Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

+2
Redpossum
tristen303
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  Empty This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:24 am

The Nation is the most credible of English Newspapers in Pakistan. ... The Nation Newspaper Pakistan Sunday, July 03, 2011. The Nation · Today's Paper ...

tristen303

Back to top Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  Empty Re: This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by Redpossum Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:26 am

tristen303 wrote:The Nation is the most credible of English Newspapers in Pakistan. ... The Nation Newspaper Pakistan Sunday, July 03, 2011. The Nation · Today's Paper ...

You forgot to add the link, tristen.

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  Empty Re: This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by Redpossum Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:27 am

Let me help you out here

CLICK HERE

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 am

Never heard of this newspaper. Pakistan's credible news source is dawn.com.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:31 am

http://www.dawn.com/2011/07/03/three-policemen-dead-in-taliban-attack.html

This is a better article reflecting what really is going on in that country. I know you belong to a party which likes to blame a whole group of people because of the actions of a few but you should take your opinions to another forum. This forum is for unemployed people in America who are having trouble finding jobs due to a recession that was created by the last administration.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:46 pm

hello wrote:http://www.dawn.com/2011/07/03/three-policemen-dead-in-taliban-attack.html

This is a better article reflecting what really is going on in that country. I know you belong to a party which likes to blame a whole group of people because of the actions of a few but you should take your opinions to another forum. This forum is for unemployed people in America who are having trouble finding jobs due to a recession that was created by the last administration.

Not gonna happen, bro. Tristen is the golden boy of several moderators, and they cover for him, no matter how blatant his trolling.

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:19 pm

My point exactly thank you for proving it. There are individuals on this site that are not just liberal it seems that everyone forgets that. If an argument is brought up, or an article that shows a difference of opinion you are labeled a troll; censorship (if your side is right then opposing points of view wouldn’t be an issue). This also should prove to those that are detractors of the mods that they are not promoting one side or the other and are actually real good mods, they realize the above and don’t censor unless it’s hurtful. I was under the impression that this is a forum for everybody UE, if this is true then this would not be an issue as all points of view would be offered (nobody is worried about offending any of us that have a different point of view). I post something from a right leaning publication or news source and its lies or false somebody else posts something from a left leaning source and its fact. If this is the Unemployed site then it is for everyone UE with all points of views. If it is the Unemployed liberal friend’s site then you are right, but the name should be changed to reflect that. See the greater problem I see is that we need both sides to get anything through. Now I’m not advocating that anybody vote Repub or change parties, but if there are trolls and these site are getting researched (as some claim) then promoting one side over the other or completely censoring one side or the other does not benefit us; it proves the impression we don’t need. In the Marines to know ones enemy required studying (something the intellectuals on this side should fathom). If you fear that somebody has a difference of opinion or for that matter that something good may come out of discussing an opinion I think you’re on the wrong site or country. Posts are posts and if you don’t like the title you don’t read or respond to it. But banning opinions others then those from the left well I think that says it all.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Further I have never said that my party is right or that the mess wasn't started under the previous admin. (A common troll position) I actually point this out (quite frequently) to others on this site that wish to ignore or gloss over that fact. But with that being said that doesn't give the present Obama admin. a blank check in excuses or that they cannot be held as accountable as the previous administration... Whether you like it or not or believe it or not some on this site Get Them, Desp, Lend me, Sick n Tired (as well as others) have actually helped me in finding inaccuracies in beliefs I had or once held; had they not engaged me I would never have known the difference. Ignorance and lack of understanding is what operatives on either political side want, facts and truth move us forward. So don’t hate educate, show me your facts I will show you mine then let’s make it work and move forward.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:52 pm

I repeat, Mr Paragraph is your friend, and so is Ms. Comma.

You end with "show me your facts I will show you mine". That would be a worthwhile suggestion, if you made a habit of actually writing about facts. But 90% of your posts consist of nothing but opinions, allegations, assertions, and generalized slander of "liberals".

However, I must admit you do show a fairly good command, in your own unpolished way, of the basic techniques of propaganda. In particular, I would point out your regular use of the technique known as "flipping", in which you accuse the opposition, (that would be me), of exactly the things that you are guilty of.

Have a nice day, and a Happy 4th of July to you.

Redpossum

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

The common denominator is that we are not just unemployed, we are being called unemployable. We are being demoted to far less than what and who we are. Before anything else is taken from us, we need to focus our energy on getting HR589 or a something similar passed, we need to concentrate on job creation, training, and maybe access to seed money for business start ups. We need to make sure we all have food, shelter and are able to keep our families (pets, too) from being ripped apart. We are far too easily preyed upon as a population, and we need to remember this.

Let's not allow ourselves to be pitted against each other or have our attention diverted from what needs to be done.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I find no difference in any of the statements you make. And I find both parties to be the same yet both sides are paranoid of any opinion but their own. The "facts" it appears are only facts when they support what you like. Thank you for the grammer lecture it's much apperciated.

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:50 pm

couth11 wrote:The common denominator is that we are not just unemployed, we are being called unemployable. We are being demoted to far less than what and who we are. Before anything else is taken from us, we need to focus our energy on getting HR589 or a something similar passed, we need to concentrate on job creation, training, and maybe access to seed money for business start ups. We need to make sure we all have food, shelter and are able to keep our families (pets, too) from being ripped apart. We are far too easily preyed upon as a population, and we need to remember this.

Let's not allow ourselves to be pitted against each other or have our attention diverted from what needs to be done.

Well said couth. Please all, opinions are welcome, tearing each other apart because of them isn't what we need to be doing right now. Each of us has our beliefs, they are personal and we are all entitled to them, seperate as they are. We do however, have to stay together to get additional benefits and the real jobs legislation we so desperately need. This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:23 pm

I just want to add that if you find that you dislike most of someones posts, you can use the "foe" option. That way you don't have to see any of their posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I started out tweeting to people. Then I started looking back at older tweets, and realized how long we've been demanding to be heard, and how long we've been ignored. I RT those. Maybe the powers that be will see the dates, and realize we really do expect a response from them.

Exactly why I keep adding paragraphs to the 99ers letter couth. Let them see how long we've waited and how many times our hopes have been dashed, not only for benefits but for job creation. Would we all not take a job at this point over additional benefits, absolutely, problem is, just like the lack of benefits, there is a serious lack of jobs. Why are we the only people who really know this? And the debt ceiling, well, revenues will certainly increase when they have our salaries to tax again, won't they. There certainly won't be a tax holiday for the formerly unemployed once they return to work, it will be for the companies who hire us.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Its a sin that they have ignored us for this long. It really ticks me off that they were able to come together to come up with job creating legislation for Egypt but not here at home. something is seriously wrong with this picture.

We need to bombard Obama with questions on that town hall meeting hes having online.

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  562135

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

I think that there should be a sit-in at State Capitols all at the same time on the same day. We should just stay there until were thrown out or somebody acknowledges us.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:34 pm

It would be a great idea tristen, getting everyone there on the same day would be the problem and the funding to get them there as well, so many members don't have the money to fund a trip. I do however think if we can get everyone who still has access to a computer to join the President for his twitter town hall. Details are at www.whitehouse.gov.

We need everyone to ask him for help for the 99ers, long term unemployed and real job creation and not let up all day. Never mind the other issues, let others handle that, we need to stick together on the benefits for the 99ers, long term unemployed and the real job creation legislation and let him know, it's time for the nonsense to stop and nothing, nothing, nothing is as important as those two things are.
But it can't just come from ten or twenty people, it has to come from all of us. This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  34243

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm

then we should all sit on a highway and block it the same day during rush hour every month; form a chain across it or something.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:09 pm

My opinion is not coming from the "left" or the "right". I was born in Pakistan and have been in the US half my life and half my life in pak. So I know a little bit more about the ppl and the country. People here who have not even traveled 100 miles from their hometown think they know the ENTIRE world and what happens there.

I have traveled the entire globe as well as all of the US. And you find all kinds of people everywhere. The average pakistani person has nothing against America (not yet atleast). The media only focuses on the minority who either have ties with the terrorists or are just marching on the streets because they have nothing better to do.

Pakistan has lost the most people in "the war on terror". And yet, the media is desperately trying to find more "enemies". Seems like if they run out of enemies they will have nothing to report on.

Our focus should not be on other countries to begin with. It should be on the politicians here and what they are doing to the country.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm

You know, the best thing about growing up in 2 separate countries? I can safely say there are e-diots in pak and the same number of e-diots in the US.
The world is full of them.

Last edited by hello on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to say e-diots instead of "bad people")

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Agreed

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am

I only wish there were more Senator Bernie Sanders, he is Independent. We should all be independent thinkers and come to our own conclusion. It is very hard to stomach what the Republicans are doing to the middle class and poor. It is very hard to stomach the Democrats not standing up to the Republicans.

We certainly need to react this week or it will be just more of the same. More of the same just makes us sicker. Not doing anything is no longer a choice. Bring it on! Just bring it on!

Not having the money is no excuse. Whether there is a will there is a way.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 am

I like Bernie and (I can't spell his name) Kusnich? I don't agree with everything he says but on the wars and financial woes we see eye to eye.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:29 am

We shouldn't bash all republicans. The gist of what they are saying is right. Their execution is bad. Government DOES spend too much. But they (the repubilcans) are taking the lazy way out and just cutting big chunks of funding for social programs. Both parties need to dig in deep and find out where all the leaks are and fix those. Like I mentioned earlier, there is a lot of waste in govt. spending. Something that costs 1 dollar at home depot costs 500 dollars when the govt. buys it. They need to fix those kind of deals. Also fix the tax loop holes.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 am

tristen303 wrote:I like Bernie and (I can't spell his name) Kusnich? I don't agree with everything he says but on the wars and financial woes we see eye to eye.

I think you are a progressive?? IMO This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  457196

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next