Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default

4 posters

Go down

Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default Empty Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:13 pm

This isn't exactly breaking news, but earlier this morning John Boehner once again ruled out any form of tax increase, including the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. Speaking to reporters at a brief news conference, Boehner also said he wanted to see major reform to entitlement programs.

Boehner also suggested that House Republicans may allow the United States to go into default if President Obama and Senate Democrats do not accept their plan to slash spending. "If we're going to avoid default and prevent a downgrade of our credit rating," he said, then Obama "needs to step up and work with us on the spending cuts and reforms that the American people are demanding."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/21/997004/-Boehner-rules-out-tax-hikes,-nixing-balanced-deficit-reduction-plan?utm_source=pulsenews&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29

Back to top Go down

Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default Empty Re: Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default

Post by rprp Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:51 pm

What is WRONG with these people?!?!??!

Ugh, this cannot be happening! It's like a nightmare that you wake up to every single day. I cannot believe this is really happening. The only positive thing I can say is we are living in interesting times.

Furthermore, something really ugly is going to happen to people like Boehner. If any of these people think they are going to get away with this, they are sadly mistaken. When someone's kids are hungry, when someone's mom is eating cat food, someone is going to take it to the streets and violence will ensue. These kind of people are not going to be safe.

rprp

Back to top Go down

Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default Empty Re: Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:13 pm

He is bluffing. Do not fall for this Mr President. Take it to the line.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by rprp Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:He is bluffing. Do not fall for this Mr President. Take it to the line.

I hope he is bluffing, but why put the American people and the world through this? It is despicable. If the US catches a cold the world gets pneumonia.

I don't know why these repubs cannot just be reasonable and compromise. Why should the poorest have to sacrifice. Why should the 99ers be punished for being long term unemployed? Why should seniors and others on fixed incomes have to choose between desperately needed medications or food? None of this is right. So the rich get to stay rich or get richer and the rest of us get to just disappear. This makes me so angry. I'm really hoping that seniors will have an impact at this point (a lot of whom are republicans) but I am afraid it's too late for that.

rprp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 pm

CAN YOU SAY B L U F F? Now that we have backed ourselves into a corner, we will start the threats again. S&P is sending representatives to meet with the "freshmen" in Congress this afternoon. Now what could they be talking about, hmmmmm, I wonder.

They will raise the debt ceiling, it will have no "deals" attached. Boehner rules out tax hikes, nixing balanced deficit reduction plan - Is ready to default 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthBTold Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm

I don't see how there is enough time left to add any "deals" at this point anyway. This must be worked out before the weekend is over.

TruthBTold

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Well, there could be a short term deal which would be the worst thing that could happen if we actually want something to change. This is pointless because they will just push to the limit again.

I think Boehner really can't get the tea party votes to pass it. I honestly think that the majority of the tea party candidates don't have any idea what it really means to default. They want to burn this country, that they claim to love, to the ground so that they can rebuild it they way they want. I am giving them too much credit but I do think this is a plan in the party itself.

Anyone who says that they want us to default is either an unemployed person/ 99er, like us, who has nothing left to lose or an ignorant fool who thinks that defaulting will "teach the country a lesson".

This is ridiculous. It's like your house being on fire but you have to debate with your family about which fire dept is cheaper. It's a pointless argument.

I also think Cantor is a huge problem in this. I honestly think that he putting the bug in the tea party's ear about defaulting. He has a hedgefund that bets against the government and stands to make millions if we default. This should be against the law.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I wish I could muster up some sympathy for the Weeper, but he like many of his colleagues saw their numbers and jumped right in bed with the teavangelists because they saw the money the were bringing in. Now they need to deal with them. They married them and now can't get a legal divorce. And apparently even Grover Norquist (btw, non-elected) is giving them wiggle room on the tax increases. Phoney's, every single one of them. Eric Cantor, from VA, should not have the power they have given him and they gave it to him. He is not all powerful and he will find out just how hard this job is going to be, as he will take the blame and sadly, there will be many who will try and make him pay, not that I agree with that.

Bloomberg is reporting that the damage may already be done. Interest rates may be forced to rise as other countries are not as interested in purchasing treasuries since so many mutual funds are heavily invested in treasuries. Hedge funds are also hoarding cash. They are worried about the EU as well. Nobody trusts that Boehner or the Republican's can reign these tea drinkers in. The really big problem, to lendme's point is Cantor doesn't believe anything anyone tells him, he is THE smartest man in the room (and is looking for a movie career I think, he's always in the camera shot, no matter who is holding the press conference). And, he's no McDreamy.

But notice how they all travel in a pack? Every damn time there is a mic, there are 8 or 9 of them backing up the Speaker. Are they afraid he'll fall? or are they afraid he'll just snap and tell the truth to Americans and let them know, hey, I can't get these clowns to do anything?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:26 pm

It's actually kind of too late to fix this problem in any other way than a clean bill to raise it unless Obama caves. I wouldn't put it past him.

It's possible the republicans are trying to bait him into doing something that they can impeach him for. Every times he leaves his shoes untied they threaten to impeach him for it.

He could just decide to raise the debt ceiling. He has power to do it because he has a higher loyalty to the constitution and to the good of the country than to congress. If he does I can promise that they will try and impeach him. If they fail it will signal the end of whatever power the republicans have over 2012. If they succeed, he probably won't run again.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Spkr Boehner is now saying that we must raise the debt ceiling.

Can you say F L I P F L O P???

Please don't forget, these debts are debts this country already agreed to, kind of like running up your charge and then saying, nah, not gonna pay!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthBTold Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 pm

This is all theater. The more "theatrics" we see, the more convinced I am that they have had a deal arranged for quite some time. I hate to be cynical but I have no other choice at this point. My only hope is that they might just do something for the unemployed, including the 99ers. I just wish that, aside from the constant attacks, we could actually FEEL like we have a Democrat in the white house.

TruthBTold

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 pm

MaryKay wrote:Spkr Boehner is now saying that we must raise the debt ceiling.

Can you say F L I P F L O P???

Please don't forget, these debts are debts this country already agreed to, kind of like running up your charge and then saying, nah, not gonna pay!!!!

Yeah it's like standing in a burning building and saying "ya know, we really need to get out of here".
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm

I really think the teabagpartiers are stupid and crazy enough to blow it all up...like Rachel Maddow said last night, "because it would look pretty"...or like kids "putting foil in the microwave". It was obvious from the start that the "normal" Republicans weren't going to be able to control these idgits.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum