» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Has anyone lost all support of people and do you isolate?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone lost all support of people and do you isolate?

Post by rprp on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have absolutely no friends anymore. Part of the reason I don't go out and meet new people is I can't justify spending any money. With the exception of my mother, I am estranged from the others in my family. Even if I ended up on the streets I would never tell them or ask for help, because they don't really care or they'd say "I knew it. It was only a matter of time before her life fell apart." I am sure they think I am just a bum, but we never talk so I wouldn't know. My siblings all have jobs and spouses and children and I have none of the above. Plus, I have nothing to talk about. How do you tell someone you have no life and each day is the same? How do you process what has happened to this country and the fact that the long term unemployed are now discriminated against as in "the unemployed need not apply."

Who do you talk to about the fear of someday ending up in dire straits when you KNOW (and I know just from lurking on this forum) that others have been in horrible situations or are headed there?

Well, I just needed to get this out and thanks for reading.

rprp

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone lost all support of people and do you isolate?

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 am

htiek123 wrote:I isolate, I have stayed in my house since 9/2008. I have gained over 75lbs. I have not seen some of my neighbors in over 3 years. They all think I have moved. I have about 1 months living expenses left before I must go to a shelter, I turned 50 in June. it's hard not to think of ending it everyday.......

I am so sorry htiek123. Its very easy to fall into isolation when your feeling depressed. It feels like the right thing to do at the time, I understand completely.

You should start to try and go out for a walk, start with a short walk around the neighborhood and then increase as you feel comfortable. Sometimes taking in your surroundings helps ease depression. You start to remember that there is life out there. The trees, the sky, etc...those are all free to look at and no one can take them from you. I know it sounds corny lol but it does help. It certainly wont solve all your problems but will help mentally.

I hope something comes your way soon. Please try to hang in there! Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

judi and htiek123, please stay with us and don't give up all hope. I am 56 as well, lost my home over a year ago and all my belongings. I don't often admit it, but it's true. We have to have faith that we will change this and things will get better. sick and tired and rprp are right. Get up and get moving, it won't pay the bills, but it will clear your head. You simply can't let these ****'s beat you. Don't give up. We are all here for you, everyday.

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 pm

I can relate to what everyone has said and I've had a very difficult lonely time. Working friends can't relate and I can't afford to go out with them not to mention they're probably bored hearing about my problems so I don't inflict myself on them. I stay home, watch dvds (while i can afford them on netflix) and send out resumes. However because everything in my life has been so negative, I don't want to forget one friend who has been there for me from the beginning. He's a doctor and has offered loans when I couldn't meet the rent, buy food, keep utilities. Today he sent an email telling me about articles related to acing interviews. I know he doesn't relate to this situation, he's financially comfortable but none the less, his support both emotionally and financially has been invaluable. Friends like this are vyer rare and I dont want to forget it.

nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 pm

nfpexec wrote:I can relate to what everyone has said and I've had a very difficult lonely time. Working friends can't relate and I can't afford to go out with them not to mention they're probably bored hearing about my problems so I don't inflict myself on them. I stay home, watch dvds (while i can afford them on netflix) and send out resumes. However because everything in my life has been so negative, I don't want to forget one friend who has been there for me from the beginning. He's a doctor and has offered loans when I couldn't meet the rent, buy food, keep utilities. Today he sent an email telling me about articles related to acing interviews. I know he doesn't relate to this situation, he's financially comfortable but none the less, his support both emotionally and financially has been invaluable. Friends like this are vyer rare and I dont want to forget it.
That is a good friend. For free, legal movies, check out Hulu

couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top