» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by Angelicrisis on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

MAD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/30/unemployment-no-extended-benefits_n_887656.html

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Re: No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 am

If I could organize everyone that was unemployed and get them to do my bidding I would have every unemployed person volunteer for the city and state of their own free will. I wouldn't even tell the state or city about it. I would try and get donations of uniform t shirts that say "unemployed civilian conservation corp", the UCCC, and we would, in huge numbers, do things that better our communities. I would call the media everyday. The national media would be all over this. This would destroy the stigma of being lazy and prove our worth and our will to work. The public would overwhelmingly demand benefits for us because they would see this as having earned them.

Then I would run for office.

LENDME!! That is a brilliant idea!!

You would definitely have my vote Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by Angelicrisis on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:32 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:
Angelicrisis wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:This has nothing to do with 99ers. It just means that means that anyone laid off of from now on will simply be 26er's. This will be an absolute disaster. The 13 month extension is still in effect but anyone laid off now will not get to tier 1 before the deadline day.

We need to to prepare for this. We need to be here for these people because they are going to be in a world of hurt.

I hope you 100% right lendmeflight. You don't think this has any correlation with HR589 at all? It is tied to tier 1 and if they are cutting fed extentions for anyone filing after tommorow then what msg is that sending about the possible funding for HR589. Once again, I hope you are right once again, just asking for your stream of consciousness so to speak on the issue. It will def help me sleep better.

These are two different issues. If 589 passes tomorrow everyone that is a 99er passes tier 1 before January will get 14 extra weeks.
This is not some new legislation that past ending our federal benefits. This is the deal Obama made to keep it going as long as he could. If he had not passed that deal this would have happened in Summer of 2010 instead of January 2012. We all knew, or should have known, this would happen. Of course, the deadline could be extended again but I am doubtful that it will be. I have much more hope for the passage of 589 because that bill can be paid for (possibly) but a deadline extension could not be. There is no possible way that the house would pass a budget that would include enough funding for it.

This is as negative as you will ever hear me. I am not saying it won't pass but it won't be paid for. It will have to pass because we push for it, because we are in the streets for it, because we demand it. I qualify that by saying not because we demand it but because the working class at large demands it. This is our obstacle, our own kind is too against us. People who have jobs think we are lazy and don't want to work.

If I could organize everyone that was unemployed and get them to do my bidding I would have every unemployed person volunteer for the city and state of their own free will. I wouldn't even tell the state or city about it. I would try and get donations of uniform t shirts that say "unemployed civilian conservation corp", the UCCC, and we would, in huge numbers, do things that better our communities. I would call the media everyday. The national media would be all over this. This would destroy the stigma of being lazy and prove our worth and our will to work. The public would overwhelmingly demand benefits for us because they would see this as having earned them.

Then I would run for office.

I apologize for the tangent, carry on.

capitil hill No need to apologize. Thanks for the clarification. Excellent idea btw. lendmeflight to lendthecountryflight in 2011!!! You just put a few more seconds of time on the clock i'm sure for a lot of people. Thanks again.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 am

I reiterate my point earlier. We need to stick around to help the people that will be coming after us. I will be a 99er on August 9th but I will still be around as often as I can to help people and let them know what I have learned over the two past two years. We all need to make a pledge to do the same whether we are 99ers or whether we are working. If I get a job I will still be here.

lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:14 am

fredm74 wrote:I am truly in the state of shock. I can't believe this is happening. What happened to the 13-month extension that Obama signed back in December? Has the world gone crazy?

Can't they just cut out Tier 3 and 4 and extend Tier 1 with the HR589? I think Federal extended benefits are CRUCIAL to this economy. Whether Obama wins re-election or not, next year the economy will still be in shambles. This is a loooooong road to recovery.
We all knew this day was coming. Last year when they passed the 13 month extension everyone thought they were set. Time flies and there are no jobs out there. I'm sure when they finally come to an agreement on the debt ceiling, this issue will be addressed, but once again, I believe it will only be an extension of deadlines, nothing for the 99ers. And who knows if another extension will even be considered.

There are 13 states that will continue to pay extended benefits when the Federal extensions shut off during periods of high unemployment. I believe RI and NC are two of them, I will have to research the rest. But for anyone just starting on unemployment, or Tiers 1 or 2 right now, the last date to move to another Federal tier is December 24. You will collect the balance of whatever tier you are on after that date and there will be no more, unless you live in one of the 13 states that will continue EB (if they don't change that too).

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 am

I'm still for dragging them ALL out by their cushy tushes and hanging them at the nearest tree. This is what it has come to. They WILL NOT listen at all anymore so they MUST be taken out and done away with. Masses of people can DO this and WHO is going to HELP the Richie Riches???? No ONE. Votes HAVE NO POWER now. Only guns and justice to be inflicted on the wealthy wicked. It's coming to that folks. Take back what is ours by force and fear. They do it to us so WHY not do it to them. Just look at Greece, and thats just the beginning. They will NOT do anything for the people until they FEAR us.

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:36 am

I have to agree with Desp. This will not be addressed until the Debt Ceiling is addressed. I agree it has to be as they damage that could and would cause would not allow for anything for anyone, no benefits, no help at all, it would send unemployment further through the ceiling but I doubt there actually would be the funds to do anything for anyone. These nuts really believe they can just keep saying no and it will all go away, just like the unemployed went away (nope, we are still here). I really fear the people we have in office truly have no clue how the world really works, and like it or not, we are not just the US of A, we are the USA of the world and as we go, the world goes.

This is precisely why we do not stop. We have all tirelessly worked and typed and called, but since we do not march or take part in anything violent as they have elsewhere, we keep the pressure up. They are a captive audience now, they are staying in Washington because the eyes of the world are now on them thanks to the President's remarks. Let's blitz them once again. I know it's a holiday, but we have nothing (and everything) to lose. Let all the talk shows keep covering them over the holiday weekend, see what they get accomplished. If they are there you know that their staff is with them, they would never do this alone, and by the way, look at the money being spent on payrolls to keep guards, extra security etc on staff for the holiday (all because they can't get anything done, doesn't say fiscally responsible to me, how about you?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:30 am

There was an article yesterday that suggested that the President was open to a second stimulus package to be included in the debt ceiling negotiations. I believe this is the only way we will see further extensions of benefits. At the end of the year when the deadlines are about to expire, and this is brought up again, the GOP is going to respond with "find a way to pay for it." The sponsors of HR 589 couldn't find the $16B needed to pay for that, where will they find the money to pay for the program that is currently in place? We know they won't consider it "emergency spending", the 99ers have seen that.

I have been contacting my Congressman almost daily since he was inaugurated in January and yesterday was the first time I got a real response from him. There is no will among the GOP members of the House for any further extension of unemployment benefits for anyone and unfortunately, they are the majority right now. It hurt like hell to hear him say that but at least now I know where we stand.

The President must insist on a second stimulus which includes extensions of benefits for EVERYONE who was eligible for EUC08!

This is the article that mentions the President and another stimulus:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2863-obama-open-to-economic-stimulus-as-part-of-debt-reduction-deal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 am

I don't know what happens to the December 2011 deal for tax cuts vs. unemployment extension for one year. If in fact this does happen, all tax cuts should cease immediately. Do they think we don't remember. This is another thing we should be including in our correspondence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 am

MaryKay wrote:I don't know what happens to the December 2011 deal for tax cuts vs. unemployment extension for one year. If in fact this does happen, all tax cuts should cease immediately. Do they think we don't remember. This is another thing we should be including in our correspondence.
The tax cuts were extended for two years, through December 2012. EUC08 was extended until December 2011. The last day to go from one tier to the next is December 24, 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:55 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
MaryKay wrote:I don't know what happens to the December 2011 deal for tax cuts vs. unemployment extension for one year. If in fact this does happen, all tax cuts should cease immediately. Do they think we don't remember. This is another thing we should be including in our correspondence.
The tax cuts were extended for two years, through December 2012. EUC08 was extended until December 2011. The last day to go from one tier to the next is December 24, 2011.
Just an "edit" to my comment - I don't say this as a disgruntled "99er". It affects my family personally. I have two sisters, both teachers, who were laid off last Friday because the school will be closing. Because RI has a one week waiting period to receive unemployment compensation, they became eligible today, and therefore, will not be eligible for any Federal extensions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Dang DIRI! I'm sorry for your sisters and everyone else who will feel the brunt of this lack of action. I keep thinking the country will wake up from this nightmare. It hasn't...

Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 am

After this week, workers laid off through no fault of their own will not be eligible for any of the generous extended unemployment benefits layoff victims have received from the federal government since 2008.

It's not incredibly likely that Congress will be in the mood to keep these programs up and running. Even when Democrats controlled the House of Representatives last year, Republicans and conservative Democrats in the Senate caused delays every time the aid needed to be reauthorized. With Republicans in control of the House, additional federal spending to support the economy will be even less popular. (Earlier this year, the GOP pushed a bill that would allow states to redirect federal funds for jobless benefits.)
"There's a real potential cliff coming for unemployed people," emailed Judy Conti, a lobbyist for the National Employment Law Project, a worker advocacy group. "The federal unemployment programs all expire at the end of this year. This means that anyone who is laid off on July 1st or later, will ONLY receive state benefits unless Congress acts to keep these needed programs up and running."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:31 pm

I also know folks just now getting their pink slips, they can't believe that they will only get 26 weeks. They all keep talking about how unfair that is, it's so much bigger than that. I'm sad for them when they finally find out just how bad this whole mess really is.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:38 pm

maybe the Un-99ers will start raising a FUSS now how they GOT cheated. All have to get together and MAKE our voices heard AT ONE TIME. No more whispers in the shadows like it has been. Ratbag Politicians and Corporate Elite MUST be MADE to PAY!!!! Twisted Evil

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 pm

disgustedwithgovt wrote:I also know folks just now getting their pink slips, they can't believe that they will only get 26 weeks. They all keep talking about how unfair that is, it's so much bigger than that. I'm sad for them when they finally find out just how bad this whole mess really is.

I get the feeling that this is going to generate animosity toward the 99ers. It seems like people are being pitted against each other, and nothing is getting done (except the workers who get pink slipped).

couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 pm

mistermunster wrote:maybe the Un-99ers will start raising a FUSS now how they GOT cheated. All have to get together and MAKE our voices heard AT ONE TIME. No more whispers in the shadows like it has been. Ratbag Politicians and Corporate Elite MUST be MADE to PAY!!!! Twisted Evil

The Un-99ers are being pitted against the 99ers (haves (a very sick joke) and have-nots). You're right- we have to make sure we're all together on this, otherwise we will end up attacking each other, while our representatives collect paychecks.

couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I would hope that the long term unemployed would not turn on the 99ers. Many of the 99ers, including myself and many other of our Admins/Moderators and members fought and emailed, faxed, called and tweeted tirelessly to get 4213 passed last year. We really need all unemployed members to be together and fight for benefits and jobs.

Fighting one another is exactly what they would like to see happen, it could seriously fracture our efforts to get extensions of benefits and some real job creation help and legislation. It's the only way.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:45 pm

MaryKay wrote:I would hope that the long term unemployed would not turn on the 99ers. Many of the 99ers, including myself and many other of our Admins/Moderators and members fought and emailed, faxed, called and tweeted tirelessly to get 4213 passed last year. We really need all unemployed members to be together and fight for benefits and jobs.

Fighting one another is exactly what they would like to see happen, it could seriously fracture our efforts to get extensions of benefits and some real job creation help and legislation. It's the only way.

This is the plan of the Corporate and Political Fascists. This tactic comes right out of their playbook. When we finally realize OUR government isn't in it FOR COUNTRY or It's people. Then and ONLY then can we wage a war against them to regain what they stole.

mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Agreed misternunster, but it only works if we, the 99ers and long term unemployed fall prey to it. We can't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:24 pm

mistermunster wrote:maybe the Un-99ers will start raising a FUSS now how they GOT cheated. All have to get together and MAKE our voices heard AT ONE TIME. No more whispers in the shadows like it has been. Ratbag Politicians and Corporate Elite MUST be MADE to PAY!!!! Twisted Evil
I agree with you on that, mistermunster. As an "original" 99er, I have seen people come and go when an extension of deadlines is just around the corner. Everyone needs to stick together this time, or no one is going to see any further extensions or additional weeks. It has to be brought up now also, during the debt ceiling negotiations. If it isn't, come December when the deadlines are about to expire, the GOP will have the same answer they always use for everything, "Find a way to pay for it!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top