Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


POLL ON SALARIES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT WAS YOUR YEARLY SALARY BEFORE YOU BECAME UNEMPLOYED?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 4 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 12

POLL ON SALARIES

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Was reading the thread "Middle Class Most Hit By Job Losses". Thought I would make a poll to see what the percentage is for members on this forum.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by guest on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:52 pm

While I'm fortunate to be working again, it is still painful, the wages are low and less than 40 hrs a week. I continue to send out resumes and trying for a second job or one decent, living wage job.

guest
Member

Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 57
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by nfpexec on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I just got an email about a phone interview for a part-time temporary job that starts immediately. Pays $13 an hour, 8 hours a week for 4 weeks. Hey I'd take it!

nfpexec
Member

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : new york

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Good idea, too old too hire in PA...

thats a pretty good wage considering, nfpexec.

Im working PT for 8 bucks an hour. after my training period is over I will get 9. Its pretty low for the type of work it is but I like the job and I consider it a stepping stone. Hopefully eventually it will lead to better things.

Before my husbands layoff he was making between 70 and 79k per year, not including overtime. one year with OT he made over 100k. We are scared that we will never see that type of income ever again. Crying or Very sad

funny thing is, while he was making that kind of money we always considered ourselves on the lower end of middle class income. We would kill to have that again....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by stillnutty on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Respect you Too Old but never see the sense in these polls. Been out of work 3 years 10 months. What does it matter what I made then. It and everything are GONE To answer the poll though until Mar 2010 I made 350 a week IU, since then nothing!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 412
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm working a job making 11 bux an hr on a 1099. Could I support myself on it?? HECK No! But 11 bux better than no bux.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 42
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm

stillnutty wrote:Respect you Too Old but never see the sense in these polls. Been out of work 3 years 10 months. What does it matter what I made then. It and everything are GONE To answer the poll though until Mar 2010 I made 350 a week IU, since then nothing!!

I totally agree with you. Sorry I put it on. Did not mean to make anyone feel worse than they already do.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by stillnutty on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:05 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Respect you Too Old but never see the sense in these polls. Been out of work 3 years 10 months. What does it matter what I made then. It and everything are GONE To answer the poll though until Mar 2010 I made 350 a week IU, since then nothing!!

I totally agree with you. Sorry I put it on. Did not mean to make anyone feel worse than they already do.
Very Happy Sorry might have picked the wrong spot to go off a bit.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 412
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm

stillnutty wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Respect you Too Old but never see the sense in these polls. Been out of work 3 years 10 months. What does it matter what I made then. It and everything are GONE To answer the poll though until Mar 2010 I made 350 a week IU, since then nothing!!

I totally agree with you. Sorry I put it on. Did not mean to make anyone feel worse than they already do.
Very Happy Sorry might have picked the wrong spot to go off a bit.

Please don't apologize! Frustration has become a part of our daily lives. I would not be human if I say that sometimes I feel a little jealous when people post that they have gotten jobs, because I wish it were my husband. But then when I clear my head, I really do feel happy for them and take it as a sign that perhaps things will get better for all of us.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: POLL ON SALARIES

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:19 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum