Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/06/20/249307/georgia-man-robs-for-health/


Yet when he was laid off from Coca Cola three years ago, Verone was desperate to find work. He eventually found work as a convenience clerk, yet he began to notice a protrusion in his chest. He developed arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome, and soon the pain became too much for him to bear. He filed for disability, but he was denied any sort of coverage by the federal government.


gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down


Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:So what? I guess it's better that childless like me pay more and just die because we don't have kids? That is discrimination against childless, and many of these parents are just too lazy to work. I know, I've seen it in Illinois. If childless can't get medical then parents don't deserve it either. Let them pay for it instead of charging childless more.

I am not childless, my son is 32, but I do not begrudge my sister, or any other person who is eligible for free medical for being able to receive it. As a matter of fact, I am happy they can.

You want to talk about needing medical, I could write a novel here as to why I need it now, but I can't get it either. I refuse to be selfish and hold it against those that are fortunate enough to receive it. Do you really want them to go through what you are right now? I know I certainly don't!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm going through far more than most in terms of needing medical. However my state deems me not important to receive medical. They have no problem giving welfare to illegals and their children and the welfare queens who never worked a day in their life. Me? well I can just die, which is what I will be doing if I don't receive medical assistance very soon.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:30 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

Low blow, NWP! Now you are discriminating against people who have children for taking the 12 weeks of FMLA benefits they receive every two years!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:31 pm

new wave, let's try not arguing about this. Have you contacted your Governor and State Senators, you local legislators? I needed their help when my brother had a paralyzing stroke at 46 and they stepped in and helped. There are exceptions to every rule, you may be one. Give them a call or send a letter requesting an appointment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I called them and they said there were no exceptions. The woman I spoke to on the phone agreed it was wrong but it was set up by soon to be criminal Rod Blagojevich aka blow dry.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

Low blow, NWP! Now you are discriminating against people who have children for taking the 12 weeks of FMLA benefits they receive every two years!

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about those who chose not to work then expect the government to pay for them. I feel FMLA should be open to anyone who needs it.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

So moms should just give birth on their coffee breaks and keep on keeping on? By your moral compass rich people should mean more because they pay more in taxes? Is that what you mean? I guess poor hungry people in Africa are less important than you?

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:32 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

So moms should just give birth on their coffee breaks and keep on keeping on? By your moral compass rich people should mean more because they pay more in taxes? Is that what you mean? I guess poor hungry people in Africa are less important than you?

No, they should find a company that offered maternity leave. That's what I hope to do if I find a job. No, rich aren't more important but everyone is more important than welfare freeloaders. I couldn't care less about Africa and while it's sad they are poor, I am more concerned with people in this country.

Just so people understand the medical system here in Illinois it's corrupt. Low income singles can't get taxpayer funded medical but parents can, even if they make up to $60,000. Blow dry wanted it to cover all parents but that was vetoed.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

So moms should just give birth on their coffee breaks and keep on keeping on? By your moral compass rich people should mean more because they pay more in taxes? Is that what you mean? I guess poor hungry people in Africa are less important than you?

No, they should find a company that offered maternity leave. That's what I hope to do if I find a job. No, rich aren't more important but everyone is more important than welfare freeloaders. I couldn't care less about Africa and while it's sad they are poor, I am more concerned with people in this country.

Just so people understand the medical system here in Illinois it's corrupt. Low income singles can't get taxpayer funded medical but parents can, even if they make up to $60,000. Blow dry wanted it to cover all parents but that was vetoed.

I really don't think you should judge mothers and what it takes to raise a kid if you never had one. Corrupt as the system may be or just plain unfair its not the mothers fault.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

***MODERATED!!!***


New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'm just digusted that parents are put on this pedestal whereas childless aren't. I am seriously tempted to find a guy to have a kid with so I can get freebies.

It's not selfish that I think I deserve medical in Illinois just like parents. I do, I've paid in since I was 16. My life is just as important as theirs. Probably more because I never took off time from work until now.

So moms should just give birth on their coffee breaks and keep on keeping on? By your moral compass rich people should mean more because they pay more in taxes? Is that what you mean? I guess poor hungry people in Africa are less important than you?

No, they should find a company that offered maternity leave. That's what I hope to do if I find a job.

All employers are required by federal law to grant 12 weeks of FMLA after one year of service, so I don't think you will have a hard time finding one that offers maternity leave when you find a job. Some states require more than 12 weeks, RI mandates 13 weeks of FMLA.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:44 pm

I have no problem with FMLA. I just feel that should be expanded to anyone who needs it.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I can judge the mothers who chose to have kids they couldn't afford. I have no sympathy, they could have closed their legs. Instead, no they decided to have kids. If they had kids like this and are on welfare I have every right to judge them.
Nobody has the right to judge anyone else.

Again, I am taking this very personally. When my brother-in-law was killed in an accident (that wasn't his fault) my sister had kids she couldn't afford. At the time, one was an infant and the others were ages 3, 6 and 9. She had to take advantage of free childcare and other social service programs in order to go back to work. You don't know the story behind everyone who receives medical or other human service benefits - you are judging everyone on what you say your friends are doing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I can judge the mothers who chose to have kids they couldn't afford. I have no sympathy, they could have closed their legs. Instead, no they decided to have kids. If they had kids like this and are on welfare I have every right to judge them.

I am talking about mothers that work and take a leave not welfare. If you really want to pick a fight about welfare go after corporate welfare. Not everyone has a charmed life on welfare most really need it. In these days even more so.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I have no problem with FMLA. I just feel that should be expanded to anyone who needs it.
It DOES cover everyone who needs it - it is federal law! Not only does it cover maternity leave, it also covers personal illness, and time off for caring for a sick spouse, parent, child, etc.!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

I will judge people who have children on welfare knowing they couldn't support them. ***MODERATED*** ***MODERATED***
I am against corporate welfare too.



Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : INFLAMMATORY/OFFENSIVE REMARKS)

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:02 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I will judge people who have children on welfare knowing they couldn't support them. They could have closed their legs but chose not to. I've seen more than my fair share of these leeches and think they are scum. Many times they chose not to work but instead had more babies with more baby daddies.

I am against corporate welfare too.
You must either live in a very bad area or have a very poor choice of friends. I really haven't seen too much of this personally. I am not saying that this doesn't happen, but as with any entitlement program, even unemployment, there will be people who take advantage of the system.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 pm

I lived in a bad area with these people. I have no sympathy.

Wow, I got moderate because I said something truthful. Why can't people take responsibility for their actions? Why should I have to pay for their fun?

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I lived in a bad area with these people. I have no sympathy.

Wow, I got moderate because I said something truthful. Why can't people take responsibility for their actions? Why should I have to pay for their fun?

You got moderated because they way YOU worded it. It was not the message it was the messenger.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

So if I see someone calling a politician a Nazi I will report it as well. That I find offensive being I lost relatives in Auschwitz. However I was stating a fact that everyone in Illinois who's seen the system knows about. It's no secret in Illinois this is a problem. In fact in Illinois it's very hard to get welfare even as a married couple with kids. It's mostly the unmarried mothers that we see on tv and no it's not a stereotype.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:So if I see someone calling a politician a Nazi I will report it as well. That I find offensive being I lost relatives in Auschwitz. However I was stating a fact that everyone in Illinois who's seen the system knows about. It's no secret in Illinois this is a problem. In fact in Illinois it's very hard to get welfare even as a married couple with kids. It's mostly the unmarried mothers that we see on tv and no it's not a stereotype.
If you see a post that you find offensive, please use the report post feature in the comment box. It makes the mods job a lot easier!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:So if I see someone calling a politician a Nazi I will report it as well. That I find offensive being I lost relatives in Auschwitz. However I was stating a fact that everyone in Illinois who's seen the system knows about. It's no secret in Illinois this is a problem. In fact in Illinois it's very hard to get welfare even as a married couple with kids. It's mostly the unmarried mothers that we see on tv and no it's not a stereotype.

Report what you will, trust me I am no angel Can't right all the time even a for a princess. Peace

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

I found this board by doing a search on the guy who robbed a bank for $1. Unfortunately, this will probably be more common as more and more people cannot find jobs and need assistance.

What are people to do? Especially a man who has no children under 18 that he is supporting?

Why are more people not screaming for help to those that are single without children? As New Way said, "Should I just die? Is my life not worth as much as a parent who has children?" She is right!

Example: My mom is 60 years old. She lost her job and applied for public aid after unemployment ran out (before the extensions started). She was only given about $140 a month in food stamps. No medical or financial assistance. The woman at public aid told her, "It is very difficult to get help in this country unless you are disabled or have children under 18 living with you." But, she has a difibulator in her chest that needs to be checked and she is on a bunch of different medications.

So, I told her, "Just adopt a baby from Africa and you'll get all the care you need." Seriously. Why can't people see that it is wrong to ignore singles who have worked all of their lives, paid property taxes towards schools, and all of the social programs that support people with children?

Another example: I applied for a pell grant when I was unemployed. My income for the previous year that I had to report was all based on my unemployment compensation. It amounted to $19,000. I was denied. My friend who just became unemployed had to report her previous year income while she was still work which was $50,000. She was approved. Why? Because she had two kids under 18.

Even the Board of Education was in disbelief when I called about this. How is this fair???? Wake up people!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Lets no lose focus here. No one is saying that single people dont deserve HC or help when they are desperate especially after paying taxes for years.

IMO we are all entitled to HC and decent medical treatment. No one should be denied proper care especially if they have health issues whether they have kids or not. We cant blame teens and single mothers because people with no dependents cant get health care...its not their fault. You can blame politics and the government for that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes, I do blame the government for this. And I also think we need a decent healthcare system in this country that isn't tied to a full-time job. What bozo thought that up anyway? You have to have a full-time job in order to have health care. What???

If we had decent healthcare in this country, this man would not have had to do what he did.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:28 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum