Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed

4 posters

Go down

Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed Empty Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

In July, USAction began circulating an online petition imploring employment websites such as Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com to reject ads from third-party employers that require applicants to be "currently employed." As employment websites, Monster and Careerbuilder don't actually post the ads, but do allow them to be up on the site.

USAction began collecting signatures online -- it now has about 26,000 -- and put a petition letter on the progressive website Dailykos.com. The group also launched an ad campaign on Facebook.

Then late last Friday, USAction received a "cease and desist" letter from Monster.com claiming the information in the campaign is false, misleading and defamatory. "Monster.com does not engage in any discrimination in hiring," the letter said. "Monster.com is the media for third-party employers that post their jobs directly onto the monster.com website without input or editorial contribution from Monster."

USAction spokesman David Elliot said USAction would not cease nor desist.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/12/monstercom-ads-discourage-the-unemployed_n_925502.html

Back to top Go down

Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed Empty Re: Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 pm

These job sites cover their asses by saying that they are the middleman for these ads. But they are just as GUILTY! All they care about is making money. There is another job board that was started recently. We found them on twitter. Here is their advertisement:

A new website where the unemployed can job search without barriers. http://ReEmployAmerica.com

My husband searched on here last week and lo and behold, found an ad that discriminated against the unemployed. We immediately called them out on it and they were very angry that this happened. They immediately pulled the ad and posted on Yahoo about it. They do seem really sincere about their new site. Might want to check it out. We need more job boards that are on our side.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed Empty Re: Monster.com Says It Won't Ban Third-Party Ads That Discourage Job Applications From The Unemployed

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

as long as corporate greed exists there is no hope for the need and well being of people. It ALL about MONEY. nothing personal just business. affraid
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Monster.com and other job boards are not responsible, because of the law. Remember there use to be smoking ads on TV and elsewhere. There in it for the money and not to upset the employers. They pay the bills.

Were all tired of these games where they apply it or not for many things. It is about excluding people instead if including everyone. We understand there are certain jobs where you must be physically in shape. Most of us are not applying to be a fireman.

We should not be asked how long you been unemployed. I get from many recruiters are that you available right now? Majority don't care the length, they really understand, today. We also don't want to inform them of our age.

EEOC always comes up with the statement is what they do with the information. I say, prove that it isn't so! Many job applications are still grossly out of date. Don't insist what year I graduated.

Resumes are marketing tools and need to cover up job gaps. Do we ask how was there stock in December, 2008 and the number they terminated? The Hiring Manager should only go by relevant skills and education.

Employers should not be hung up when you last worked or past job gaps. Which many now have working Contract Assignments. Most jobs are contract. Somebody is playing Catch22 and needs to stop!.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm

What really pisses me off is how these scammers can so easily get into our resumes and send us those emails for fake jobs. My husband is so fed up that he may pull his resume off all those job boards and stick to applying directly to companies and using recruiters, none of which are any better at getting a job, but at least no scamming.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by zphtar Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:What really pisses me off is how these scammers can so easily get into our resumes and send us those emails for fake jobs. My husband is so fed up that he may pull his resume off all those job boards and stick to applying directly to companies and using recruiters, none of which are any better at getting a job, but at least no scamming.

I agree Too Old! I received two calls last week from people from India about a job in my city. I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.

Also many recruiters post jobs which do not exist just to get you to come into their office to fill out an application. Still haven't figured out what they get out of it other than making it look like they're working. I'm also tired of seeing postings for buying a franchise on Monster and Careerbuilder.

zphtar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Total waste of your gas money, and subjecting you to more BS. I try to stay away from the big boards, use more local boards. Then look up the ratings on the local agencies, some have just terrible comments, a big run around there as well. What can a person do, hop all over town making it to the meet and greet/drink job clubs. I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down