Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

+9
CLO
lendmeflight2
sbraney
JoanB
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
stillnutty
Sad American
gettheminNOVEMBER
tristen303
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Empty BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by tristen303 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey Getthem I started this thinking of you (I think your from NY). Hope your not in the path. I hope all the members in those areas will be ok..sending positive vibes.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by rhiannonj Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Does anyone here know why a section of my carpet down here in the family room is wet after the hurricane? I tried putting a towel over the area but it got saturated. Right now I have a fan blowing towards it. Have the fan way outta contact with the damp carpet. Haven't seen any leaks anywhere.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

It sounds like you have a leak where water gets in when it hits a high mark. My parents basement is the same way, if it rains above a certain amount it floods. Maybe you just had too much rain.

You need to keep an eye on it because mold will develop if you aren't careful and that will be a bad problem.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm

DespinRi lost power due to the storm. I heard from her briefly yesterdaybut not today. As soon as I hear I will let everyone know.

Glad all of you are safe!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Our power is back, much of NJ still out. We are flooded all over the place, roads, houses etc. For the most part, this section of town is intact. Mostly, street flooding, trees down, power and debris everywhere. No reported injuries or fatalities, which is the best blessing, but I don't think we will every dry out.

Hoping the rest of our members are fairing okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:DespinRi lost power due to the storm. I heard from her briefly yesterdaybut not today. As soon as I hear I will let everyone know.

Glad all of you are safe!
Thanks for the update.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 pm

One good thing came out of this storm! my husband got called in to work in CT to help restore power to the 500k plus homes without electricity. He is going to be there at least a week and the pay is beyond excellent!!!!! It will keep us going for months. There are currently 800 crews on standby from all over the country that are responsible for clean up/repair. My husbands crew has 50 people in it, another from fla has 100 and there are lots, lots more! Everything is paid for, hotel, food, gas etc. CT got it real bad. Hubby says the bosses dont even know where to begin. They are working on a strategy now. I feel guilty saying this, but this hurricane put thousands of people back to work temporarily.

I hope all is well with all who were effected! Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:One good thing came out of this storm! my husband got called in to work in CT to help restore power to the 500k plus homes without electricity. He is going to be there at least a week and the pay is beyond excellent!!!!! It will keep us going for months. There are currently 800 crews on standby from all over the country that are responsible for clean up/repair. My husbands crew has 50 people in it, another from fla has 100 and there are lots, lots more! Everything is paid for, hotel, food, gas etc. CT got it real bad. Hubby says the bosses dont even know where to begin. They are working on a strategy now. I feel guilty saying this, but this hurricane put thousands of people back to work temporarily.

SnT you know I m from CT, and yes many are hurting here right now. But for MOST it will be temporary, a week or so, nothing compared to what we ve gone through. So I am very happy you re husband got the call!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 pm

S&T, none of us would say that the recent disaster is the way we would want to see people get some work, but I can't think of a more fitting time for the old saying: "it's an ill wind that blows no good." I am so glad that he is working, and am also glad that the people of Connecticut have a good man working hard to get the lights back on.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks Joan! Smile He is very good at what he does, he's a perfectionist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm

stillnutty wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:One good thing came out of this storm! my husband got called in to work in CT to help restore power to the 500k plus homes without electricity. He is going to be there at least a week and the pay is beyond excellent!!!!! It will keep us going for months. There are currently 800 crews on standby from all over the country that are responsible for clean up/repair. My husbands crew has 50 people in it, another from fla has 100 and there are lots, lots more! Everything is paid for, hotel, food, gas etc. CT got it real bad. Hubby says the bosses dont even know where to begin. They are working on a strategy now. I feel guilty saying this, but this hurricane put thousands of people back to work temporarily.

SnT you know I m from CT, and yes many are hurting here right now. But for MOST it will be temporary, a week or so, nothing compared to what we ve gone through. So I am very happy you re husband got the call!!

Thanks Nutty! I guess some of the crews got power to some areas. Are you without power? My husbands crew is starting their electrical repair work tomorrow morning. He said they had to wait to be told where to go. He is now staying at Coco Keys, I'm not sure what part of CT that is but that area is where power should be restored next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 am

Don't want to sound like a nagging Mother, but please all, regardless of the good weather we are now having, be mindful of reports that the grounds are still saturated, trees are still at risk of falling, taking power lines and causing damage. We are getting cleared up in NJ in certain areas, but we had two additional trees and outages last night again. We are still looking at three creeks and two rivers that have flood stage high tides for another two days. Just please all be careful. We had a former neighbor killed yesterday afternoon while clearing his sewer, he was sucked in. It's still dangerous in some circumstances. Don't want any friends hurt or worse. Be careful. Please know I am saying prayers for all and your families.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 am

Well we just got power back. My town got hit hard, I am off this entire week. The lab I worked in was flooded. Should be back to normal by Monday.

Here are some pictures of my House.

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Flood_10

This is my front step the water came right up to the second step. Some of my neighbors had to leave and one has a tree on their house. I call it Karma because they are AZZholes.

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Flood_11

This is my front yard and driveway which was a one foot river for a day.

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 4 Flood_12

This is the back yard which was turned into a river as well.

I have to say that was some scary CHIT!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 am

Glad you re ok getthem! Little info Yanks beat Sox 5-2 last night. Hope that brings a small smile to your face!

SnT, I was REAL lucky, lights flicked but stayed on. 370,000 still w o here in CT this morn.

Hoping RI is fairing ok and gets her power back soon!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:02 pm

stillnutty wrote:Glad you re ok getthem! Little info Yanks beat Sox 5-2 last night. Hope that brings a small smile to your face!

SnT, I was REAL lucky, lights flicked but stayed on. 370,000 still w o here in CT this morn.

Hoping RI is fairing ok and gets her power back soon!!

I have a generator and a radio so I could hear the game. I have over 1000 dvds to so I have something to do. Looks like I will be working Friday to Sunday to make up some hours. All in all not too bad. I spent 70 bucks on gas though to keep the generator going.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:31 pm

getthem, so glad you are all okay. Other than the new addition of a river, you have a lovely home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Glad power has come back for some. Desp is still powerless and probably all week.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:45 pm

Good to hear power has come back for you guys. Still waiting on when my MIL will get power back on Long Island.

P.S. Nice home GETTHEM, despite the river. Take care!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

wow getthem! you need a paddle boat to get out of your yard!! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:Thanks Joan! Smile He is very good at what he does, he's a perfectionist.

Maybe when they see what a great worker he is, it will lead to full time work. There was a time when that happened to my husband. He wants to prove himself again if only they would give him a chance and stop discriminating. Congratulations to your hubby!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by iamworthy Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks all for praying for all of us during the Northeaster-hurricane-Irene. I wish the leaders of our great country were as responsive as the team at the shelter I ended in.

iamworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by iamworthy Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:58 pm

My join day is way off!! I have been part of the old site longer-perhaps that is why the newer date. Just to update I'm still pounding the pavement in search of job--still broke--still determined-and though my body-mind-spirit have weakened from poverty-and loss of a life style--I'm hanging in there! My faith could not be stronger-- we will prevail!! We will all be independent-prospering-contributing citizens again--hopefully-not in some temp job-where our lives continue to fall off kilter-but in stable careers that put a turkey dinner on our table of beautiful Thanksgiving. We know there are leaders standing out there in front to represent us. They may be few daring enough to take on the opposition--but that is all it takes to turn the tides-one voice-one ripple can begin a thousand more. Don't hold our hands-hold our mission.

iamworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:20 am

Hoping each day gets a little better for everyone. We are on and off with the power, trees still coming down here and there causing issues. As of tonight, unless we get some more rain which unfortunately is forecasted, we should be below flood stage by tomorrow at this time on the three remaining creeks and rivers that are our biggest threats. I am not sure about those in central and northern parts of the state though. Trenton is still having some pretty serious issues and a mess to clean up. It's been all week with the tree services, chippers, power companies, gas company was on site all day yesterday checking for water in the lines and investigating "foreign odors" which is guess is gas leaks, but I never got an answer.

Stay safe and cautious. Miss you all.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for checking in, you guys. Hope things dry out soon for all of you!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:44 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:Thanks Joan! Smile He is very good at what he does, he's a perfectionist.

Maybe when they see what a great worker he is, it will lead to full time work. There was a time when that happened to my husband. He wants to prove himself again if only they would give him a chance and stop discriminating. Congratulations to your hubby!

Thanks! It just so happens that the foreman of his crew is the unions business managers brother. the business manager was at our wedding and was very good friends with my father in law. my husband says he is confident he will come home with a permanent job. Very Happy

I sincerely hope your hubby gets that chance again too!!! The discrimination is horrible. At my work the other day a woman came in and asked for an application. She out right asked if the owner hires people who have been out of work for a few years. She was so nervous and anxious and I felt horrible for her. I told YES she does hire unemployed people no matter how long they have been out. I told her she hired me and I was a stay at home mom and except for a few minor jobs I hadn't worked steady for 15 years.

You and your hubby are in my prayers. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next