Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 Empty Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Good news. I called SMECO (electric company) and they were willing to extend the date for me to pay my overdue balance, because of my good standing, to Oct. 3. They would've cut off my power on Friday. I'm applying for the Maryland Energy Assistance Program but the office isn't answering their phones and I don't want to drive 40 miles one way and find the office closed. I've got all the paperwork and docs ready.. just need to keep calling. Sad American mentioned that they might be overloaded due to Hurricane Irene. Needless to say the last month has been overwhelming.

Also, the guy that had been cutting my lawn is here and is doing it for free.

Good to know that there are some kind hearted people in this world. Please keep me in your prayers.

Rhi
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Talked to BOA a bit ago. Seems like my brother, the executor hasn't kept up with things. BOA still hasn't gotten mom's death certificate. Gave him his number and email. My brother is a frelling jerk! Only cares about himself. So sad... karma and paybacks are hell.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by ricky Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

Why did you talk to BOA? whats the hurry? you dont want them to start foreclosure proceedings do you? no one is ordering you out. No one has set a court date....

you brother maybe doing you a favor....just keep quiet ....if you told someone your mom died well they might put your foreclosue at the top of the list instead of the bottom.

you need as much time as possible....to raise money organize and sell stuff...just read every notice that comes in the mail....

PS I hope you talked to an airhead chicky-poo instead of an adult. she probably would forget what you said, and wont call your brother.....

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:54 am

ricky wrote:

PS I hope you talked to an airhead chicky-poo instead of an adult. she probably would forget what you said, and wont call your brother.....
Let's not be sexist, ricky! I actually hope she talked to some young wanna-be stud muffin dickhead that doesn't think with his brain. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Peace Play nice, everybody!

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:32 pm

ricky wrote:Why did you talk to BOA? whats the hurry? you dont want them to start foreclosure proceedings do you? no one is ordering you out. No one has set a court date....

you brother maybe doing you a favor....just keep quiet ....if you told someone your mom died well they might put your foreclosue at the top of the list instead of the bottom.

you need as much time as possible....to raise money organize and sell stuff...just read every notice that comes in the mail....

My brother had already spoken with BOA and faxed the death certificate and homeowners insurance information. They have a habit of "misplacing" paperwork.

When they called late last night I failed to check the caller ID. They just called a little while ago and I let the answering machine pick it up. Funny that they never leave a message.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 pm

rhi, I am hoping and praying for you. I know you don't want to hear this, but Social Services will provide you with legal assistance for something like this. If it would help, aggrevation or not, go for it. Unless you have a friend or a member here that know the mortgage legalities, I wouldn't try and navigate this alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 pm

This makes me ask the question, what happened to the will? Shouldn't that sort a lot of this out?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:54 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:This makes me ask the question, what happened to the will? Shouldn't that sort a lot of this out?
It should, and a copy can be obtained at the County Executive's office (I gave her the information). If there is no will, then it goes to probate.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:This makes me ask the question, what happened to the will? Shouldn't that sort a lot of this out?
It should, and a copy can be obtained at the County Executive's office (I gave her the information). If there is no will, then it goes to probate.

I KNOW for a fact that Mom redid her will maybe 3-4 years ago and the guy that was here helping her with it said he would file it. When my brother asked if there was a will updated from the one he had that was from 1978 I told him yes. He checked with the Registry of Wills here in St. Mary's County and they said they had nothing on file. But he mentioned that the fact that I'm on the deed that the house would automatically go to me.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 pm

The doesn't have to be on file. If you can find a newer will that will suffice. It could be contested though
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:05 am

Beg your pardon. Im new here but is dis legal matters to de site or should dis be private? totaly.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:49 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:The doesn't have to be on file. If you can find a newer will that will suffice. It could be contested though

No reason to contest the will. Mom had no estate. It was one month ago today that mom went into the hospital... and it's all coming back to me. Strange that two of my three brothers are treating me like crap now. And mom's church members have also seem to have forgotten me. Don't understand this. When I was at the reception after the funeral they seemed so willing to help... now nothing. (:
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:54 pm

right, because that is what they are supposed to say then, now it's business as usual.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 pm

OH NO.....that is bad news if you are on the deed then you are responsible for the mortage.. just like a co-signer.....unless she had life insurance on the FULL mortage amount........and usually the insurance terminates if you are behind on the mortgage or in foreclosure.

But he mentioned that the fact that I'm on the deed that the house would automatically go to me.

Last edited by ricky on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:18 pm

ricky wrote:OH NO.....that is bad news if you are on the deed then you are responsible for the mortage.. just like a co-signer.....unless she had life insurance on the FULL mortage amount

But he mentioned that the fact that I'm on the deed that the house would automatically go to me.

I want good news NOT bad ricky so back off.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:22 pm

I really really wish i could......but is the mortgage paid up to date?

Becuase now everything becomes a MATH problem. As long as you are on the deed.

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 pm

ricky wrote:I really really wish i could......but is the mortgage paid up to date?

You want some MATH RICK THE DICK. OBAMA + a SUPPORTIVE CONGRESS = REAL HOPE and CHANGE! Twisted Evil

JERKOFF!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
ricky wrote:I really really wish i could......but is the mortgage paid up to date?

You want some MATH RICK THE DICK. OBAMA + a SUPPORTIVE CONGRESS = REAL HOPE and CHANGE! Twisted Evil

JERKOFF!

LMAO Getthem!!! Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates - Page 2 780423
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:13 am

Exodus wrote:Beg your pardon. Im new here but is dis legal matters to de site or should dis be private? totaly.

Yes, there's a point in which advice in certain areas is better sought through legal channels. I'd like to make it very clear that any advice provided by our good forum members that is taken into consideration cannot be held against any member should the provided advice or suggestion be acted on and the consequences not turn out in this member's good interest.

Thanks.

Last edited by X on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:20 am

Rhi, you're going through a tough time. Please stay strong and know that better days lie ahead, however that may seem impossible at this moment.

There's a lot of caring friends here. Hang in there... Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

X wrote:Rhi, you're going through a tough time. Please stay strong and know that better days lie ahead, however that may seem impossible at this moment.

There's a lot of caring friends here. Hang in there... Jeff

Thanks Jeff. It's tough enough going through this grieving but I'm getting no support from two of my three brothers and it hurts. One just said "good luck" and the other told me to grieve and get a job. They don't have a clue as to what it's like out there. My other brother was recently laid off. He's 63 and thinks he'll be back to work in no time. Yea, right.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2