Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..."

4 posters

Go down

"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." Empty "Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..."

Post by PamelaJo Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 am

I just read this on Yahoo! News, posted by PRWeb. Not exactly sure what it's all about, but it seems as though the high number of long-term unemployed are at least getting attention in Michigan...and appear to be on the way to getting some additional help.

Take a look and I would appreciate knowing what others think this might mean for the long-term unemployed in general.

Thanks!
Pamela Jo

The link to the article:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/government-michigan-unemployment-extension-alleviate-sufferings-unemployed-unemployment-082154140.html
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." Empty Re: "Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..."

Post by polpol3 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

I wish N.J. would do something the rate has been over 9.0% forever! Gov.Christie is to arrogant to do something like that!

polpol3

Back to top Go down

"Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..." Empty Re: "Government to Provide Michigan Unemployment Extension..."

Post by PamelaJo Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 am

polpol3 wrote: I wish N.J. would do something the rate has been over 9.0% forever! Gov.Christie is to arrogant to do something like that!

I'm hoping the same for PA. They say the unemployment rate continues to drop here, but the rate in the Lehigh Valley (which is not far from where I live) has just risen once again. The only reason the statewide rate drops is due to those exhausting all benefits no longer being included in the numbers. If we were counted the rate would be extremely high.

I recently watched a "Call In" program featuring Gov. Christie on a Philly news station and I must say that he certainly did not handle the public well at all. He seemed to have no regard for any opinions but his own. Originally, I had reservations about our own Gov. Corbett, but he seems to be willing to deal with the unemployment situation here. Hoping it continues that way and even improves. We'll see.
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am

PamelaJo wrote:I just read this on Yahoo! News, posted by PRWeb. Not exactly sure what it's all about, but it seems as though the high number of long-term unemployed are at least getting attention in Michigan...and appear to be on the way to getting some additional help.

Take a look and I would appreciate knowing what others think this might mean for the long-term unemployed in general.

Thanks!
Pamela Jo

The link to the article:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/government-michigan-unemployment-extension-alleviate-sufferings-unemployed-unemployment-082154140.html

I am not sure how authentic this article is because I seen an article from PRWeb with similar information regarding my state and there is no truth to it. I also checked the Unemployment-extension.org website and can not find anything backing up what PRWeb is reporting, yet they say "According to Unemployment-Extension.org".

idk I could mistaken so please don't take my word for it, Does anyone else know anything about this questin
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

I think it's an old article
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by PamelaJo Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Thank all of you for your input. I wasn't at all sure about the article myself and that is why I wanted to know what others thought of it. Surely would be nice to discover it's not incorrect, but I also have strong doubts about it.
Thanks again.
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm going to lock this thread as it's not relevant.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down