Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

+9
CLO
lendmeflight2
sbraney
JoanB
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
stillnutty
Sad American
gettheminNOVEMBER
tristen303
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 Empty BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by tristen303 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey Getthem I started this thinking of you (I think your from NY). Hope your not in the path. I hope all the members in those areas will be ok..sending positive vibes.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I just want to add make sure you have a radio handy. If you lose power and they call for an evacuation you need to know.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 pm

If you are in the hurricane path, TEXT rather than using cell phones for calls. TEXTING uses less band width & will keep airways open for emergency workers & responders. This is for your safety & to enable rescue workers to get info on where they are needed & what they need on scene. After earthquake, cell companies advised that the system was choked & calls couldn't be made.

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Been a LONG day of hurry up and wait! Good Night All! Hope to hear from everyone in the morning!!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Takes me a bit lol BUT I see CT RI N MA have been added to the topic! BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 938557

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:02 pm

To lighten things up, here are the top 10 reasons why HURRICANES ARE LIKE CHRISTMAS!

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).
9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights).
8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.
7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".
6. Family coming to stay with you.
5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling.
4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities.
3. Days off from work. (Hmmmmm does not apply to us! LOL)
2. Candles.
1. And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...
At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

BE SAFE EVERYONE!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:To lighten things up, here are the top 10 reasons why HURRICANES ARE LIKE CHRISTMAS!

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).
9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights).
8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.
7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".
6. Family coming to stay with you.
5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling.
4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities.
3. Days off from work. (Hmmmmm does not apply to us! LOL)
2. Candles.
1. And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...
At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

BE SAFE EVERYONE!
LMAO Thanks, needed that laugh! Just don't want the tree in my house!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm

stillnutty wrote:Takes me a bit lol BUT I see CT RI N MA have been added to the topic! BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 938557
I did it! I felt left out! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Takes me a bit lol BUT I see CT RI N MA have been added to the topic! BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 938557

Yes, I also see that PA was added. Now I feel like part of the family! LOL

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

Yes, I also see that PA was added. Now I feel like part of the family! LOL

We are all in this together! BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 3 578472

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 am

WOW its starting here the winds and rain are INSANE!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:WOW its starting here the winds and rain are INSANE!
You are under a tornado watch too! Please be careful and check in when you can, worried about all of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:54 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:WOW its starting here the winds and rain are INSANE!
You are under a tornado watch too! Please be careful and check in when you can, worried about all of you!

Yes we are this is NUTS! I was not expecting tornados What the heck??? Its gonna hit the fan my barometer is falling fast. Even my cats are looking at me as thinking what is the deal man?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:37 am

Yeah its been heavy rain off & on most of the night. Wind had picked up a while ago but has died down again. I'm not in low lying flood zone in NY but I don't know if worse is yet to come.

Just got a tornado alert from city. What a week. First an earthquake, then a hurricane and possibly a tornado and all the while I'm a few weeks shy of my third year of unemployment. Its like the earth has spun off its axis. What's going on? Has the world just gone mad????

Anyone in the path of the storm be safe. I'm gonna try to get something rare these days SLEEP!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 am

We are OK here in Southeastern PA. We are not in a flood zone, but some trees are down due to the saturated ground from record rains this month. Luckily, we still have power. Had to go into the basement of our building last night due to a tornado warning. There were tornado warnings all over the area. Have relatives on Long Island, where they have no power and are awaiting the worst of the storm which should come about 9:30 a.m. eastern time.

Hope everyone is OK!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:16 am

lights are flickering here already and trees lost lots of limbs!! its not even at full potential yet. I am going to lose my mind without electricity for HOURS (hopefully not days) Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 am

Check this out! I just found it on twitter...its a pic of the storm rolling in on the coast.

http://yfrog.com/kh3kbkxj

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am

Hi all! So far so good!! I am one of the FEW with power in CT so far!! Hope all are safe!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 am

glad you are ok nutty, I heard CT has over 500k without power!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Hope those that haven t checked in are safe. An if it s a power problem they get it back soon.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Checking in to say all us well here in
Ma. It's still gusting to 50 mph at times but we are on the backside of thenstorm right now.
Hope everyone stays safe!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm safe and well here in southern Maryland. No trees down around my house and power was back on within 18 hours. Good job SMECO!!
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 pm

rhiannonj wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know I'm safe and well here in southern Maryland. No trees down around my house and power was back on within 18 hours. Good job SMECO!!
So glad that you are safe, my friend!
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

Praying DIRI is ok and we will hear from her soon.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 pm

stillnutty wrote:Praying DIRI is ok and we will hear from her soon.
X2! Has she checked in yet, nutty?
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Sad American wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Praying DIRI is ok and we will hear from her soon.
X2! Has she checked in yet, nutty?
Not that I can see. Sad

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next