Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard

Go down

Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard Empty Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:30 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/24/stephen-laroque-hires-more-unemployed-workers_n_883772.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

A Republican politician in North Carolina has successfully recruited two unemployed workers to clean up his yard after the first jobless constituent he hired in May quit after just one hour.

Kathryn Treadway of Goldsboro, N.C., had dared state Rep. Stephen LaRoque to hire her so she could prove she wasn't too good for manual labor. But Treadway gave up because of a sore back and because she thought LaRoque was deliberately trying to humiliate her. He paid her $8.

LaRoque told HuffPost on Thursday that several laid off workers contacted him about the yard work after hearing about the job in the news. He said he's hired two people who've been working on his 3.5 acres for the past two weeks.

"They contacted me. They read about it, heard about it," he said. He's paying one guy $8 an hour and another guy $10 since that person had some of his own equipment. LaRoque described the work as "picking up tree limbs, raking... digging up some grass, pulling up weeds, getting it ready so I can put some more grass seed down. Basically yard work."

Back to top Go down

Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard Empty Re: Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard

Post by TR11005 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:49 am

I do yard work for the neighbor on the street when he is gone on a trip. That money is helpful, but it don't put food on the table unless you want me to eat the weeds and grass.

This is chicken poop and sticks worse then the old chicken coop. Mighty big of him. A real low life scum!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard Empty Re: Stephen LaRoque Hires More Unemployed Workers to Clean Up His Yard

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:54 am

I know, like he just singlehandedly solved the massive unemployment crisis by hiring 2 unemployed workers for peanuts. Now he'll want to be praised. They called his bluff though.
chier chier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down