Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls

+5
gettheminNOVEMBER
mistermunster
CarlRay
CLO
Jobless_in_Ma
9 posters

Go down

Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls Empty Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:40 am

Many Americans eagerly awaited Congress' August recess so they could use town hall meetings and other public appearances to give their elected officials a piece of their mind. There's just one problem: most of Congress isn't scheduling any town halls. None. Zilch.

Rep. Dan Quayle (R-Ariz.), Politico reported, is charging $35 from attendees who want to ask him questions over a catered lunch at a Phoenix law firm. Rep. Chip Cravaack (R-Minn.) also wants money—$10 a person—to attend an his event, which is hosted by the National Federation of Independent Businesses.

Why the ticket price? At the very least, it's a way to weed out the unemployed and financially burdened, who are also the most likely to give lawmakers an earful for the dismal state of the labor market and sluggish economic recovery. As Scott Page, a twice laid-off worker who participated in the sit-in inside Paul Ryan's office, told a local blogger, "I don't have $15 to ask Rep. Ryan questions, so I guess this is the only means I have to talk to him."
http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/08/paul-ryan-congress-town-hall?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Motherjones%2Fmojoblog+%28MotherJones.com+|+MoJoBlog%29

Back to top Go down

Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls Empty Re: Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:31 am

Well, I shouldn't be surprised by this.
The American people want to speak but aren't given the venus to do so.
Err. I mean the poor aren't given the venue to do so.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls Empty Re: Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls

Post by CLO Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am

“Any member of Congress charging a fee to attend a Town Hall meeting is infringing on the right of citizens to exercise their First Amendment Right to "petition the Government for redress of grievances­" in direct violation of Public Law 110-81, Subtitle D, Sec. 545, Public Law 110-81, of the "Honest Leadership and Open Government Act of 2007" passed by the 110th Congress.

http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/PLAW-110publ81.txt

The proposed "charge for admission" to these constituent meetings are ILLEGAL!

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlRay Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:14 am

This is kind of akin to a poll tax. Aren't there also some members of Congress who are trying to ban demonstrations from being held outside of their office buildings, too?

CarlRay

http://fishtankcartoon.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/matt-smith-docto

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Time to start chucking bricks through their windows baby!!!! cheers Happy dance That will get these lowlife RICH boys attentions
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 pm

mistermunster wrote:Time to start chucking bricks through their windows baby!!!! cheers Happy dance That will get these lowlife RICH boys attentions

Check out this vdeo on Scott Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqlVj8_RTA

People get in his face and hang a banner at a ball game.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 am

Isn't Obama the one that holds the town halls and only lets his appointed people ask the questions. Kind a control the group! Na, Obama is a perfect gentleman!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 am

But his last great town hall he did make an important statement! He said its time the he goes to work on jobs! Isn't that an admission the he hasn't been working on them at all or is it nothing he made a speech about hasn't begun to work! I know, its the repubs. fault again and again and again! He's a cinch for 2012 if America wants another failed president!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 am

wouldn't surprise me none if he wins 2012 and says he inherited this agan!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Isn't Obama the one that holds the town halls and only lets his appointed people ask the questions. Kind a control the group! Na, Obama is a perfect gentleman!
No, when Congress goes home for their "District Work Sessions", they are supposed to be available to their contsituents - AT NO CHARGE! This has nothing to do with President Obama! The House of Representatives was modeled after the British House of Commons - they are supposed to be there for working person all the time.

Someone posted that this is like a "poll tax" - and it is! My Congressman had a dinner at the Providence Marriott during a recess in May - $100 per person, and he is a Dem! Where am I, or the other 66,000 unemployed in RI going to get this money just to talk to the person who is supposed to be representing us in Washington????????????????

BLeep

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Last edited by tristen303 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

yep! As I say they are the only one's wearing wings and a halo! Congress Has an Answer for Public Wrath: Eliminate Town Halls 168630

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm

what cha bet I read it wrong when I READ that 67% of dems. and 50% repubs. don't do town halls! Yep, I read it wrong! I need to get me a new pair of dem. glasses!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:33 pm

The one thing I must give them credit for is they are great liars and conartist! And Intelligent Biden in China saying he supports the one child policy! Look out America, Biden is after your child. Its the ultimate sacrifice! But maybe not, maybe he will euthanize the seniors and make us go before the death panels.

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Isn't Obama the one that holds the town halls and only lets his appointed people ask the questions. Kind a control the group! Na, Obama is a perfect gentleman!

No as a matter of fact he was approached by some baggers that he schooled last week.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Oh! I agree with this! After all now he is catering to the tea party! WOW! he turns to tea partiers and you guys still defend him! Maybe need a little pherapy on personality disorders!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Bud after reading the same posts from you day after day about Obama, I realize and live your pain, WHAT PART OF HE DOES NOT CREATE LEGISLATION, ONLY SIGNS IT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 pm

If I was Obama. I would declare this an emergency. Close to WAR. Bypass Congress all together.

Shortly it will be this way. Time to invade all the Tea Party offices! With pitchforks, shovels and bricks. Tell then were stating our own WPA. Were shovel ready! We heard their BS for years!

What part of job creation don't they understand?

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down