Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Good news. I called SMECO (electric company) and they were willing to extend the date for me to pay my overdue balance, because of my good standing, to Oct. 3. They would've cut off my power on Friday. I'm applying for the Maryland Energy Assistance Program but the office isn't answering their phones and I don't want to drive 40 miles one way and find the office closed. I've got all the paperwork and docs ready.. just need to keep calling. Sad American mentioned that they might be overloaded due to Hurricane Irene. Needless to say the last month has been overwhelming.

Also, the guy that had been cutting my lawn is here and is doing it for free.

Good to know that there are some kind hearted people in this world. Please keep me in your prayers.

Rhi

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:31 pm

This is great news rhi. I am so happy it's falling into place somewhat. God Bless the man cutting your lawn. There are good people in this world and you are one of them and so is Sad American and many, many here. We are all pulling for you. You will have good days and bad days, just take them one at a time, and don't forget we are all here.

Big hug for you!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 pm

OMG... I just called my oldest bro because he emailed saying he filed Mom's will that was filed in 1978 and he had it sent down to St. Mary's County here in Maryland. He said I need to send them documentation because I changed my name and then got married.

When I told him my first priority was keeping my electricity on all he could say is "good luck". Oh yeah, he rambled on about getting assistance but he hasn't got a clue!!

Here's to you Ed. .!. Sorry, I'm pissed.

Rhi

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Download and print this application - send it out ASAP to the address below for the MEAP office in St. Mary's County. Keep calling the numbers listed below, however, upon receipt of your application, they will call you to schedule an appointment. In some hardship cases, they will come to your home for the interview.

They advise not waiting until a few days before your utilities are about to be shut off. Print it out and send it tomorrow! Good luck!

http://dhr.maryland.gov/ohep/pdf/ohepap12.pdf

St. Mary's County

Southern MD Tri County Community Action Committee, Inc.
Luther Stuckey Bldg.
Box 280, 371 Leonardtown Road
Hughesville, MD 20637-0280
(410) 535-1010 / 301-274-4474
1(800) 255-5313

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

rhiannonj wrote:OMG... I just called my oldest bro because he emailed saying he filed Mom's will that was filed in 1978 and he had it sent down to St. Mary's County here in Maryland. He said I need to send them documentation because I changed my name and then got married.

When I told him my first priority was keeping my electricity on all he could say is "good luck". Oh yeah, he rambled on about getting assistance but he hasn't got a clue!!

Here's to you Ed. .!. Sorry, I'm pissed.

Rhi
I have been through this in the state of Maryland. You need to request in writing to the County Administrator's office a copy of your mom's will, along with a copy of the death certificate. Change of name, getting married, etc. doesn't matter. I did it less than two years ago in Anne Arundel County. My maiden name was listed in my dad's will, and insurance certificates - I didn't have to prove anything, I just needed to provide my SS number (can't remember if I had to send them a copy of it, but it is no big deal). Same thing for my 4 sisters, all of whom are married and now have different last names.

I'll look up the County Exec's Probate address for you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Download and print this application - send it out ASAP to the address below for the MEAP office in St. Mary's County. Keep calling the numbers listed below, however, upon receipt of your application, they will call you to schedule an appointment. In some hardship cases, they will come to your home for the interview.

They advise not waiting until a few days before your utilities are about to be shut off. Print it out and send it tomorrow! Good luck!

http://dhr.maryland.gov/ohep/pdf/ohepap12.pdf

St. Mary's County

Southern MD Tri County Community Action Committee, Inc.
Luther Stuckey Bldg.
Box 280, 371 Leonardtown Road
Hughesville, MD 20637-0280
(410) 535-1010 / 301-274-4474
1(800) 255-5313

I've already filled out the app and have the docs DIR. Oh, and found out that this is the wrong address... it's 8371 Leonardtown Road.

I am so fricking tired I could spit.





Last edited by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Rhi, send it to the post office box - it is much quicker! Have you tried all 3 phone numbers? If you have, call Annapolis! I also gave you the contact info for case aides for Senator Barb and Cardin. CALL THEM! They will help you, especially Barbara Mikulski's!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm

DIR, I'll try calling MEAP tomorrow again and yes I've tried everything number I've come across. Finally found a number to contact Barb and will give that a go tomorrow as well.

Right now I am so whiped out from all of this.

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by ricky on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Please spend the few dollars and sent it certified return reciept on all mail.....trust me some guvmint lackey will say they never received it.


Rhi, send it to the post office box - it is much quicker!

ricky
Banned
Banned

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm

rhiannonj wrote:DIR, I'll try calling MEAP tomorrow again and yes I've tried everything number I've come across. Finally found a number to contact Barb and will give that a go tomorrow as well.

Right now I am so whiped out from all of this.
Start here tomorrow:

St. Mary's County County Administrator:

George C. Forrest
301 476-4200

St. Mary's County Office of Community Services:

Cynthia Brown
301 475-4632

St. Mary's County Dept. of Social Services:

Ella May Russell
249 895-7000

Believe me, I know how wiped out you are, but you cannot stop or give up. My SNAP annual renewal is in a few days - that is the last thing I want to do and have put it off until the last minute praying I wouldn't need it. In times like this, you have to keep going, it is difficult, I know, but you can do it!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Will do ricky. Copied everything and ready to go out.

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
rhiannonj wrote:DIR, I'll try calling MEAP tomorrow again and yes I've tried everything number I've come across. Finally found a number to contact Barb and will give that a go tomorrow as well.

Right now I am so whiped out from all of this.
Start here tomorrow:

St. Mary's County County Administrator:

George C. Forrest
301 476-4200

St. Mary's County Office of Community Services:

Cynthia Brown
301 475-4632

St. Mary's County Dept. of Social Services:

Ella May Russell
249 895-7000

Believe me, I know how wiped out you are, but you cannot stop or give up. My SNAP annual renewal is in a few days - that is the last thing I want to do and have put it off until the last minute praying I wouldn't need it. In times like this, you have to keep going, it is difficult, I know, but you can do it!

I'm doing the best I can DIR. Mom hasn't even been buried yet. Her funeral was less than two weeks ago and I'm grieving big time. No one seems to understand.

Rhi

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:13 pm

ricky wrote:Please spend the few dollars and sent it certified return reciept on all mail.....trust me some guvmint lackey will say they never received it.


Rhi, send it to the post office box - it is much quicker!

Ricky spell it right you bagger in hiding GOVERNMENT! FU#CING LOUSE!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Rhiannon,
I completely understand. Every one grieves in their own time and in their own way. My family has suffered through 5 deaths in the matter of a 2 year period, starting in march 2008. 3 of them were very young, immediate family, and taken way too soon. We finally went a whole 1yr without a death this past year. I'm still grieving over them all. there are many stages of grief. No one knows how long, how soon, or how hard one "must" grieve. If you feel the need to cry then cry, let it all out. Just remember to take care of yourself and try not to lose yourself in it. Its very easy to get consumed in our doom. We are all here for you, please remember that you are not alone. It only happened a few weeks ago, don't be so hard on yourself and remember to breathe. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm

smindles wrote:
ricky wrote:Please spend the few dollars and sent it certified return reciept on all mail.....trust me some guvmint lackey will say they never received it.


Rhi, send it to the post office box - it is much quicker!

Ricky spell it right you bagger in hiding GOVERNMENT! FU#CING LOUSE!

Play nice Smindles! no

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
smindles wrote:
ricky wrote:Please spend the few dollars and sent it certified return reciept on all mail.....trust me some guvmint lackey will say they never received it.


Rhi, send it to the post office box - it is much quicker!

Ricky spell it right you bagger in hiding GOVERNMENT! FU#CING LOUSE!

Play nice Smindles! no

Be nice to ricky. He's made some good suggestions. Better than my frelling caseworker has. At least with my initiative I've got some leeway with SMECO. I'll be mailing off the paperwork to MEAP tomorrow via certified mail.

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Rhi, spend an extra 50 cents or so and send it regular mail also. State offices have a bad habit of not signing or picking up certified mail.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Ok, I'm off to bed. I'm so confused now I can't think. One person says send certified and another says regular mail.

Accck!!! My head hurts.

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:02 am

Good night rhiannon, I hope tomorrow is a better day and bit easier for you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

Guess I should send it both.. certified and regular. Need to print out another set of docs. Tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes S&T.. and happy birthday girlfriend. Smile

Hugs,
Rhi

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 am

tiya wrote:Rhi, spend an extra 50 cents or so and send it regular mail also. State offices have a bad habit of not signing or picking up certified mail.

Sorry to sy track, but tiya you are beyond da door. Wow. Yes 50 cents and go go go.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks rhi!

Sending both ways is a great idea!! Sounds like a good solution to me!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by rhiannonj on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Just reflecting...

Why do close family members suddenly no longer care after the funeral is over. Mom hasn't even been buried yet. My oldest brother said "good luck" with keeping my power on. I would think this would be a time when family would come together. Guess I'm living an illusion. I go to bed in fear every night worrying about how I'm gonna keep this all together. If it weren't for my kitties god knows where I would be.

My caseworker sucks. All she did Monday is to do an "assesment" of me. She has been no help at all. She made me feel that I'm emotionally unstable. Well hell yea.. who wouldn't be after what I've been through over the last few years... losing unemployment benefits, Mom's health going downhill, being her caregiver and then watching her literally die in her bedroom.

Still can't go into her bedroom. It's too painful.

All I can say is there is a part of me that is holding on and has faith.. that somehow something will work out.

God bless you all for your support.. this forum and my friends here is the only way I'm getting through it atm. Mom's church seems to have deserted me because I'm not a "member". Sad. They were always here to help when Mom was alive. I just don't understand that.

Thanks for listening... just needed to vent.

Love, hugs and blessings
Rhi

s

rhiannonj
Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 64
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 pm

hi rhi. Sorry that you aren't having a good day today. I can't answer why family does these things. I would also think that people would stick together, but they don't. I wish I had an answer for you. Just know I am here as we all are.

Hold out some hope, caseworkers do have a protocol. She won't be able to answer you about benefits, they will do an evaluation, just like getting food stamps etc. You will be notified. Did she recommend you get some help or counseling to help you through for a while. It may seem like she is making a judgement, but hold on a bit, she may come through. Rhi, there are many churches, not just your Mom's. They will help you, many have food pantry's and won't require you to contribute if you are unemployed.

We are all here, just stick with us. We will all get through this together.

Sending you a hug and lot's of love.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Sad American on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey, girlfriend! It makes me sad that your family is treating you so badly. Mine wouldn't. My husband envies our closeness. (I even love my bagger baby brother.) His family is another story.
One day at a time.
I have a meeting until late tonight. I'll catch up tomorrow.

Sad American
Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Riverside, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Just thought I'd start a new thread about my updates

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum