTS HIM TO FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no

The ONLY side that fought for me when I was unemployed for 100 weeks were theDEMS! The other side fought for me to be HOMELESS!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Yes, people can say that the dems didn't accomplish much but the truth is that if we had a republican president and house we would never had extensions at all.

And that is the truth.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 pm

So true getthem. Congress needs to do the job they have been sent to do. Not worry about their contributors, they are only a small part of the American people. The Republicans have continuously tried to make us non-worthy and useless. We are not. It's up to us to fight this fight. I am not going down easily.

As far as stop whining and the various comments, well, they do need to get to work and fight harder, just as we do. When you really want something to get done, and I am grateful that they introduced HR589, but that message needs to be taken to every microphone put in front of them, not left in committee. Not that they are not doing anything, but they need to do more. Every time one of them gets a sound bite, it needs to include, pass the Jobs Bill, pass HR589, JOBS. It can't just get mentioned once in a while. And, for the record, the Democrats ARE the only party that voted for unemployment extensions. Every vote that was held up was held up by the republicans in the name of fiscal responsibility. The Republicans are the party of not making life difficult for the oil companies, the banks and wall street. They do not want the mortgage mess cleaned up, they would much rather blame every unemployed person in this country for the financial mess, not their contributors.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:The ONLY side that fought for me when I was unemployed for 100 weeks were theDEMS! The other side fought for me to be HOMELESS!

and THAT is the PROBLEM with the misguided devotion to the Grand Old Party of GREED, death and destruction. Got no insurance "DIE", your Gay "SINFUL",
Got no job "LAZY". On welfare or unemploment insurance "DRUG ADDICTS" and the list goes on. Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:48 pm

mistermunster wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:The ONLY side that fought for me when I was unemployed for 100 weeks were theDEMS! The other side fought for me to be HOMELESS!

and THAT is the PROBLEM with the misguided devotion to the Grand Old Party of GREED, death and destruction. Got no insurance "DIE", your Gay "SINFUL",
Got no job "LAZY". On welfare or unemploment insurance "DRUG ADDICTS" and the list goes on. Mad

Well I gotta tell you, I feel lazy. However, I feel this laziness has been forced upon us. Day by day that goes by, this lack of working causes me to feel more and more lazy, regardless of the fact I am a full time student and watch my 4 kids while my wife goes to work, I just feel lazy and pretty much worthless. I am about to get an AAS degree and still have zero hope in finding a job.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Were not complaining for no reason! How loud do we have to yell for help Obama Tells Congressional Black Caucus Jobs Bill Will Put People Back to Work  and Stop Complaining ! - Page 2 562135 . Our complaints have fallen on death ears on purpose!

Say it LOUD and say it PROUD. If you are not helping us, step aside were coming through! Were not waiting any more. Our patience are worn out!

"Remember Al" should be a battle cry!

The time clock has run out. If Obama wants a march lets give him one! diffrince

There is on going violence on Wall Street. It is hard to tell whether it is inside or outside. The outside protest is telling that something is wrong with T party's actions. The inside only wants it their way.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 am

T party Wall Street whats that connection

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:45 am

Anyone watch Rachel Maddow last night? That whole portion of the speech was taken out of context and totally twisted by the media.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#44679355

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Of all the opinions which are many, we'll see what the future holds. Jobs or no jobs! But lets see! promise made and not fulfilled! Its always someone elses fault!!! But, he is probably right, it will put people back to work! Catchy title! Put people back to work! like 15 to 20 million???? Or maybe 200,000 or even 1 or 2 million for bragging rights! Like I see thousands of jobs being promoted (for Christmas). But I am sure that will be " Things have finally turned around". Time will tell all! So I guess if opinions are your assurrances then hey, feed you family and pay your bills on opinions!!! Right now thats all there is, opinions!!! Oh! And promises!!! unkept so far!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Of all the opinions which are many, we'll see what the future holds. Jobs or no jobs! But lets see! promise made and not fulfilled! Its always someone elses fault!!! But, he is probably right, it will put people back to work! Catchy title! Put people back to work! like 15 to 20 million???? Or maybe 200,000 or even 1 or 2 million for bragging rights! Like I see thousands of jobs being promoted (for Christmas). But I am sure that will be " Things have finally turned around". Time will tell all! So I guess if opinions are your assurrances then hey, feed you family and pay your bills on opinions!!! Right now thats all there is, opinions!!! Oh! And promises!!! unkept so far!!!
He has no support from Congress! He is asking for our support, did you read his speech? He can't do it alone! There are 45 million unemployed Americans, 6 million (maybe more) 99ers! Where are they?

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm

tristen303 wrote:T party Wall Street whats that connection

The Tea Party were sucessful due to the flow of cash from corporations and banks. They are against raising taxes at the same time care about the debt? We have to SPEND to fund them.

Have you noticed they are talking chit about the wall street protest? The very Wall St that screwed us all and exploded the debt?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:14 am

For God's sake, stop analyzing this!

Get in back of President Obama and get this train moving. I'm so sick of all these words and no one supporting our president and his good intentions, plans, and actions.

Just keep steering left and right... you'll never hit dead center that way!

Really getting to me... just stop complaining and god damnit get behind the man! ALL THE WAY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2