Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110615/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_employer_crackdown

ATLANTA – Federal immigration authorities are beginning a new round of investigations designed to make sure businesses hire only people authorized to work in the U.S., focusing this time on companies vital to national security and other government and economic functions.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Wednesday it is notifying 1,000 companies that it will inspect their I-9s, the forms new employees complete, along with documents the workers provide to show they are eligible to work in the U.S.
"The inspections will touch on employers of all sizes and in every state in the nation, with an emphasis on businesses related to critical infrastructure and key resources," ICE said in a statement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:The Dems want the illegals because they will vote Democrats. Forget the fact that many unemployed normally vote Democrat.

I regret voting for Obama.
I was unaware that unauthorized citizens could vote. Very Happy

Even the citizens of Puerto Rico, who are governed by the US Constitution, cannot vote in national elections.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm

But if he legalizes them they will be allowed to vote. It is not fair Puerto Ricans can't vote.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm

If they are legally citizens, where is the problem. They have to pay taxes on income, they are then here legally, why could they not vote?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Because they will be taking jobs from Americans, that's why this is bad. Not to mention it rewards them for criminal activities (coming here illegally means not coming here legally). What about the unemployed who could take many of the jobs they take? What about the people who wait to come here legally. I know many people in jobs that used to be taken by citizens is now taken by illegals, such as construction.

I don't get why an unemployment site would even think this was a good idea. This will mean more unemployed.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by USA Citizen on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm

"The first official act of the governor of my state, former US Senator Lincoln Chafee [R]-RI was to repeal mandatory EVerify. It is not just the Dems. The Governor is now an Independent, however, switched affiliatons in order to be on the ballot last November. He comes from a very strong Republican family in this state." - DesperateInRI

@DesperateInRI
How has the repeal of mandatory E-verify in RI helped you get a job?

USA Citizen
Member

Posts : 149
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 pm

USA Citizen wrote:"The first official act of the governor of my state, former US Senator Lincoln Chafee [R]-RI was to repeal mandatory EVerify. It is not just the Dems. The Governor is now an Independent, however, switched affiliatons in order to be on the ballot last November. He comes from a very strong Republican family in this state." - DesperateInRI

@DesperateInRI
How has the repeal of mandatory E-verify in RI helped you get a job?
It hasn't affected it one bit. Never would have, unless their inaccuracy showed me as being an illegal immigrant. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by USA Citizen on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:58 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
USA Citizen wrote:"The first official act of the governor of my state, former US Senator Lincoln Chafee [R]-RI was to repeal mandatory EVerify. It is not just the Dems. The Governor is now an Independent, however, switched affiliatons in order to be on the ballot last November. He comes from a very strong Republican family in this state." - DesperateInRI

@DesperateInRI
How has the repeal of mandatory E-verify in RI helped you get a job?
It hasn't affected it one bit. Never would have, unless their inaccuracy showed me as being an illegal immigrant. Very Happy

Well, that's great that an illegal alien isn't keeping you from getting a job. Out here in California I applied for a job at a place that used mainly illegal aliens who couldn't speak English. I happened to go in the wrong door and found them all getting paid in cash in a back room. The E-verify law wouldn't have done any good in this case because they were all getting paid under the table and nothing was reported to the government. Even if E-verify was enacted there would still be millions of illegal aliens working in the U.S. because some employers don't like paying taxes or benefits and they like to treat the illegals like slaves. Even our U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis wants illegal aliens to get the same wages as American citizens.
http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/psa.htm
Obama and his administration have a higher regard for illegal aliens than unemployed American citizens.

USA Citizen
Member

Posts : 149
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 pm

USA Citizen wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
USA Citizen wrote:"The first official act of the governor of my state, former US Senator Lincoln Chafee [R]-RI was to repeal mandatory EVerify. It is not just the Dems. The Governor is now an Independent, however, switched affiliatons in order to be on the ballot last November. He comes from a very strong Republican family in this state." - DesperateInRI

@DesperateInRI
How has the repeal of mandatory E-verify in RI helped you get a job?
It hasn't affected it one bit. Never would have, unless their inaccuracy showed me as being an illegal immigrant. Very Happy

Well, that's great that an illegal alien isn't keeping you from getting a job. Out here in California I applied for a job at a place that used mainly illegal aliens who couldn't speak English. I happened to go in the wrong door and found them all getting paid in cash in a back room. The E-verify law wouldn't have done any good in this case because they were all getting paid under the table and nothing was reported to the government. Even if E-verify was enacted there would still be millions of illegal aliens working in the U.S. because some employers don't like paying taxes or benefits and they like to treat the illegals like slaves. Even our U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis wants illegal aliens to get the same wages as American citizens.
http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/psa.htm
Obama and his administration have a higher regard for illegal aliens than unemployed American citizens.

I live in Illinois and the illegals here are out of control. Most public aid jobs now require being bilingual. Most factory jobs I see now also hire illegals. In fact all of the management jobs require one to be fluent in Spanish.

I've heard it's bad in California and if it's bad here it's got to be terrible there.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by jchapman on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:08 pm

[quote="jchapman"]
jchapman wrote:Have you folks wondered how this happens in spite of the e-verify program? I have just learned of the legal method that an employer is supposed to follow when filing an I-9, even though the procedure hasn't always been exactly followed over the years since it became effective on November 06, 1986. Yeah, it's been around that long, & November 06, 1986 was on a Thursday.
1st, an I-9 is not supposed to be filled out BEFORE the employer makes an actual offer of employment, & the employee accepts the offer. You might have filled out an I-9 when you filled out an application, particularly at a temp service, but by the letter of the law, the temp service was not supposed to do that.
Just a reminder about an issiue I posted earlier. Please not that what the Governor of Rhode Island did just repeals the law that mandates that businesses participate in e-verify. They may still participate voluntarily, & it does not mean that they can hire illegal workers. They are still responsible to make sure that their employees are authorized to work in the US.
I posted the reminder above, to point out that a regulation in the USCIS Handbook For Employers stipulates that employers aren't supposed to do the I-0 process until after a worker has been offered a position & the worker has accepted. My stand is that the employer should be able to have the option to do the I-9 process as early as a applicant fills out an application. This could be more convenient to an applicant, plus give the employer more time to verify the documents. This could even be done without using the E-verify system. 2 temp staffing companies, Manpower & Kelly services are merely using this as a loophole to jerk applicants around, forcing them to make multiple trips when 1 would do. It really amounts to discrimination against the long-term unemployed in disguise of"simply folowing the law".
This definitely needs to be ammended.

jchapman
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm

This problem is even worse than I thought. Apparently in Illinois 75% of all people on the medicaid program are illegals. Imagine all the money taxpayers would save if we booted all of these people out.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 pm


Just a reminder about an issiue I posted earlier. Please not that what the Governor of Rhode Island did just repeals the law that mandates that businesses participate in e-verify. They may still participate voluntarily, & it does not mean that they can hire illegal workers. They are still responsible to make sure that their employees are authorized to work in the US.

Yes, I am completely aware that all this does it not make it mandatory, and employers cannot hire illegal immigrants. It also ensures that I am not disqualified for a job because of erroneous information by employers who choose not to use this system.

Regarding the I-9's - filling out an I-9 before you are hired is an underhanded attempt at age discrimination. I know that temp agencies do it all the time and can't understand how they get away with it.

By law, if an employee can't produce the proper documentation within 3 days of hire, an employer can fire that person for cause.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by jchapman on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Just a reminder about an issiue I posted earlier. Please not that what the Governor of Rhode Island did just repeals the law that mandates that businesses participate in e-verify. They may still participate voluntarily, & it does not mean that they can hire illegal workers. They are still responsible to make sure that their employees are authorized to work in the US.

Yes, I am completely aware that all this does it not make it mandatory, and employers cannot hire illegal immigrants. It also ensures that I am not disqualified for a job because of erroneous information by employers who choose not to use this system.

Regarding the I-9's - filling out an I-9 before you are hired is an underhanded attempt at age discrimination. I know that temp agencies do it all the time and can't understand how they get away with it.

By law, if an employee can't produce the proper documentation within 3 days of hire, an employer can fire that person for cause.
I just checked the regulation. You may do so at www,usus.gov , I-9 central, Handbook for Employers, section 2. It states that you may not begin the I-9 process before an applicant has been made an offer of employment & the offer is accepted. If there is any attempt at any kind of discrimination, it is discrimination against the long-term unemployed, because it makes them have to make additional trips to the staffing agency's office sumething that they might not be able to afford. The agency gets away with it because they can claim that they're just following the letter of the law. Age discrimination can just be a matter of passing over the application, & that is tough to prove.
In reality, if the employee can't produce proper documentation, the employer has no choice but let them go, because that's the law. Also, if the job is 3 days or less, the I-9 process must be completed before the 1st day, & if it's 4 or more days, you can wait as long as 3 days. This definitely is something that some employers can exploit to bring in illegal workers that have fake documents for up to 3 days, fix up an I-9 just in case ICE shows up a day or 2 later, let them go after the 3rd day, pay the worker off with cash, & if ICE didn't come along, which is the more likely event, destroy the I-9. Then they just do it over again. Of course this is illegal, & the minimum fines are $375 for the 1st offense, $3200 for the 2nd offense, & $4300 per worker for the 3rd offense, if the employer can be proven to have foreknowledge of the worker's illegal status. But as usual, ICE has the burden of such proof, & sometimes that ain't so easy, in which case, they let them slide with a traffic-ticket type fine.

jchapman
Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: ICE Auditing Companies' Hiring Records

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:51 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum