Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

+9
CLO
lendmeflight2
sbraney
JoanB
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
stillnutty
Sad American
gettheminNOVEMBER
tristen303
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 Empty BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by tristen303 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey Getthem I started this thinking of you (I think your from NY). Hope your not in the path. I hope all the members in those areas will be ok..sending positive vibes.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by sbraney Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey, what about PA? I understand that Philadelphia is going to take a substantial hit - Delaware too. The news media said we should expect 7 inches which is the equivalent of 7 feet and that's all people had to hear - nerves are frayed. I've been through hurricanes before, and I am very concerned about this area - people need to recognize that it is EXTREMELY important to take in everything that the wind can carry - you should see the stuff around here on porches, etc.. PRAY....

sbraney

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 2 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by stillnutty Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Philadelphia Mayor was just on the Weather channel. As of midnight Sat ALL mass transit in the city will be shut down until further notice.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Rhode Island and Massachusetts are now under an immediate State of Emergency!

Please, all of our East Coast members, Mods and Admins, from North Carolina to Massachusetts, stay safe, stay informed and listen to the warnings. Praying for all of us!
Praying
http://newsblog.projo.com/2011/08/governor-declares-state-of-eme-1.html

http://newsblog.projo.com/2011/08/massachusetts-mobilizes-nation.html

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Looks like we are going to be spared, just heavy rain and 25 mph winds. Well its happy hour!

Celebrate
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Goood!

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Now they changed it to 70 mph. Shocked That is not good.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Now they changed it to 70 mph. Shocked That is not good.
If I find the yellow brick road I will share it with ya all. clown
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 pm

K got to say when I was watching the local news the talking head told ME due to the probability of power outages, and since power outages may last several days meaning credit cards?? and amt s?? won t work, I SHOULD STOCK UP ON CASH!!! I WOULD LOVE TO!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:14 pm

stillnutty wrote:K got to say when I was watching the local news the talking head told ME due to the probability of power outages, and since power outages may last several days meaning credit cards?? and amt s?? won t work, I SHOULD STOCK UP ON CASH!!! I WOULD LOVE TO!!
Told me to do that too! LMAO

The Providence area forecast is for 18 hours of sustained tropical storm force wind with hurricane gusts - substantial tree damage and power outages, starting tomorrow night through the day on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 pm

I laughed when they said that on the news. WHAT CASH? LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I just heard on twitter that Eric Cantor says no money will be spent on Hurricane relief??? Any one else hear this?

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:I just heard on twitter that Eric Cantor says no money will be spent on Hurricane relief??? Any one else hear this?

Yup he wants cuts to be made first. I told him to cut his wrists and talk to me. He is what is WRONG WITH AMERICA!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I have to say that I am ashamed and without words or defense for such a stupid stance...There pissing me off now too

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 am

One of the greatest things this country had to offer is the ability to overcome whatever came our way. Now we need to make cuts? ON WHAT?? Natural disasters are natural and we all pitch in to help one another. Now the GOTP has put a pricetag on that. WELL I for one am not buying it. I will help for FREE
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

You good folks all stay safe, we need you to keep posting and have power, my laptop battery is still working, two years, yea Korea making laptop. Yea right.

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 am

Good Mornin All. Prayers for all in the path of the storm. Looks ok here in CT until sunset, then who knows??

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 am

What amazes me is how people freak out about buying all the bottled water they can get their hands on before the disaster hits. I can understand it after it hits when the water supply is compromised, but before? You can't just fill up every pitcher, jug, pot, etc. that you have with tap water? Have we been that indoctrinated by the bottled water industry that we can't even drink tap water in an emergency?

OK, I know that's not important right now, but bottled water is one of my pet peeves. Sorry, I'm done now. Hope everyone's safe.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:39 am

I think this is what people are conditioned to do. If you need water you go buy a pack of bottled water. You might have noticed that the average guy, with a job, living in his McMansion, with his beautiful wife and 2.5 kids, really doesn't have a lot of survival skills anymore.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

Good to hear from you, lendme! Things must be getting rough there....take care!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am

I am actually in the Western part of the state now so I should be fine. It might rain a lot but I think it will go up the eastern seaboard and miss us.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Guys- don't forget you have a source of water in an emergency- your water heater. There is a faucet on the unit for "draining'- can be used ina pinch.

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

CLO wrote: Guys- don't forget you have a source of water in an emergency- your water heater. There is a faucet on the unit for "draining'- can be used ina pinch.

We are getting over 8 inches of rain. The rivers are already at flood stage from all the rain we had this week. affraid We are going to have plenty of water. But that is a great tip thanks.

I wonder if I should boil the rain water before I drink it if I needed to?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
CLO wrote: Guys- don't forget you have a source of water in an emergency- your water heater. There is a faucet on the unit for "draining'- can be used ina pinch.

We are getting over 8 inches of rain. The rivers are already at flood stage from all the rain we had this week. affraid We are going to have plenty of water. But that is a great tip thanks.

YES! Look where that water is coming from, picking up all that crap in the ocean all the way up the coast!

Remember BP? affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

YES! Look where that water is coming from, picking up all that crap in the ocean all the way up the coast!

Remember BP? affraid

Imagine if a hurricane hit then? Flammable hurricane affraid affraid affraid
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:09 pm

I thought about that when I first heard about the storm! Thank God it didn't happen last year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next