Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00132#position

This is why I HATE them so much! I know people who lost EVERYTHING! They are CRUEL, HEARTLESS SOBs that deserve to ROT IN HELL! Twisted Evil

Notice they are all Republicans. There is NO spin here just facts. I was here and saw first hand bridges that are GONE now. Homes GONE, LIVES GONE!


NAYs ---38
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kirk (R-IL)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lee (R-UT)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Paul (R-KY)
Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Wicker (R-MS)


gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down


Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by mistermunster on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:20 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Is still a country?

Burma is now officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.

mistermunster
Member

Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-02-19
Age : 54
Location : ca

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by JoanB on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm

It ain't no shaving cream. It apparently depends upon who you ask. According to the CIA World Factbook (which is actually a decent one-stop-shopping source for some things):

Since 1989 the military authorities in Burma have promoted the name Myanmar as a conventional name for their state; the US Government did not adopt the name, which is a derivative of the Burmese short-form name Myanma Naingngandaw.

So I guess that they are calling themselves Myanmar (that's what I thought), but we are officially having none of it. That would be just like us, wouldn't it?

JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by lendmeflight2 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:43 pm

What could this bill be about?

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by JoanB on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:22 am

Beats me...truth, do you have a link to what you saw?

JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:29 am

tristen303 wrote:I'm more confused then ever now, truth so who put the stuff in the bill the GOP or the DEMS? MaryKay I understand your point and agree to a certain extent but I also understand that if every bill that morally should be passed has other add ons placed in it just because of that then that is morally wrong too, further the only way to stop that path way is to close it.

DUDE let me get to the point, WE NEED HELP! crap GOT F#CKED UP!!!!! Not kidding bridges I have crossed for 20 years are GONE! F@UCKIN REBULID THEM AND NOOOOOOOOOOOW! OK????? GEEEEEZE!


Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by truth on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 am

Here you go, Joan:

http://democrats.senate.gov/2011/09/14/now-considering-h-j-res-66-cloture-filed/

I too wondered at Congress calling the country Burma.

truth
Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by truth on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 am

The Burma thing caused me a lot of grief. I wanted to research H.J. Res. 66 after reading tristen's post, and all I could find were references to Burma. I spent a lot of time in head-scratching, What the heck mode. Trying to figure out what goes on in Congress is not a task for the easily discouraged.

truth
Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by truth on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 am

Sorry about that, moderators. I'll use 'heck' in the future.

truth
Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 am

How about a reason to hold back money? Real; PEOPLE NEED REAL HELP. Where is the KINDNESS?????????????????????

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:How about a reason to hold back money? Real; PEOPLE NEED REAL HELP. Where is the KINDNESS?????????????????????
It isn't just the point of "kindness". President Obama declared states of emergency in several states - RI was one of them. Maybe this is no big deal to all the lawmakers that voted "no" for disaster relief for the states that were hit hard, but I lost about $300 worth of food after 4 days with no power. To me, that is a disaster! Why give the President that power if it can't be used?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 am

truth wrote:Sorry about that, moderators. I'll use 'heck' in the future.
lol! I believe we are all adults here who are facing some very hard times. Believe me, I have heard worse!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by truth on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Here's an update on the disaster aid bill:

http://www.wlfi.com/dpps/news/politics/congress/senate-approves-7b-disaster-aid-plan-nt11-jpe_3943072


truth
Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:01 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:How about a reason to hold back money? Real; PEOPLE NEED REAL HELP. Where is the KINDNESS?????????????????????
It isn't just the point of "kindness". President Obama declared states of emergency in several states - RI was one of them. Maybe this is no big deal to all the lawmakers that voted "no" for disaster relief for the states that were hit hard, but I lost about $300 worth of food after 4 days with no power. To me, that is a disaster! Why give the President that power if it can't be used?

Same here, did you fill out your fema packet? It seems they won't help. I have to file more paperwork with the Red Cross.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:How about a reason to hold back money? Real; PEOPLE NEED REAL HELP. Where is the KINDNESS?????????????????????
It isn't just the point of "kindness". President Obama declared states of emergency in several states - RI was one of them. Maybe this is no big deal to all the lawmakers that voted "no" for disaster relief for the states that were hit hard, but I lost about $300 worth of food after 4 days with no power. To me, that is a disaster! Why give the President that power if it can't be used?

Same here, did you fill out your fema packet? It seems they won't help. I have to file more paperwork with the Red Cross.
I just found out a little while ago that tomorrow I can go to Human Services, won't have to wait in line, special tables are set up, fill out a form claiming the amount I lost due to the power outages and it will be on my EBT card by tomorrow afternoon.

I'll bet that must make the anti-entitlement members very angry!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Wow, that's great news. I will have to check into that here in NJ, I haven't received any info yet, but my losses were only food due to no power, unlike so many who really are suffering so I can wait.

And, who cares what the anti entitlement people think. They are able to register and collect damages as well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by JoanB on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 pm

It makes me happy.
Very Happy

JoanB
Member

Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:How about a reason to hold back money? Real; PEOPLE NEED REAL HELP. Where is the KINDNESS?????????????????????
It isn't just the point of "kindness". President Obama declared states of emergency in several states - RI was one of them. Maybe this is no big deal to all the lawmakers that voted "no" for disaster relief for the states that were hit hard, but I lost about $300 worth of food after 4 days with no power. To me, that is a disaster! Why give the President that power if it can't be used?

Same here, did you fill out your fema packet? It seems they won't help. I have to file more paperwork with the Red Cross.
I just found out a little while ago that tomorrow I can go to Human Services, won't have to wait in line, special tables are set up, fill out a form claiming the amount I lost due to the power outages and it will be on my EBT card by tomorrow afternoon.

I'll bet that must make the anti-entitlement members very angry!

Happy dance Good, ricky had nothing to say for his NONSENSE!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

You are good, getthem! How did you know who I was referring to?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:41 pm

DesperateInRI wrote: You are good, getthem! How did you know who I was referring to?

His caveman MATH gave it away. Razz

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by mistermunster on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote: You are good, getthem! How did you know who I was referring to?

His caveman MATH gave it away. Razz

OOK + OOK x UGH - GRUNT = Conservatism!!!!
LMAO

mistermunster
Member

Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-02-19
Age : 54
Location : ca

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:12 pm

mistermunster wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote: You are good, getthem! How did you know who I was referring to?

His caveman MATH gave it away. Razz

OOK + OOK x UGH - GRUNT = Conservatism!!!!
LMAO

Yea the real Land of the Lost. Sleezstacks were smarter.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by tristen303 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Careful now, don't let your brains go to your heads guys


tristen303
Member

Posts : 663
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 pm

tristen303 wrote:Careful now, don't let your brains go to your heads guys


Are you too smart for a sense of humor too? Razz

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by tristen303 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 pm

No I thought what I said was funny

tristen303
Member

Posts : 663
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by tristen303 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Here for my brother from another party

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, a Compassionate Conservative and a Mean Conservative are walking down the street. They see a $100 bill lying on the ground. Who gets it?


tristen303
Member

Posts : 663
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: List of our leaders that voted against relief for Irene

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:45 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum