Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

+9
CLO
lendmeflight2
sbraney
JoanB
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
stillnutty
Sad American
gettheminNOVEMBER
tristen303
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 Empty BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by tristen303 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey Getthem I started this thinking of you (I think your from NY). Hope your not in the path. I hope all the members in those areas will be ok..sending positive vibes.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Hoping all are doing as best as can be expected. Made it through a whole day with power, but not internet until just about an hour ago.
Of course, it's always something, the dryer went. Why not??????

Seriously, hoping everyone is still safe and drying out. We have been told to expect outages and to be careful in certain areas due to large trees and they keep falling. It's crazy. Everyday it's a new road closed but mostly now due to the fallen trees. Our flood warnings have been cancelled as of 8pm tonight. Rivers, streams and lakes have receded. However, they are all reporting, NJ, NY, CT, MD, DE, PA, VT that any additional rainfall could cause additional flooding and downed trees and wires so not to forget. I feel like this summer flew, we stopped shoveling and started paddling. Crazy times, huh.

Back to top Go down

BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 Empty Re: BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Hurricane season goes until Mid November right? By the 3rd night with no power I was getting a bit pissed. I have a genny but it costs about 20 bucks a day to run. No cable and internet was killing me. One thing I did notice was more people outside and doing stuff. I also noticed today a dumpster and a table in a tree.

At least my backyard that became a river is dog poop free. It all got washed away. BE SAFE MEMBERS FROM NC,VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA - Page 5 448292
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm

The pictures were amazing and scarey getthem. Yesterday, I saw something similar, two kids swings from a swing set dangling from a deck where just about everyone in the neighborhood's porch and lawn furniture had washed up against this house and deck, including a bbq grill, a really large one at that. There are quite a few working farms still here in the neighborhood and lots of farm equipment is all over the place. A man at the corner of the street over at our old house had a sign from the business down the street land perfectly at his side porch and he said for the last three days people have been stopping and asking for help getting their applicances fixed. Three of the old neighbors have inground pools and the water table was so high that water got between the pool and liners and they all have to drain their pools to fix them. What a mess. Luckily, no one hurt. One old neighbor took a job in Salem about three months ago and moved, he was killed when he was trying to clear his sewer drain and was actually sucked in. So it's still dangerous. Please all, still be careful.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 pm

There is a large pumpkin patch, very large and all the pumpkins are all over town now. People are picking them up and putting them on their porches. I feel bad for the farmer but he is insured for the losses. Most of them are still green. Imagine thousands of pumpkins all over the place.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

Sick & Tired wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:Thanks Joan! Smile He is very good at what he does, he's a perfectionist.

Maybe when they see what a great worker he is, it will lead to full time work. There was a time when that happened to my husband. He wants to prove himself again if only they would give him a chance and stop discriminating. Congratulations to your hubby!

Thanks! It just so happens that the foreman of his crew is the unions business managers brother. the business manager was at our wedding and was very good friends with my father in law. my husband says he is confident he will come home with a permanent job. Very Happy

I sincerely hope your hubby gets that chance again too!!! The discrimination is horrible. At my work the other day a woman came in and asked for an application. She out right asked if the owner hires people who have been out of work for a few years. She was so nervous and anxious and I felt horrible for her. I told YES she does hire unemployed people no matter how long they have been out. I told her she hired me and I was a stay at home mom and except for a few minor jobs I hadn't worked steady for 15 years.

You and your hubby are in my prayers. Praying

Thanks so much S&T. Your employer is one of the few who actually have compassion for the unemployed and stay at home moms. I hope that lady gets the job.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:18 pm

https://www.facebook.com/edschultzshow#!/photo.php?v=2446797688986

Check out this video I just found of a local road during Irene.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5