Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment?

5 posters

Go down

Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? Empty Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment?

Post by Jericho Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Just got a disturbing letter in the mail from the Virginia Employment Commission:

"Your benefit year will end on your current claim for unemployment insurance benefits on the BYE date shown above (08/06/11). If you are still unemployed and wish to file a new claim, please do so during the week following the BYE date. Failure to do so may result in the denial of benefits for any weeks prior to your reporting. If you have not worked since you filed this claim, you may not be eligible for benefits on a new claim. However, benefit eligibility cannot be determined until you file a new claim.

I am on Tier II now and was due at least 2-3 more checks on it according to the previous information sent to me. I was hoping not to panic (again) until the end of the month.

Yes, I will of course try to file a new claim but in the meantime I wonder if any of you have gotten similar letters and if you could let me know how it worked out for you?

Do you think I'll be s**t out of luck, now that I've collected a year's worth of benefits and, having to refile after earning 0.00 dollars in the past year? Or do I have a chance they'll extend me? Informed guesses would be fine, your own experience would be great.

Lastly, their phrasing of my needing to file a "new claim". Might this mean just report my work contacts, as always? I'm guessing not.

Thanks for reading and for any replies. I'm about to go walk a few miles in the heat and lose some of this stress.

Jericho

Back to top Go down

Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? Empty Re: Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 pm

You should be all set after you file the claim. This is a routine BYE change, we have all been through it. You will get the balance of your Tier 2 benefits and move on to 14 weeks of Tier 3. Based on the low unemployment rate, there is no Tier 4 in VA and only 13 weeks of EB. Please keep in mind that this program will end on 12/31. There are only a handful of states that will continue state EB when the federal extensions shut off at the end of the year.

Good luck and don't stress about the BYE date - it is just a formality - you will be all set.

Back to top Go down

Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment? Empty Re: Do you think this will be my last unemployment payment?

Post by americatheneedy Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Sounds like a typical one size fits all letter to me and I think you're ok.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 pm

You have both made me feel much better, thank you. Smile Now I can breathe easier until I get an official answer.

I guess I will submit my work search info, as always, on Sunday, and then call them Monday and see what I need to do to file a new claim. I normally do everything online, but I might be safer calling about this new claim?

Thanks again, I was hoping very much to hear from somebody who had got the same sort of letter and yet still continuted to get payments.

Best of luck to everybody reading this in your job search. It ain't getting no easier...

Jericho

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm

You are lucky you got a letter, here you just have to know when your year ends.
MAKE SURE you still file your job searches and call as soon as possible, like tomorrow morning right before they open and call back until you get through. It's a pain but you only have to do it once a year. You should get through all tiers before the deadline ends. I hope you don't need them.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:58 pm

The fact that you earned no income or not enough to warrent a new claim should mean you will automaticly be continued in your previous claim (in OHIO there is no delay) and allowed to continue to exhaust Tier II....
depending on if your state qualifies for tiers 3 &4 (3 months 8.5 % UE rate).. you will be allowed those as well..the benefits should have monies avaiable for them till the end of 2011...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by itsfrankwhite Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:50 am

im in MD this does not concer u in VA but wanted to chime in.

I exhausted my tier 2 (26wks) in Aug. I filled for EB like unemployment, had a phone interview. All she asked me was have i worked lately!
No I have not worked since i was laid off on Jan1, 2010. My unemployment started on Jan 2010.
I got a letter today that said I was denied the 13wk EB because I have not worked. How is this possible?
I thought it was more like u would be denied if u quit a job to file for EB benefits!!!! WOW IM REALLY STRESSING FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!! i HOPE MY APPEAL GOES MY WAY AND HAPPENS FAST!!!!

itsfrankwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:58 am

Umm, I hope I understand you correctly. When you go onto EB you will usually get a rejection letter for a new claim because you haven't worked but will then go onto EB. The same thing happens at the end of your benefit year. You should still be ok. Keep on the look out for another letter and don't panic yet.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 am

itsfrankwhite wrote:im in MD this does not concer u in VA but wanted to chime in.

I exhausted my tier 2 (26wks) in Aug. I filled for EB like unemployment, had a phone interview. All she asked me was have i worked lately!
No I have not worked since i was laid off on Jan1, 2010. My unemployment started on Jan 2010.
I got a letter today that said I was denied the 13wk EB because I have not worked. How is this possible?
I thought it was more like u would be denied if u quit a job to file for EB benefits!!!! WOW IM REALLY STRESSING FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!! i HOPE MY APPEAL GOES MY WAY AND HAPPENS FAST!!!!
Why weren't you eligible for Tier 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by itsfrankwhite Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:46 am

Sorry im not sure if I have accurate tiers of unemployment.

This is what I have been receiving. The 1st 47 weeks. Then that ran out I filed and received the 26wk extension. Thats all. After the 26wk ran out in Aug 2011 I Called to re apply and Unemployment said I have exhausted all funds. So I thought this EB was tier 3 for me.
If not im sorry for the misunderstanding.

Is this a normal to receive a denial of EB benefits for NOT working?
Should I expect another letter of approval?
Personally I believe im out of luck for the holidays.
I am fiing appeal today, May my higher power be with me.
Thank you for the input and hope everything is going good for all the people of UF2.0.

itsfrankwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:10 pm

It should have gone like this:
You should have gotten 26 weeks for standard unemployment
then went into tier 1 automatically for 20 more weeks.

That would be the 46 or 47 weeks that you are talking about.

then the 26 weeks after that should be tier 2 and 3. which would be 14 and 13 which would be 27 which is roughly what you recieved.

If your state is eligible for tier 4 then you would have 6 more weeks and then eb. You should have Eb still available.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down