Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal

+4
stansmad
tristen303
gettheminNOVEMBER
exhaustedandtired/1208
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 Empty Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 am

First topic message reminder :

The media coverage of the ongoing debt ceiling negotiations has often painted President Obama as painfully eager to be considered a champion of austerity. Yet White House staff say the press has generally misunderstood or mislabled the president's motives. Ask top aides what the administration prioritizes, and they will place job creation well above spending reductions.

To many progressives, Obama's logic appears flawed. How would slashing trillions of dollars from the budget over the next decade help the 14 million Americans who are currently unemployed? But tucked beneath the president's rhetorical strains was an important declaration:

"One of the most important things we can do for debt and deficit reduction is to grow the economy," Obama said. "Deficit reduction, debt reduction should be part of an overall package for job growth over the long term. It is not the only part of it, but it is an important part of it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/obama-open-to-stimulus-debt-reduction-plan_n_887093.html

Back to top Go down

Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:51 pm

stansmad wrote:Again tell me what the democrats accomplished when they held the hammer in Congress, I think I missed that. BTW- GM has NOT fully paid their loans off for your info, look it up. They used money for a payment from an ESCROW account that was TARP funded. Sen. Grassley called Geitner on this false claim and they had to backpedal. They also totally screwed their stockholders when they filed bankruptcy. So if Obama is not held accountable for anything then what is he doing in office? He did not need to go back in time to raise the debt, he has blown a ton in 2+years already. I will return soon, I must call Beck to see what to say next and when to use the bathroom.

Just go the the bathroom and look in the toilet to talk to beck. Sorry you set me up good there.

Well Bush spent over 5 trillion and lost 8 million jobs. If you want to back that then more power to ya. Read the Shumer thread and let me know what you think of the GOP not wanting to save jobs and what did Boehner say SO BE IT? If we lose more jobs. The goal of the GOP is to defeat Obama not fix the economy.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:11 pm

YOU STILL DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION . What did the demos do when they had control of Congress ? .................. crickets......... BTW- Beck was in the shower, and Obama and Biden were in the pooper.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 pm

I have to comment about the term "teabagger"

The right gets so angry when they hear the left use the term but isnt anyone aware that the tea party came up with that term THEMSELVES? Now that they know what "teabagger" means in slang, they are blaming the left for it! LOL

Teabagger originated when the teaparty decided to mail used teabags to congress back in spring of 2010. It explains it all on wikipedia. In defense of all of us lefties, Get angry with the teaparty for that one! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

You are pulling the old liberal trick, avoid talking about your candidates when confronted with the truth. How much has Obama spent ? And what was that you proclaimed about GM again? Seems you are forgetting what you claimed as facts. Where are the "shovel ready "jobs ? If anyone has been brainwashed by their party it would be you.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

I want to add I was a conservative. Back when Mitch and the GOP boys were fighting against tier 3 I really needed the money or I would have been homeless. I was almost done with school and my internship which led to a job. I will NEVER forgive the GOP for that. In fact I will fight them TOOTH AND NAIL! Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:19 pm

stansmad wrote: YOU STILL DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION . What did the demos do when they had control of Congress ? .................. crickets......... BTW- Beck was in the shower, and Obama and Biden were in the pooper.

Let me educate you. It takes 60 votes to pass a bill in the Senate and the dems only had 57 so the right blocked everything. I really hope you knew this. This is politics 101.

Beck was in the shower? Did he have his soap on a rope?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 pm

stansmad wrote: You are pulling the old liberal trick, avoid talking about your candidates when confronted with the truth. How much has Obama spent ? And what was that you proclaimed about GM again? Seems you are forgetting what you claimed as facts. Where are the "shovel ready "jobs ? If anyone has been brainwashed by their party it would be you.

Hey we agree on something, the problem is your party blocked the stim money for the shovel ready jobs. They don't want to fix the economy. Obama should have made them take it. Ask FL, Rick Scott sent back millions that could have been used for new bridges and many other teaparty members did so as well. Our roads are falling apart and the GOP and teaparty refused to take the money to fix it.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 pm

I heard that term for the first time with the original X-Box Live games. That was 10 years ago. The original X-Box released in fall of 2001.

244 245 things Barack Obama has accomplished as president. Not up to date as it doesn't include killing Bin Laden. The link is to Part 4. There are 3 other additional pages.
http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/2010/10/president-obamas-244-accomplishments-part-4/

In first 100 days he accomplished getting health care passed and 9 other important issues. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/obamas-first-100-days-10_n_192603.html

Last edited by MoInSTL on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:32 pm

By the way stansmad why is the house controlled by the right have one 10 page jobs bill and one is the cover and the other 9 have pop up pictures on it and 13 abortion bills right now. How is that going to help? Crickets?? CHIRP CHIRP!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Look, I am definitely liberal...always have been always will be. I admit neither party is perfect including obama, but the GOP/GOTP is way to extreme and I truly believe they are power hungry and dont care about us, whether we are a part of their party or not.

Their actions or inaction speaks louder than words. I may be liberal, but have always tried to understand the other sides views and respected them until these past few years.

They honestly dont care whether we live or die. I believe that with all of my heart. Maybe not all of them, but most. If they thought for a second that creating jobs and offering more benefits to 99ers would win them the presidents seat, they would do it in a heart beat. They want things to stay just the way they are and will only push legislation that will make things worse, not better. They dont want things to get better unless it benefits them and the top 2%.

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:03 pm

"HOPE AND CHANGE" --- JAN 2009- UNEMPLOYMENT 7.3% NATIONAL DEBT 10.6 TRILLION GAS $1.83 GALLON . JULY 2011-- UNEMPLOYMENT 9.1% NATIONAL DEBT 14.3 TRILLION GAS $3.74 GALLON . Obama admitted a week or so ago that "there was no shovel ready jobs". Did he really kill Bin Laden himself ? If you are using this as one of his badges of honor then you don't have much.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm

stansmad wrote:"HOPE AND CHANGE" --- JAN 2009- UNEMPLOYMENT 7.3% NATIONAL DEBT 10.6 TRILLION GAS $1.83 GALLON . JULY 2011-- UNEMPLOYMENT 9.1% NATIONAL DEBT 14.3 TRILLION GAS $3.74 GALLON . Obama admitted a week or so ago that "there was no shovel ready jobs". Did he really kill Bin Laden himself ? If you are using this as one of his badges of honor then you don't have much.

Obama does not set gas prices the Speculators like the Kochs brothers do and Opec. Obama just released 30 million barrels to help lower the prices. The right has blocked every jobs bill so what should Obama do?

You never answered me up top. Did you know it took 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill? And the dems did not have 60?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
stansmad wrote:"HOPE AND CHANGE" --- JAN 2009- UNEMPLOYMENT 7.3% NATIONAL DEBT 10.6 TRILLION GAS $1.83 GALLON . JULY 2011-- UNEMPLOYMENT 9.1% NATIONAL DEBT 14.3 TRILLION GAS $3.74 GALLON . Obama admitted a week or so ago that "there was no shovel ready jobs". Did he really kill Bin Laden himself ? If you are using this as one of his badges of honor then you don't have much.

Obama does not set gas prices the Speculators like the Kochs brothers do and Opec. Obama just released 30 million barrels to help lower the prices. The right has blocked every jobs bill so what should Obama do?

You never answered me up top. Did you know it took 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill? And the dems did not have 60?

Come on get them, don't you know by now that it's all Obama's fault?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

What about unemployment and national debt ? Are the Koch bros. the only ones getting richer ? Bush was absolutely blamed for gas prices. I thought the stimulus was to create jobs ? THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE UNDER HIS WATCH WITHOUT A DOUBT.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Lend me I NEVER said it was all Obama's fault. SHOW ME where I have please. I am amazed how he is never held accountable for what he has done or not done. The numbers do not lie.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 pm

stansmad wrote:What about unemployment and national debt ? Are the Koch bros. the only ones getting richer ? Bush was absolutely blamed for gas prices. I thought the stimulus was to create jobs ? THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE UNDER HIS WATCH WITHOUT A DOUBT.

For the last time the stim would have worked if the GOP took the money and they spent MORE! We went from 8 million jobs lost to 2.7 million gained.

Listen the right does not want to fix the economy. They want to make Obama fail. Bottomline. Mitch said so, sorry its the truth.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Come on get them, don't you know by now that it's all Obama's fault?

It really is a one track mind set.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Without a doubt? Like how so?

The day he took office, when the meltdown was in it's infancy, the unemployment was 7.3%. As you know, or maybe you don't, it got worse for a few months there, a lot worse. However, since then it has steadily improved somewhat. There has been 15 straight months of economic growth under Obama. It isn't perfect and the problem isn't fixed but BETTER is certainly not the same thing as WORSE to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Perhaps that's the problem here, I wouldn't want to speculate.

Last edited by lendmeflight2 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 pm

You guys are all out of control here.

Why don't the lot of you just take a deep breath, remember we're all in this together, and bring the emotional tone of this conversation down about 5 notches?

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 pm

15 STRAIGHT MONTHS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH ! ?? Who is the one with an ounce of common sense here ? PROVE IT !

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 pm

stansmad wrote:15 STRAIGHT MONTHS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH ! ?? Who is the one with an ounce of common sense here ? PROVE IT !

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/06/28/obama-created-15-straight-months-of-job-growth-ia-democratic-leader-says/ Here ya go!!

Obama Open To Economic Stimulus As Part Of Debt Reduction Deal - Page 2 000_ch10

In this pic the RED is the BUSH years notice we are losing a butt load of jobs the blue is the OBAMA years. This is a bit old you can add 10 more blue bars all in the positive for jobs.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Sorry, your source is the Chairman of the Iowa DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Hardly reliable. Thought you might like to know Iowa has had 27 straight months of rising GOP registrations since Obama took office. If jobs are rising then why the 9.1% rate ?

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm

stansmad wrote:Sorry, your source is the Chairman of the Iowa DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Hardly reliable. Thought you might like to know Iowa has had 27 straight months of rising GOP registrations since Obama took office. If jobs are rising then why the 9.1% rate ?

That chart does not lie, I wish I could find the updated one. Like I said there are 10 more blue bars in the jobs positive list.

Instead of asking me what Obama has done. I ask you what has Boehner done in the house? Nothing but abortion is the answer.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:19 pm

You both are right, just not carrying the facts out far enough. Yes the economy grew but at less than projected growth rates instead of flat lines or negative as for the jobs picture the Dems only show gross jobs created not net jobs which is what stans talking about when those figures are put into the economic indicator box there has been still no net gain in jobs and flat lined growth like all stats it's all what is included in the math. Obama is a failed Pres. clearly and the Dems when in control could have passed anything (don’t talk about the Repubs blocking they couldn’t block Healthcare it’s just a matter priorities which the Dems didn’t have, still no budget just using the Repubs as scapegoats lol) With that being said the argument that makes me laugh is how Bush is blamed for everything still 3 years into Obama’s presidency if that logic follows true then Bush Sr would get credit for the expansion under Clinton and one could argue that Carter's plan accounted for Reagan’s chart dropping; can't have it both ways. Now without question the surplus was spent under a Repub Pres. on wars and the housing crisis and de reg ballooned under Clinton and Bush Jr didn't do anything to stop it. All this really doesn't matter though the impasse that nobody has answered for me is how are people entitled to my money, my hard work, my success just because they are born into America? And if so why is somebody that doesn't earn it, can't earn it or just plain won't even allowed having a say in what is taken from my efforts. Further at what point do I get to say no more earn your own or piss off enough is enough. One of the founding principles in a free society is the right of association and of property. Somebody without property doesn't get mine by virtue of birth that argument is just plain stupid...see the counter to that is that if both were born in the same place and one is successful the other isn't well that’s just too damn bad they started out equal one just isn’t as bright as the other. The BS about rich being bad, having stolen it or not deserving or just plain player hating is so wrong and such a bankrupt political philosophy it’s no wonder that the Dem party is in such trouble across the board. I mean think about it with all the Hollywood elites all the Music idols, all the left leaning groups, all the work of the unions the majority of the media doing everything they can to hide the truth about Obama and the Dems trying to promote the agenda of the left ideology Americans still vote them out and in 2012 it looks like the Dems are going to get rolled again. How many times does it have to happen before the left gets the hint that America isn’t down with their ideas, or plans? These is reality please explain why the left thinks that they are just so smarter then the majority opinion and when they’ll get clue America doesn’t want the debt ceiling raised and wants cuts across the board. All the post on this site are pro left pro dem, fine but maybe both points of view would help.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Tristen the right BLOCKED everything. Where are the house JOBS bills UNDER BOEHNER?? PLEASE WHERE ARE THE FUC#ING JOBS BILLS??
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next