Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Free to Die EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Free to Die EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Free to Die EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Free to Die EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Free to Die EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Free to Die EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Free to Die EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Free to Die EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Free to Die EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Free to Die EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Free to Die EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Free to Die EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Free to Die EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Free to Die EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Free to Die EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Free to Die

+2
gettheminNOVEMBER
ricky
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Free to Die Empty Free to Die

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:55 am

In the past, conservatives accepted the need for a government-provided safety net on humanitarian grounds. Don't take it from me, take it from Friedrich Hayek, the conservative intellectual hero, who specifically declared in "The Road to Serfdom" his support for "a comprehensive system of social insurance" to protect citizens against "the common hazards of life," and singled out health in particular.

Given the agreed-upon desirability of protecting citizens against the worst, the question then became one of costs and benefits - and health care was one of those areas where even conservatives used to be willing to accept government intervention in the name of compassion, given the clear evidence that covering the uninsured would not, in fact, cost very much money. As many observers have pointed out, the Obama health care plan was largely based on past Republican plans, and is virtually identical to Mitt Romney's health reform in Massachusetts.

Now, however, compassion is out of fashion - indeed, lack of compassion has become a matter of principle, at least among the G.O.P.'s base.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=841972&single=1&f=28&sub=Columnist

Back to top Go down

Free to Die Empty Re: Free to Die

Post by ricky Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 am

I think Krugman is wrong on this one....its not lack of compassion its actually More compassion.

What upsets the gimme gimme gimme Entitlement crowd is now they will have to do something in exchange for the help.

They will have to better thier lives, get serious about speaking English (no more Ebonics) getting a job (no more 99 weeks of sittng around), stop drinking doing drugs (health care)

Think of it as Tough Love

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 am

Ricky, your post is so comical, I won't give you the satisfaction of a response.

One thing I would like to point out, however, is your criticism of those that don't speak English. Using proper English, as well as having proper writing skills, is just as important as the spoken language. Sir, I think perhaps you should go back to school to learn some basic English, like sentence structuring, spelling and punctuation. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

tiya:

Blogging, tweeting, talking points are short fast statements, not a college dissertaion.

That is the enviroment we are in today. Make your point quickly. Give us the facts and let us research it and discuss.

The truth is, the show Cops is a very real presentation of poor America. Trailer trash, bros from the ghetto "i aint got no ID" Prisoners in jail, all have a common thread, the lack of basic English skills, and failure of the public school system to show some tough love.

And that is tens of millions of Americans, It a crime to let people be so stupid. There is not much hope for them anymore, and its Damn Expensive too.

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 am

Ricky, go spread your hate, bigotry and sexist attitude at www.teaparty.org. Let us suffer and die in peace. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:26 am

ricky wrote:I think Krugman is wrong on this one....its not lack of compassion its actually More compassion.

What upsets the gimme gimme gimme Entitlement crowd is now they will have to do something in exchange for the help.

They will have to better thier lives, get serious about speaking English (no more Ebonics) getting a job (no more 99 weeks of sittng around), stop drinking doing drugs (health care)

WOW you are a teabagging buttwipe ricky. Take your 3 pointed hat with the teabags attached to it and stick it up your azz. You have no idea what these people here have been through. Some are in school, some work part time and some have underpaid jobs. You know what I think you are done here. They unemployed have been through enough and don't need an ignorant teabagger bashing them. You are nothing more then brainwashed pondscum to come here and bash people that have lost everything. You messed with the worng person I promise.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:48 am

you are so funny... dont you think i've been through a lot too?

Let me tell you the last 2 months i've been talking almost daily to a dj in so cal, he was moving to NY and had a syndication deal to do a live 3 hr a night show from 10pm -1am, and needed someone to book his guests and do prep work for the show.

The pay $1500 a month....and mind you this is not 40hr a week job, you are litterally working 7 days a week lining up people..its a lot of work.

So i was supposed to meet him on monday and he calls and said his backers dont have the money to hire anyone so they will get him some interns....

Dissapointed you bet....will I still work for him....i just might to keep a recent job at the top of the resume, but only 1-2 days a week....

So yes Jobs are always available if you want to work for free.....or in exchange for collecting UI or welfare......seems like a poor trade off...but a lot better then beatching about the tea party.

Oh the show starts Monday he 26th...10 days

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am

ricky wrote:you are so funny... dont you think i've been through a lot too?

Let me tell you the last 2 months i've been talking almost daily to a dj in so cal, he was moving to NY and had a syndication deal to do a live 3 hr a night show from 10pm -1am, and needed someone to book his guests and do prep work for the show.

The pay $1500 a month....and mind you this is not 40hr a week job, you are litterally working 7 days a week lining up people..its a lot of work.

So i was supposed to meet him on monday and he calls and said his backers dont have the money to hire anyone so they will get him some interns....

Dissapointed you bet....will I still work for him....i just might to keep a recent job at the top of the resume, but only 1-2 days a week....

So yes Jobs are always available if you want to work for free.....or in exchange for collecting UI or welfare......seems like a poor trade off...but a lot better then beatching about the tea party.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

O I am funny HUH? I have been here for a long time and saw people I knew kill themselves because they ran out of weeks with no job. So before you run your ignorant mouth use your pea brain. Trust me you are on borrowed time.

No more 99 weeks of sitting around? What the heck is that BS?? If you KNOW the job market sucks.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Thank rick. I come from a long line of trailer trash and, trust me, we aren't all illiterate, "I don't got ID", kind of people. I went through college, state school of course, and I couldn't have done that without government "handouts".

Plus some of us just don't got ID, so what?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I think we need to stop feeding Ricky. His opinions are really not welcome on this forum and could push some of our members to the brink. His views would be well served elsewhere. We are trying hard to get what we need for ourselves, families and one another. We are not trying to verbally hurt one another or crush spirits. You go Ricky, to NY, CA, wherever, just not here. No one is forcing you to believe in us or know us, so why stay, you obviously are far above any of us except for the one way it really counts, humanity.

Enjoy your unpaid gigs, paid gigs whatever you find, be true to yourself and prosper. Just please do it elsewhere. You haven't been here long enough to know all of us or what we've seen and been through. We won't be sharing, so good luck with whatever path you chose to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Thank rick. I come from a long line of trailer trash and, trust me, we aren't all illiterate, "I don't got ID", kind of people. I went through college, state school of course, and I couldn't have done that without government "handouts".

Plus some of us just don't got ID, so what?

Good for you lendme, I wish I had done it as well. Ricky doesn't deserve to know your story. Free to Die 769716

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:41 pm

ricky wrote:I think Krugman is wrong on this one....its not lack of compassion its actually More compassion.

Stop posting.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 pm

ranbrow123 wrote:

Stop posting.

After embarrassing himself you would think he would go away, but I doubt it. They all look and sound alike. LMAO
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Okay, I'm glad for you. But as you know everyone is not as lucky or might have lost the drive and personal self respect that's required to dig out of this hole. Do you recognize this and if you do why are you across the board so unkind in your remarks?

Mate, take a break and think about what you are not only saying but doing to our friends here.

What do you think? Can you understand everyone is different?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Well said, X, and thank you. Maybe, for once, Krugman is wrong, there is still some compassion left in this world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am

my i suggest dat dis "free to die" anthem is 2 negative and must die.

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:20 am

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 am

Nuttin I'd like to answer you question but I'm not sure you are onboard and sea sick as the rest of us are.

What the hell is going on here? Your guestion, unusual as it is.

Anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:33 am

Damned if I know. Exodus has been giving us the wisdom of the islands for a couple days now.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:28 am

X wrote:Nuttin I'd like to answer you question but I'm not sure you are onboard and sea sick as the rest of us are.

Anyone?
Free to Die 550579 My Brother.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 pm

stillnutty wrote:
X wrote:Nuttin I'd like to answer you question but I'm not sure you are onboard and sea sick as the rest of us are.

Anyone?
Free to Die 550579 My Brother.

Cool, nutty!

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:02 pm

ricky wrote:tiya:

Blogging, tweeting, talking points are short fast statements, not a college dissertaion.

That is the enviroment we are in today. Make your point quickly. Give us the facts and let us research it and discuss.

The truth is, the show Cops is a very real presentation of poor America. Trailer trash, bros from the ghetto "i aint got no ID" Prisoners in jail, all have a common thread, the lack of basic English skills, and failure of the public school system to show some tough love.

And that is tens of millions of Americans, It a crime to let people be so stupid. There is not much hope for them anymore, and its Damn Expensive too.

Why aren't you banned?

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm

broketrucker wrote:

Why aren't you banned?
He is!

Back to top Go down

Post by broketrucker Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
broketrucker wrote:

Why aren't you banned?
He is!

Nice! Laughing

broketrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next