Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment benefits at risk EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment benefits at risk

4 posters

Go down

Unemployment benefits at risk Empty Unemployment benefits at risk

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 am

Advocates say there is still plenty of opportunity to extend the filing deadline for federal benefits, which is currently the first week of January. And President Obama is in their corner.

"We need to make sure that millions of workers who are still pounding the pavement looking for jobs to support their families are not denied needed unemployment benefits," Obama said Tuesday upon signing the debt deal legislation.

But getting another extension past lawmakers will not be easy. Federal emergency benefits began in June 2008 and have been increased or extended eight times since then, including on four occasions last year. When Congress passed a 13-month extension in December, it was thought by some to be the last.

http://tinyurl.com/3sp7976

Back to top Go down

Unemployment benefits at risk Empty Re: Unemployment benefits at risk

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

Extending the deadline is a must. Any new extension MUST include 99ers.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Extending the deadline is a must. Any new extension MUST include 99ers.
It better. Most of us have been without for over a year, and we are the least employable of everyone that is out of work due to the length of our unemployment.
no

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Extending the deadline is a must. Any new extension MUST include 99ers.
It better. Most of us have been without for over a year, and we are the least employable of everyone that is out of work due to the length of our unemployment.
no

When are they going to get it that putting money in people's pockets via UI will cause them the spend and stimulate the economy! If they create jobs, the money comes into the economy in the form of income taxes. Money goes into SS and Medicare to keep them solvent. Also, I hate when people knock Medicare like they think it is totally free. People forget that even if you are on Medicare, that is not enough. You still have that 20% Part B that it does not cover. Most Medicare beneficiaries I know have to purchase a supplement plan and these are expensive also. Many seniors need to use some of their SS money to buy these plans. With no cost of living increases, they may not be able to do this.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 am

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
no

When are they going to get it that putting money in people's pockets via UI will cause them the spend and stimulate the economy! If they create jobs, the money comes into the economy in the form of income taxes. Money goes into SS and Medicare to keep them solvent. Also, I hate when people knock Medicare like they think it is totally free. People forget that even if you are on Medicare, that is not enough. You still have that 20% Part B that it does not cover. Most Medicare beneficiaries I know have to purchase a supplement plan and these are expensive also. Many seniors need to use some of their SS money to buy these plans. With no cost of living increases, they may not be able to do this.
My mom just renewed her health insurance policy to cover what Medicare doesn't at a cost of over $200 a month. Dr. visit co-pays and meds, even with this, are outrageous.

Now, the Tea Party has "town halls" planned to push their Medicare voucher agenda:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/tea-party-medicare-paul-ryan_n_917347.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
no

My mom just renewed her health insurance policy to cover what Medicare doesn't at a cost of over $200 a month. Dr. visit co-pays and meds, even with this, are outrageous.

Now, the Tea Party has "town halls" planned to push their Medicare voucher agenda:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/tea-party-medicare-paul-ryan_n_917347.html

I hear you Desperate! I went through this with my Mom & Dad. They are deceased now, but it was hardship having to get one of those policies. It was also a blessing because they both ended up in the hospital a few times. If they did not have that supplemental insurance, they would have ended up bankrupt and in a nursing home if I was not there to take care of them. I also heard that Senator Lieberman wants to cut Social Security so they can add to the Defense. If he thinks Seniors and the future recipients are going to stand for that, I got a piece of land to sell him!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Not proud to say it but Lieberman is one of my Senators. He already announced he is not running again. He is NO friend of ours!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:45 pm

stillnutty wrote:Not proud to say it but Lieberman is one of my Senators. He already announced he is not running again. He is NO friend of ours!!

Best news I have heard all day! How much time left in his current term? Hope it is soon! LOL

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 pm

He is in till the 2012 election. Evil or Very Mad

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
no

Yes, this is the thing that most people don't understand about medicare, or any national health service for that matter, it's not free. My parents just did the same thing and that $200 a month insurance only covers the 20% that medicare doesn't cover. How much do people think that it would cost to cover a retired person at 100%? this voucher system is ridiculous.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down