Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by americatheneedy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I was a McDonalds today and this particular McDonald's had a sign stating it was hiring, to stop by on Tuesdays- A great big sign. This lady came in and asked for an application and this arrogant manager told her good luck-you and about 5000 other folks want one and we aren't hiring??? This McDonalds literally had over 90% Hispanics working, I'm only saing 90% because I didn't search the place for employees and I actually saw 100%-I did not hear ONE word of English the entire time I was there. I intentionally listened thinking that someone would have to speak to a customer eventually, but it was slow, so no English yet.
I tried to order and was IGNORED while the Latino workers continued carrying on their conversations in Spanish. I was just plain shocked. I sat down to wait on a friend who would not have known where I went, and then observed the unemployed ENGLISH speaking lady being told-ever so arrogantly-
they have no jobs. Let people start arguing this or that, calling me racist, blah blah blah, I SAW it with my own eyes and sat there completely disgusted until my friend showed up and I left-hungry. So, to those of you who tell me immigrants (legal or not)are only taking jobs Americans won't do-explain this one. I felt so sick to my stomach and sorry for that lady, I thought of people on here too.

americatheneedy
Member

Posts : 311
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by mistermunster on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm

I see that a lot in San Diego too.

mistermunster
Member

Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-02-19
Age : 54
Location : ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by Sad American on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I can't even APPLY for most minimum wage jobs here in Southern California because I'm NOT BILINGUAL!
I get really angry when "they" say: "Who will pick the crops?" Only 3% of illegals work in the fields! The rest have taken taken over construction, janitorial, etc., as well as all the service-oriented jobs that teenagers used to have...
People on the boards have called me a racist, get over it, learn Spanish, etc. which if funny because my name was "Castro" and it ain't Cuban.
My husband was a union carpenter in the 80s until the illegals took over that occupation. Now construction jobs want 1 licensed plumber, electrician, carpenter who speaks Spanish and all the rest are illegals. But "they" continue to say illegals take the jobs we won't do - the dirty, hard jobs. Yeah, right.


Sad American
Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Riverside, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by WilliamsonAngel on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 pm

In areas where a particular "minority" is the majority, there is typically racism towards people who aren't of that minority, especially people whose families have been in the states for generations. (In Nor Cal, Asians and Hispanics were very racist towards Blacks and Whites (who got along decently well together).)

This sort of racism isn't widely spoken about or acknowledged.

WilliamsonAngel
Member

Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Austin, TX

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by wausauguy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:35 am

Thank you for sharing. The political correctness and ignorance of the damage done by lowering wages needs to be addressed.
Reverse racism or reverse preference (whatever it should be called) here is big in public sector hiring.
I find myself getting upset when I hear stuff at church and meetings about how priviliged white males have been. I could take it in good times but now, I am the one in need and noone and not even the programs I paid into are there for me. Long term unemployed have nothing helping them get a chance to get back working. I wish I had the ability to blame my race for not getting the many hundreds of jobs I applied for, many of which I have education and experience for.
I guess I am a bit angry...Smile

wausauguy
Member

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by west4 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Sad American wrote:I can't even APPLY for most minimum wage jobs here in Southern California because I'm NOT BILINGUAL!
I get really angry when "they" say: "Who will pick the crops?" Only 3% of illegals work in the fields! The rest have taken taken over construction, janitorial, etc., as well as all the service-oriented jobs that teenagers used to have...
People on the boards have called me a racist, get over it, learn Spanish, etc. which if funny because my name was "Castro" and it ain't Cuban.
My husband was a union carpenter in the 80s until the illegals took over that occupation. Now construction jobs want 1 licensed plumber, electrician, carpenter who speaks Spanish and all the rest are illegals. But "they" continue to say illegals take the jobs we won't do - the dirty, hard jobs. Yeah, right.

How do spanish speaking people who can't speak english get jobs then if you have to be bilingual? If they spoke english why is it that just about everything is now in spanish. And not just in governmental publications or when you call a governmental agency. Even when you call just about all big private companies that sell to consumers you always hear for espanol emprime el numero dos.

west4
Member

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

welcome to the new America that is being given away!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by west4 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

americatheneedy wrote:I was a McDonalds today and this particular McDonald's had a sign stating it was hiring, to stop by on Tuesdays- A great big sign. This lady came in and asked for an application and this arrogant manager told her good luck-you and about 5000 other folks want one and we aren't hiring??? This McDonalds literally had over 90% Hispanics working, I'm only saing 90% because I didn't search the place for employees and I actually saw 100%-I did not hear ONE word of English the entire time I was there. I intentionally listened thinking that someone would have to speak to a customer eventually, but it was slow, so no English yet.
I tried to order and was IGNORED while the Latino workers continued carrying on their conversations in Spanish. I was just plain shocked. I sat down to wait on a friend who would not have known where I went, and then observed the unemployed ENGLISH speaking lady being told-ever so arrogantly-
they have no jobs. Let people start arguing this or that, calling me racist, blah blah blah, I SAW it with my own eyes and sat there completely disgusted until my friend showed up and I left-hungry. So, to those of you who tell me immigrants (legal or not)are only taking jobs Americans won't do-explain this one. I felt so sick to my stomach and sorry for that lady, I thought of people on here too.
if this isn't discrimation on the basis of race, national origin, then nothing else is. Is there at least one lawyer that would sue McDonald over this?



west4
Member

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Try the Mctaco! Or Mcburrito!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by windeecity on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:49 pm

This is why I could not find a job for the last 3.5 years, nearly all the jobs require you be bilingual. I finally landed a temp assignment a few monhs ago, but that is coming to a close soon, and no I won't learn Spanish!

2010
United States Census reported that Oxnard, CA 145,551 people (73.5% were Hispanic or Latino, of any race.

2000
As of the census of 2000,Two-thirds of the population (66.2%) was Hispanic or Latino of any race.

windeecity
Member

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 63
Location : Port Hueneme, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by jchapman on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

wausauguy wrote:Thank you for sharing. The political correctness and ignorance of the damage done by lowering wages needs to be addressed.
Reverse racism or reverse preference (whatever it should be called) here is big in public sector hiring.
I find myself getting upset when I hear stuff at church and meetings about how priviliged white males have been. I could take it in good times but now, I am the one in need and noone and not even the programs I paid into are there for me. Long term unemployed have nothing helping them get a chance to get back working. I wish I had the ability to blame my race for not getting the many hundreds of jobs I applied for, many of which I have education and experience for.
I guess I am a bit angry...Smile
Legally there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. If a person is denied an economic opportunity because of his or her race, religion, sex, or ethnicity, this is a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If a person is excluded from consideration for a job because of any race or ethnicity, it is discrimination(no adjective). If you feel that you have been discriminated against because you are of any particular race, you should contact the EEOC to file a complaint.
Also, anyone 40 years of age or older can file a complaint if you feel that you have been discriminated against because of age. In either event, you must be able to prove your case.

jchapman
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by americatheneedy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Sure I'm sure all those latinos will step right up and verify what I saw.

People (EEOC) know things like this and age discrimination are going on they just choose to do nothing about it because it isn't fitting in with the PC administration. They CHOOSE which laws they will enforce.

americatheneedy
Member

Posts : 311
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:54 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum