» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Live feed as thousands Occupy Wall St.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/14-0

Some are saying there are 50,000 people there? Can anyone confirm this? The media is not covering it.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:21 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People #OCCUPYWALLSTREET

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 pm

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/video-appears-to-show-protesters-being-pepper-sprayed/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 pm

http://www.inthesetimes.com/ittlist/entry/12004/despite_nypd_efforts_wall_street_stays_occupied/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:I just received an email from a very proactive "99er", she has been on TV a few times regarding our plight, and lives in my state. They are organizing a trip to #OCCUPYWALLSTREET.

Anyone interested, please contact her at: unemployedunite@yahoo.com

Glad you found out about it; I mentioned this in an earlier post!

Media is Blacked out on the subject.

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Lacey wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:I just received an email from a very proactive "99er", she has been on TV a few times regarding our plight, and lives in my state. They are organizing a trip to #OCCUPYWALLSTREET.

Anyone interested, please contact her at: unemployedunite@yahoo.com

Glad you found out about it; I mentioned this in an earlier post!

Media is Blacked out on the subject.

Msnbc is starting to cover it. The rest will ignore it as much as possible just like the Murdoch hacking case.

And the wash post http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/why-occupy-wall-street/2011/09/26/gIQAWq5czK_blog.html

Don't count on the WSJ, Murdoch owns them

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 pm

They don't want to cover this. It will have to continue to get coverage.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:40 pm

MSNBC is saying the violence on Wall Street was not cause by the protesters this weekend. It was caused by the Police.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:44 pm

TR11005 wrote:MSNBC is saying the violence on Wall Street was not cause by the protesters this weekend. It was caused by the Police.

Yup, if not for the police beating people up and spraying them. The news would not cover it as much as they have.

Micheal Moore is there too. Let me see if I can find a livestream link.

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 pm

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution I think you can watch some of it here?

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:49 pm

MSNBC is putting on recorded blogs what kind of violence that happened. Peppered spray and dragging people for no reason. A must see, that was just on Hard Ball. I am shocked!!!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Thank you for the livestream link, gettheminNovember. At least this way we can be there in prayer and will cause others to do things locally.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 pm

TR11005 wrote:MSNBC is putting on recorded blogs what kind of violence that happened. Peppered spray and dragging people for no reason. A must see, that was just on Hard Ball. I am shocked!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moD2JnGTToA&feature=youtu.be Here is that video its gone viral.

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5Jp-CP-4A&feature=youtu.be

Michael Moore Speech #OccupyWallStreet Tonight

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 pm

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/26/7978720-rewrite-police-vs-protesters

This is a good video to. Warning this one will piss you off.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Thank you again! This is growing very big by the minute. Great shocking footage. Never saw Vietnam protests this strong! If this don't get people's blood to boil and react nothing will! Long time over due!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

[b]~MERGED TOPIC WITH - "LIVE FEED AS THOUSANDS OCCUPY WALL STREET" THREAD.~ Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hope on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/14-0

Some are saying there are 50,000 people there? Can anyone confirm this? The media is not covering it.

Hi, I was there yesterday from about 1 PM to 10 PM and I would not say that there was 50,000 people there .

The numbers vary according to the time of day etc.. At its highest point it would be about 5000? That included core protesters living there in the park,"day-timers" (local New Yorkers who live and work and drop by when they can), and curious onlookers and tourists. And thats just a guestimate..
I've spoken with many other locals who all say they will come back as their schedules permit. Local news is starting to report that this isn't "ending" and that the numbers seem to be growing and at the same time costing the city, which is not our problem. If they didn't send so many police, it wouldn't cost so much.

Since I am a local I do not plan on sleeping the night there .. (as much as it would be a statement) I do not want to rely on the local resources that are needed for the people who came from far away to be here.

The march for the day seemed to take a while to get started... People announced it but it didn't form till after the drummers who had their most epic of drum sessions came to a high point, people starting cheering then... we we started to form a line and march around the camp then onward to the rest of the district (Hint: take lots of drummers to your group!) The march consisted of about 500-700 people, with the rest staying at the camp to watch over people belongings/setup.

I would say the police made me very nervous... every once in a while they would race to the front of our group as if something dramatic had just happened. It was high adrenaline time for sure. I had no idea the kind of workout that shouting and carrying a sign would be but I was proud to be a part of it. At one point, we came close to Ground Zero at which we stopped and had a moment of silence, then we marched on.

Once the march came full circle back to camp, Michael Moore was there to give a speech which I see has already been linked in this thread. That was a real treat for the group.. I'm so glad he came.. (Thank you Michael!)

The hardest part of it all is from a communication standpoint.. there is no permit, so police will not allow the use of megaphones/microphones. The people came up with the idea to use a human microphone, repeating everything each main speaker says as you can see in the video. My voice was hurting at the end of the day but it was a good hurt.. This feels so right.. This is just the beginning.. I cannot wait to hear how the groups around the country progress.

You can find some meeting minutes and a calendar for Occupy Wall Street here.. some of you may wish to format or use some of the ideas mentioned here for your local gatherings

http://nycga.cc/

By the way, Fox News, ABC, and a lot of other independent media was there taking pictures etc.. from some interviews I heard they are trying to change stories or make it want they want it to be... The biggest challenge the group has right now is presenting a collective and solid narrative. I'm sure it will all be worked out soon.

Last edited by hope on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

hope

http://www.unemployedinamerica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 pm

hope wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/14-0

Hi, I was there yesterday from about 1 PM to 10 PM and I would not say that there was 50,000 people there .

The numbers vary according to the time of day etc.. At its highest point it would be about 5000? That included core protesters living there in the park,"day-timers" (local New Yorkers who live and work and drop by when they can), and curious onlookers and tourists. And thats just a guestimate..
I've spoken with many other locals who all say they will come back as their schedules permit. Local news is starting to report that this isn't "ending" and that the numbers seem to be growing and at the same time costing the city, which is not our problem. If they didn't send so many police, it wouldn't cost so much.

Since I am a local I do not plan on sleeping the night there .. (as much as it would be a statement I do not want to rely on the local resources that are needed for the people who came from far away to be here.

During the march we had yesterday we had about 500-700 people, with the rest staying at the camp to watch over people belongings/setup. I would say the police made me very nervous... every once in a while they would race to the front of our group as if something dramatic had just happened. It was high adrenaline time for sure. I had no idea the kind of workout that shouting and carrying a sign is but I was proud to be a part of it. At one point, we came close to Ground Zero at which we stopped and had a moment of silence, then we marched on.

Once the march came full circle back to camp, Michael Moore was there to give a speech which I see has already been linked in this thread. That was a real treat for the group.. I'm so glad he came.. (Thank you Michael!)

The hardest part of it all is from a communication standpoint.. there is no permit, so police will not allow the use of megaphones/microphones. The people came up with the idea to use a human microphone, repeating everything each main speaker says as you can see in the video. My voice was hurting at the end of the day but it was a good hurt.. This feels so right.. This is just the beginning.. I cannot wait to hear how the groups around the country progress.

You can find some meeting minutes and a calendar for Occupy Wall Street here.. some of you may wish to format or use some of the ideas mentioned here for your local gatherings

http://nycga.cc/

By the way, Fox News, ABC, and a lot of other independent media was there taking pictures etc.. from some interviews I heard they are trying to change stories or make it want they want it to be... The biggest challenge the group has right now is presenting a collective and solid narrative. I'm sure it will all be worked out soon.

Good I am glad you went. IF you look at the time stamp this is when it first started. All kinds of rumors were going around. Since the Media blacked it out I could not verify? Keith Olbermann did a 15 minute story on it yesterday and Odonnell on MSNBC did a story to.

I am doing what I can on twitter and Facebook to get the word out. I have to say the NYPD are the ones that blew it up. Videos are all over the internet.

Keep us posted.

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks, hope! Please keep us updated if you can!

Looks like people in Pittsburgh are trying to get something organized on FB. I can see where this is going...this is going to make me have to sign up at Twitter, isn't it?

&#$%!

JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by hope on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:47 am

Some of you may appreciate this video

Anonymous: Occupy The Planet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccazpyz0RyQ&amp

hope

http://www.unemployedinamerica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Occupy wall street is ON FIRE tonight!! http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:29 pm

There are unconfirmed reports of 15k protesters today!!! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Nice map & timeline of Occupywallstreet by motherjones http://bit.ly/pQfh3o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Now Im getting report from someone who is there taking pics, that says he thinks there are 50k protesters in NYC now!!!! affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Live helicopter view over NYC

http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/video/live_video_2

lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top