Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
just dropped in to say "hi" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

just dropped in to say "hi"

2 posters

Go down

just dropped in to say "hi" Empty just dropped in to say "hi"

Post by mrmarti Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say hi - still working as a temp at the yogurt factory. It's starting to get busy now because school is starting soon and that's where the big orders come in. We're starting to work a 5 day/6 day weeks - last week I pulled 65 hours. Most days are 11/12 hour shifts, but I worked a 13 hour shift on Wed. Was so dang tired driving home (good thing it's only about 2 miles from where I live) Was two blocks from my house - put my signal on to make a right turn and next thing I know flashing lights and a siren. Cops pulled me over. Came up the the car and asked how I was doing. I just looked at him and said I'm tired. He wanted to know where I was coming from - told him just finished working a 13 hr. shift. He said he pulled me over because it looked like I was driving a little wobbly. But he let me go. - now I'm paranoid driving home so I take a different route.

It's a boring job really - but it's a job and it's paying my bills and I'm able to save a little. Really no time for anything else. Today is my 1 day off - next week is a 5 day week - at least 48 hours. But won't be surprised if they add another day of production.

All you guys are in my thoughts, just don't have too much free time to do anything but sleep and maybe a load of laundry and some cooking.

I wish everyone well and good luck at the job hunting and hoping everyone is staying somewhat cool. It's hasn't been that hot in Ct., not like other places in the country - am thankful for that at least. It seems that so many discouraging things happening at once. When it rains it pours. I know it's so easy to say keep faith but that's what you got to do or else you'll go crazy. I pray that everyone keeps safe and makes it thru these hard times.

But one thing that made me feel good was that I was able to make a drop off to the food bank. Never know when I'll be needing it again.

Hopeful all of you will find employment soon - or 99ers get more benefits. I never ever thought the government would turn it's back on the unemployed - but it seems l they're turning their backs on the entire country and it's out in the open, they're not even trying to hide it. Somethings gonna happen - feel it in my bones - there's a storm a'brewin and it's not gonna be pretty. So eveyone - please stay safe and try to keep your faith.
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

just dropped in to say "hi" Empty Re: just dropped in to say "hi"

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words of encouragement. So sorry for the long hours you are working, but as you said, it pays the bills and allows you to help out the food bank. Keep in touch and continued good luck at the job.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum