Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
IRC is looking for employment recruiters EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

IRC is looking for employment recruiters

3 posters

Go down

IRC is looking for employment recruiters Empty IRC is looking for employment recruiters

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:35 pm

The International Rescue Committee needs to assist refugees in finding stable employment and working with companies that will hire and train them. I don't have anything in particular against them wanting to hire local recruiters to work with local businesses and make sure the refugees have skills to become employed. They also want financial educational advisors to work with the refugees to assist them with obtaining skills for employment. The IRC claims to have 8,000 staff which I think includes volunteers. So, my reason for posting this is: do we consider these folks as part of the competition for jobs, do they get min wage as well? Do they have numbers with the DOL tracking them, etc. Just curious as to how many are in the US looking for work, who supports them until they gain employment? Are they technically part of the H1B Visa workers? Oh, well I know there are more important topics to discuss.

Back to top Go down

IRC is looking for employment recruiters Empty Re: IRC is looking for employment recruiters

Post by USA Citizen Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Home in the U.S.: Refugee Resettlement
http://www.rescue.org/video/home-us-refugee-resettlement

Million of people are coming to the U.S. every year and they are being helped by organizations such as the IRC.

Millions of unemployed Americans in the U.S. are not helped by any organization. The unemployed are not willing to get organized to help themselves. They are not willing to form an organization that can help the millions of unemployed Americans get jobs or survive. The IRC might be an example of what could be accomplished if an organization was formed to help unemployed Americans. I know. It's not going to happen.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

IRC is looking for employment recruiters Empty Re: IRC is looking for employment recruiters

Post by TR11005 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

This a very important topic to discuss. Many unemployed older workers are not given the time of day. We are loosing our homes, savings and retirements. It is not just competition, but an act of treason. This is war against them.

Now, we know how the American Indians felt. It won't belong before they ask us to go to a reservation. Being kicked to the curb and run over by the bus. MAD

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:24 am

TR11005 wrote:This a very important topic to discuss. Many unemployed older workers are not given the time of day. We are loosing our homes, savings and retirements. It is not just competition, but an act of treason. This is war against them.

Now, we know how the American Indians felt. It won't belong before they ask us to go to a reservation. Being kicked to the curb and run over by the bus. MAD

Economic genocide? Or maybe, strategic holocaust? With nothing ahead of me, a reservation or maybe inhabiting a ghost town and working toward revitalizing it sounds good. I hear there are towns across the US that make their own currency. Maybe the IRC will help us? I'm ready to beg Amnesty International to intervene, at this point.
It occurs to me that even if I do find a job, and it becomes permanent/long term, there is every chance that this will happen again. I've been laid off a few times, due to being one of the last hires. I don't want to do this again AND be X number of years older than I am, now. If we don't find a way to prevent discriminatory hiring practices now, we'll have an even harder time, later.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down